Unusual Military Sightings - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Unusual Military Sightings

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Rumors usually start with cousins and friends of co-workers and similarly far away people. No offense, OP, but the military moves stuff around every now and then, even tanks. You are bound to see some of that sooner or later.
    That seems too logical. Where's the drama...the conspiracy? Dang I ran out of popcorn anyway.

Sent from my NSA screened Smartphone

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    As the crow flies, I am relatively close to Pensacola NAS, FL, Hurlburt Field, Eglin AFB, Ft. Benning, GA, Ft. Rucker, AL, Ft. Stewart, GA and various other military facilities from which C-130s can be flown in and out of. It always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling when I see them and, as long as I do see them, I am not going to worry. When they are no longer around, that will be the time I will worry. As it is, I sleep well hearing them fly over every night.
    It was very strange after 9/11/2001 when all but military/gov't flights were grounded. If you heard a jet, it was rare except on scrambles.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    It was very strange after 9/11/2001 when all but military/gov't flights were grounded. If you heard a jet, it was rare except on scrambles.
    Even more strange when you heard a little private plane fly over. Not many of those were allowed to fly, but more than most expect were. Most people don't realize how small, general aviation aircraft are a part of their everyday lives. For example, millions of cancelled checks are regularly moved amongst banks using general aviation aircraft. There's other stuff too. Stuff you normally don't think about.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Howdy ajr2820,

Quote Originally Posted by ajr2820 View Post
    WOW! Again, another smarta$$ that can't read! Well, it sounds like you live near Jacksonville AFB...the largest? C-130 based in the frickin' world. What part of seeing a C-130 there constitutes it being UNUSUAL? Seriously, some of you out there have the critical thought capability of a progressive democrat!
    Get a grip, dude!

I was making fun at all the tinfoil hat people like Navy Seal.

It's hard to go anywhere in the Central Arkansas area WITHOUT seeing a C-130 fly overhead.

On Sunday the Wife and I went by the LRAFB and their new C-130 display and she stated that she didn't realize that we lived so close to the airbase and said that now she knew why we saw so many C-130 around our home.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy ajr2820,

Get a grip, dude!

I was making fun at all the tinfoil hat people like Navy Seal.

It's hard to go anywhere in the Central Arkansas area WITHOUT seeing a C-130 fly overhead.

On Sunday the Wife and I went by the LRAFB and their new C-130 display and she stated that she didn't realize that we lived so close to the airbase and said that now she knew why we saw so many C-130 around our home.

Paul
    My apologies. The sarcasm was lost on me. After a few of these idiotic responses to a simple observation, I'm sure you can understand.
    “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234