Unusual Military Sightings - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unusual Military Sightings

Personally I like seeing our military moving around, since most of the ones I know can't stand Obama, maybe they are positioning themselves to aid us in protecting the constitution they swore to uphold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Personally I like seeing our military moving around, since most of the ones I know can't stand Obama, maybe they are positioning themselves to aid us in protecting the constitution they swore to uphold.
    If only...if only.
    “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Butthurt.

Sent from my NSA screened Smartphone
    No. Quite frankly, I don't care about what you think. It just pisses me off when people react without actually reading what was written.
    “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ajr2820 View Post
    No. Quite frankly, I don't care about what you think. It just pisses me off when people react without actually reading what was written.
    Don't let the internet superheroes piss u off. Aint worth it.

Sent from my NSA screened Smartphone

6. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Jacksonville Naval Air Station, Florida?
    Possibly that's what he meant, and it is large. But he specifically wrote "Jacksonville AFB" (no such base) as if to imply that he knows what he's talking about. (I haven't checked, but question whether JNAS has more C-130s than, say Hurlburt AFB, FL, about an hour away, or Pope AFB/Ft Bragg, NC, or Little Rock AFB, AR).

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Possibly that's what he meant, and it is large. But he specifically wrote "Jacksonville AFB" (no such base) as if to imply that he knows what he's talking about. (I haven't checked, but question whether JNAS has more C-130s than, say Hurlburt AFB, FL, about an hour away, or Pope AFB/Ft Bragg, NC, or Little Rock AFB, AR).
    I meant Little Rock AFB (since the post I referred to mentioned AR)...it is IN Jacksonville, AR which led to the mistake. Unlike some people (maybe you are one of them) I don't geek out over the military and try to make people feel stupid when they make a mistake regarding it...like some pimply faced dork arguing over what color undershorts Spock wore in episode 3 of Star Trek.

JAFB is on facebook. It is for the LRAFB personel. And if you want to get picky, it is NASJ for the Navy but it normally is called NAS Jax. C-130s are more common at Hurlburt Field which is part of Eglin AFB. Hurlburt is known for their bombing versions of the C-130s and other planes used for other than transport service. Like AC-130s and V-22s. C-130s are a very big part of LR AFB as it is the C-130 training base. But the AF still can't do this.

And there also is a JANGB A place I applied to work at. JANG's 125th FW is stationed at HARB most of the time. They have a single WC-130H.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

And just for a little more info on LR AFB. It is located on what used to be an ordnance plant site. The plant was called Arkansas Ordnance Plant and commonly called the Jacksonville Ordnance Plant. Jacksonville is also the location of Iver Johnson's Arms from 1983 till 1992. It also was located on the same ordnance plant area. The plant area was almost 7,000 acres in size, 10.7sq miles. While that may seem large, Crane NSWC is 10 times larger than AOP was at 100 sq miles. Area 51/Groom Lake Restricted Airspace is 575 sq miles as an example.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

As the crow flies, I am relatively close to Pensacola NAS, FL, Hurlburt Field, Eglin AFB, Ft. Benning, GA, Ft. Rucker, AL, Ft. Stewart, GA and various other military facilities from which C-130s can be flown in and out of. It always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling when I see them and, as long as I do see them, I am not going to worry. When they are no longer around, that will be the time I will worry. As it is, I sleep well hearing them fly over every night.

Rumors usually start with cousins and friends of co-workers and similarly far away people. No offense, OP, but the military moves stuff around every now and then, even tanks. You are bound to see some of that sooner or later.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast