What if we had these two choices for our next President? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: What if we had these two choices for our next President?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,413
    BC1, when I ended a post above with "Blah blah" you may have interpreted that as a comment on what you said or would subsequently say. It was not intended as "quoting" you, it was intended as "quoting" how any further of my comments would be taken. I made one of the shorter posts I've ever left on this board and basically said if I went into all the arguments all over again, anyone on your side of telling me how I should vote would completely ignore my arguments for my vote, and repeat the exact same stuff that was a daily argument for at least six months before Election Day last year. While I didn't predict you would claim "victory" in the argument ("O did everything I predicted") in a transparent effort to invalidate what I based my abstention on in '12, the "Blah blah" was exactly how you would've received anything else I said. 2012 is so yesteryear. I'm not doing it again. Have fun propping up the abortionists, abortion-profiteers, gun-grabbing, global-warming, globalist, bail-out, quantitative-easing, NDAA, No Child Left Behind, Patriot Act, Universal Healthcare, minimum-wage-increase-supporting hacks of the Republican Party. I'm done with 'em.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I'll take anything rather than give up completely. Truth is I believe these rights will someday be gone. Society is training future generations to be obedient little progressive liberals.
    See, you take my stance as giving up... it's not. It's the realization that the voting system in this country is completely rigged and fraudulent, thus... my "vote" doesn't matter. I am of the conclusion that there will be a day where I, and "we" will once again change our nation to what freemen deserve. This will not come from voting, BC... but through conflict, death, destruction and sacrifice. I am ready for that day, whenever it may be... there is something growing here, in AmeriKa. Revolutions and Civil wars take decades to reach critical mass... I believe we, as an "awake" fraction of society are about a decade or so into the build up of the idea. I have not given up, BC... I'm preparing and waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    So you take your toys and go home? Leave a liberal to take control of your rights? If you don't decide someone will decide for you.
    My "toys" are at home, yes. I'm not leaving anything to the "Liberals" by not voting the status quo... they are going to take what they want, with or without your voting consent. There are no real lines between parties anymore, they are one... aside from a few outliers. Campaign promises and wishy-washy congressional votes are not enough for me to "believe" in a candidate or Senator any longer. If I don't see, repeatedly, an absolute adherence to the Constitution (pre-1913 at least) I will not support that person. My line in the sand is drawn and I am ready for that day when freemen take back what's rightly theirs from tyrants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    How was Romney 180° from O on gun rights? I think he may have been more like 10° different.

    1994 Romney voted for the Clinton gun ban.

    2002 he passed one of the toughest assault weapons bans in Massachusetts.

    2008 when running for president he said he would of renewed the gun control laws that have failed.

    This Romney right?

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    You haven't read the Obama history on gun control. It's massive. His goal was absolute... the elimination of all weapons from all people. Here it this. Romney isn't even close to this. You voted against your rights when you refused to vote. When you refused to vote you supported the agenda below by doing zippo to defeat him. My dad always said if someone doesn't vote they don't have room to complain.
    .
    FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

    FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.15

    FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

    FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

    FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

    FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.5

    FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

    FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

    FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

    FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

    FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9

    FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

    FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

    FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

    FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

    FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

    FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

    FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month sales restrictions.9

    FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

    FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

    FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

    Sources:

    1. United States Senate, S. 397, vote number 219, July 29, 2005. (U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote)

    2. Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinct Organization general candidate questionnaire, Sept. 9, 1996. The responses on this survey were described in “Obama had greater role on liberal survey,” Politico, March 31, 2008. (Obama had greater role on liberal survey - Kenneth P. Vogel - Politico.com)

    3. United States Senate, S. 397, vote number 217, Kennedy amendment July 29, 2005. (U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote)

    4. David Wright, Ursula Fahy and Sunlen Miller, “Obama: ‘Common Sense Regulation’ On Gun Owners’ Rights,” ABC News’ “Political Radar” Blog, Political Punch, 2/15/08. (Political Radar: Obama: ‘Common Sense Regulation’ on Gun Owners’ Rights)

    5. Illinois Senate, March 25, 2004 SB 2165, vote 20.

    6. In the Illinois Senate, Obama sponsored SB-1136, which would have amended Illinois licensing laws by increasing the requirements for the Illinois Firearm Owners Identification card. When asked about registration during the Nevada Democratic debate on January 17, 2008, Obama did not oppose it, but simply stated, “I don’t think that we can get that done.” (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/15/us…pagewanted=all)

    7. “Candidates’ gun control positions may figure in Pa. vote,” Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Wednesday, April 2, 2008, and “Keyes, Obama Are Far Apart On Guns,” Chicago Tribune, 9/15/04. (Candidates’ gun control positions may figure in Pa. vote - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)

    8. 1998 Joyce Foundation Annual Report, p. 7.

    9. “Obama and Gun Control,” The Volokh Conspiracy, taken from the Chicago Defender, Dec. 13, 1999. (The Volokh Conspiracy - Obama and Gun Control

    10. Illinois Senate, May 5, 2002, SB 1936 Con., vote 26.

    11. Illinois Senate, March 25, 2003, SB 2163, vote 18.

    12. “Clinton, Edwards, Obama on gun control,” Radio Iowa, Sunday, April 22, 2007. (Radio Iowa: Clinton, Edwards, Obama on gun control)

    13. Chicago Tribune blogs, “Barack Obama: NIU Shootings call for action,” February 15, 2008, (The Swamp: Barack Obama: NIU shootings call for action)

    14. Barack Obama campaign website: “As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment . . .” (Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In | UrbanPolicy.)

    15. Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes (Barack Obama on Gun Control and Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes) Oct 21, 2004
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    BC, you're assuming that voting... works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,413
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    You haven't read the Obama history on gun control. It's massive. His goal was absolute... the elimination of all weapons from all people. Here it this. Romney isn't even close to this. You voted against your rights when you refused to vote. When you refused to vote you supported the agenda below by doing zippo to defeat him. My dad always said if someone doesn't vote they don't have room to complain.
    .
    FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

    FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.15

    FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

    FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

    FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

    FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.5

    FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

    FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

    FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

    FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

    FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9

    FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

    FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

    FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

    FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

    FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

    FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

    FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month sales restrictions.9

    FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

    FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

    FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    BC, you're assuming that voting... works.
    And he's also contradicting himself when he said, "O did everything I predicted." Everything listed above was used to try to scare or guilt those of us who had the audacity to say out loud that we would be making our own voting decisions, thankyouverymuch, as what the Obammunist would do to the whole country from the federal level like the examples he did to IL above. So really, when it comes to gun rights, Obama has done very little of what BC predicted he would do. Everything in red above is either exactly like it was when he took office, or if anything, strengthened for gun owners. He has largely been defeated on the issues that BC is still trying to scare people with.

    Yes, I am aware of the EO issue, and if he goes through with it, I'm more confident in the courts upholding the NFA of '34 than I even was of them going the right way with Heller or McDonald. Not 100% confident by any stretch of the imagination, just more so than for those 2A cases.

    Before anyone tries to twist what I'm saying into me being an Obama-lover or supporter or whatever other brainless twaddle I can hear being formulated in the minds of the peanut gallery, save it. My fingertips burn every time I type his demonic name. But it's pretty much the same with Romney, and I avoid voting for evil whenever I'm aware of its presence, as opposed to compromising with the Devil on how much evil he thinks God will allow me to get away with supporting. This whole equation is just one in an endless line of examples of how people become self-deceived. All of the Republican establishment are corrupt. All of them are liars. They're all complicit in the theft of our God-given liberties. Vote for any of them at the expense of, not your liberties, but your soul. This has been explained to BC so many damned times and the comeback is always the same meme packaged in a slightly different set of words.

    I sincerely wish there was a direct connection between being a 2A proponent and/or gun enthusiast, and being a blues fan. Mine and BC's interaction on these boards would appear as though we were the best and oldest of friends if that were so. Whatever, political expediency never was, and never will be, my thang. Sad, but true.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    This has been explained to BC so many damned times and the comeback is always the same meme packaged in a slightly different set of words.

    I sincerely wish there was a direct connection between being a 2A proponent and/or gun enthusiast, and being a blues fan. Mine and BC's interaction on these boards would appear as though we were the best and oldest of friends if that were so. Whatever, political expediency never was, and never will be, my thang. Sad, but true.

    Blues
    Sad but true is that a progressive liberal will get to pick the next 2-3 Supreme Court Justices. Doesn't much matter what happens after that.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,801
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Sad but true is that a progressive liberal will get to pick the next 2-3 Supreme Court Justices. Doesn't much matter what happens after that.
    It doesn't much matter NOW. Enjoy while you can.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    So you take your toys and go home? Leave a liberal to take control of your rights? If you don't decide someone will decide for you.
    If Christie "I love obama and hate guns" is the republican candidate I'd be leaving a liberal to take control of my rights either way.

    From what I can see, Christie makes Romney look like a constitutionalist. Or, it may just be that Christie has absolutely no principles...
    Last edited by K7lvo; 09-01-2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Additional info...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

    Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    If Christie "I love obama and hate guns" is the republican candidate I'd be leaving a liberal to take control of my rights either way.

    From what I can see, Christie makes Romney look like a constitutionalist. Or, it may just be that Christie has absolutely no principles...
    And it's still better than Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    And he's also contradicting himself when he said, "O did everything I predicted." Everything listed above was used to try to scare or guilt those of us who had the audacity to say out loud that we would be making our own voting decisions, thankyouverymuch, as what the Obammunist would do to the whole country from the federal level like the examples he did to IL above. So really, when it comes to gun rights, Obama has done very little of what BC predicted he would do. Everything in red above is either exactly like it was when he took office, or if anything, strengthened for gun owners. He has largely been defeated on the issues that BC is still trying to scare people with.

    Yes, I am aware of the EO issue, and if he goes through with it, I'm more confident in the courts upholding the NFA of '34 than I even was of them going the right way with Heller or McDonald. Not 100% confident by any stretch of the imagination, just more so than for those 2A cases.

    Before anyone tries to twist what I'm saying into me being an Obama-lover or supporter or whatever other brainless twaddle I can hear being formulated in the minds of the peanut gallery, save it. My fingertips burn every time I type his demonic name. But it's pretty much the same with Romney, and I avoid voting for evil whenever I'm aware of its presence, as opposed to compromising with the Devil on how much evil he thinks God will allow me to get away with supporting. This whole equation is just one in an endless line of examples of how people become self-deceived. All of the Republican establishment are corrupt. All of them are liars. They're all complicit in the theft of our God-given liberties. Vote for any of them at the expense of, not your liberties, but your soul. This has been explained to BC so many damned times and the comeback is always the same meme packaged in a slightly different set of words.

    I sincerely wish there was a direct connection between being a 2A proponent and/or gun enthusiast, and being a blues fan. Mine and BC's interaction on these boards would appear as though we were the best and oldest of friends if that were so. Whatever, political expediency never was, and never will be, my thang. Sad, but true.

    Blues
    The purpose is to show how many times over a short career this man agreed with the violation of your rights. The purpose of listing it is to show his state of mind.
    .
    Show me a man and I'll show you a liar. Thus I have two people I trust in this entire world.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast