John Boehner Letting American People Down?

Thread: John Boehner Letting American People Down?

This is from today's email. If true, Boehner is a big disappointment and is no different than the Democrats.

Center For Individual Freedom
    John Boehner Has Just Ordered Rank-And-File House Republicans, During A Private Conference Call, NOT To Defund ObamaCare!

National Review is reporting that "Boehner strongly hinted on a conference call with rank-and-file House Republicans that the upcoming continuing resolution will not be a do-or-die fight over Obamacare spending. 'Our intent is to move quickly on a short-term continuing resolution [CR] that keeps the government running...'"

Don't be fooled by the Washington weasel-speak. Boehner and others are throwing down the gauntlet, essentially saying to rank-and-file House Republicans: Don't listen to the pesky demands of the American people... move to defund ObamaCare and you won't just invite Barack Obama's wrath... YOU'LL INVITE MY WRATH.

Make no mistake, Boehner is trying to herd cats and is issuing veiled threats precisely because the calls and faxes from patriotic Americans are starting to be heard loud-and-clear in Washington... And now that John Boehner has played his hand, we - the American people - must play ours.

Our elected officials must make a choice, and they need to make it now. Let them know that they can either do what House Leadership wants, or they can do what the American people want and DEFUND OBAMACARE.

John Boehner is a feckless, big government RINO. A Washington insider that has managed to get to the top and he wants to stay there. The role as Speaker suits John Boehner perfectly, as he seems to lack much conviction, and a sense of necessary confrontation. Like his mentor, Newt Gingrich, Boehner's rhetoric is far more forceful than his actions. His instinct is to compromise with Leviathan, and therefore he is more of a "good soldier" loyal to the status quo than a change maker.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

It is all politics, he won`t do what he was elected to do. Just another politician in D.C.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    It is all politics, he won`t do what he was elected to do. Just another politician in D.C.
    Do any of them really do what they were elected to do?
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

We need a forceful speaker in the House. "Uncle Joe" Cannon comes to mind.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk."---Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez (aka "The Rat")From The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

7. I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Gee, ya think? But don't say that too loud lest he starts crying and his tears short out the filaments in his tanning bed!

This is at least the fifth increase in the debt limit that he's "ordering" his spineless caucus to bend over and accept without question since he was made Speaker. I think it might be double that number, but not sure, so I'll stick with this being at least #5. My Congress-critter, Mo Brooks, has been right there with him throughout, even though he was largely elected by the Tea Party "limited government" voters of this district. They all had parliamentary maneuvers when ObamaCare was being passed and funded for the first time in 2010, and they did nothing that took any conviction or backbone to assert. Why would anyone expect them to change now?

This falls under the category of, "Same POS, different day." Absolutely zero surprise to me.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Boehner is yet another inside the beltway career politician that knows what is good for us. They know the government is the only one that knows and can properly take care of all our needs. If the constitution gets in the way, just ignore or go around it. Corrupt the SCOTUS and life is good. So we have Obama Care. Unconstitutional bill passed by or elected representatives that never cared to read it. Held Constitutional by SCOTUS who unconstitutionally re-wrote it to make it appear Constitutional. Continually unconstitutionally changed by a president without congressional action. The voice of the people ignored. Elected representatives silent. Economy tanking and it's all Rush Limbaugh's fault. I don't know what people are upset about.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by MECHTESTER View Post
    We need a forceful speaker in the House. "Uncle Joe" Cannon comes to mind.
    These types of men do not exist anymore, and he was from Illinois, before we got Obama.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag: