Napolitano Warns: "Cyber Event" to Cripple America - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Napolitano Warns: "Cyber Event" to Cripple America

Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    Please Google "The Turner Diaries" for a free pdf. I do not like some parts of it due to the anti-Jewish tilt but it is a good read. Also, "The Killer Caravans". Being a child of the T.V. age, a baby boomer, I was raised on horror movies and books (I have a few books I show young folks when they visit). Since the 1970's oil problem I have been worried about every thing that could go wrong so Prepping was my goal, but it was termed Survivalist, also Google Kurt Saxon another interesting guy but here again anti-Jewish and I do not understand that view at all. Just some FYI.
    Another good read is "Lights Out" by David Crawford. You could at one time download the pdf for free. Don't know if it is still out there though but it's about the electric grid going down from an EMP. It's quite good. I know it is out as a paper book. I have the pdf if you can't find it on the net.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Exactly. Imagine this scenario. You get up one morning and can't connect to the internet. Happens to me every once in awhile. I check all connections and do the usual trouble-shooting. If everything checks out, I usually just wait. I've learned that after I've done all that, tech support is mostly useless anyway. But say it doesn't come back on, maybe you call someone else to see if theirs is working. But your cell phone doesn't work either. No phone, no texting. House phone, if you still have one, also doesn't work. Maybe even no TV or radio. So you walk or drive to a neighbor's house. Nothing of theirs is working either. All of a sudden, getting the word out that SHTF is a lot harder. Divide and conquer.
    As soon as that happens, all your guns should be loaded and ready to go.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    As soon as that happens, all your guns should be loaded and ready to go.
    And they are. But I'd love to know what everybody here would actually do? Sit and wait for something else to happen or what? Does everybody just go ahead and go to work? If nothing else happens, that's probably a good idea. Or it may be that "wait and see" just cost you everything.
    Here are a couple of articles from the Examiner, big on sensationalism, pretty fair for credibility. They report on liberals and conservatives both. Neither article is new, one from February, one from last year. Food for thought mostly. And something this POS in the WH would think up. Maybe this is typical for presidents to do, I don't know. But I do know if either ever came to pass, we'd be screwed.

Obama Executive Order would seize US infrastructure, citizens for nat'l defense - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Obama lays framework for purge of online opponents - National Conservative | Examiner.com
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    And they are. But I'd love to know what everybody here would actually do? Sit and wait for something else to happen or what? Does everybody just go ahead and go to work? If nothing else happens, that's probably a good idea. Or it may be that "wait and see" just cost you everything.
    Here are a couple of articles from the Examiner, big on sensationalism, pretty fair for credibility. They report on liberals and conservatives both. Neither article is new, one from February, one from last year. Food for thought mostly. And something this POS in the WH would think up. Maybe this is typical for presidents to do, I don't know. But I do know if either ever came to pass, we'd be screwed.

Obama Executive Order would seize US infrastructure, citizens for nat'l defense - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Obama lays framework for purge of online opponents - National Conservative | Examiner.com
    There are many provisions of the EO dating back to the 50s that I do not care for. His was an update of those. But with him, I'd worry that he would use them. I've been offically retired now for 8 years but the state could always pull that retirement. As can the Feds. But for that to happen, the SHTF scenario would have come true. And I'd be a real unhappy camper.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    I do also. But in a societal collapse it would take a large amount. The first thing all those unprepared people would think of is taking the basic necessities of life from those who prepared.
    This is one of the reasons that I have plenty of ammo in stock.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123