New (somewhat amusing) analogy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New (somewhat amusing) analogy.

New (somewhat amusing) analogy.

I've been watching all the interesting things going on in Colorado lately, and watching my son start 1st grade. Earlier today, a comparison popped into my head to describe the whole of the gun debate. I was amused enough to share.

Little Johnny threw a ball in class and hit Little Suzy in the face. She cried, and got a black eye. So, the teacher took away all the balls away and wouldn't let anyone in the class play with them any more! Suzy and her friends are happy about that, because they are now scared that Johnny will throw another ball and hurt them again. Some kids don't care about balls one way or the other, so they don't mind not having them. We, on the other hand, are some very angry little kids. It's NOT FAIR the teacher took our toys away! We didn't do anything wrong! Johnny's the bad one, take his toys away! Put him in time out, not us!

And hey, it isn't fair. Just because some sociopaths or otherwise mentally unstable people get their hands on a gun and do horrible, doesn't mean we did. It isn't right to punish the innocent along with the guilty. Little Johnny might not be able to play nice, but we've been following the rules for years!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

The following analogy is one I received in an email.
    After every act of terror we
    are told we shouldn't judge
    all Muslims based on the
    actions of a few.
    Isn't it time the 80 million
    gun owners in America
    get the same treatment?
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Quote Originally Posted by nontechguy View Post
    all Muslims based on the
    actions of a few.
    gun owners in America
    get the same treatment?
    Fantastic, great analogy.

Two great analogies.

But the gun grabbers don't want to be confused with facts. They just want more control, or conversely, for the citizens to have less.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

They want control because they are dictators at heart.
    NRA PATRON
    NRA trainer http://www.missouriccw.com
    Holster Maker http://www.rockingwholsters.com

7. Good one. Leftist gun grabbers don't give a steaming pile of camel dung about facts or equality. They want to disarm law-abiding citizens, and let criminals go free.

You can't fix stupid.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Good one. Leftist gun grabbers don't give a steaming pile of camel dung about facts or equality. They want to disarm law-abiding citizens, and let criminals go free.

You can't fix stupid.
    It's not about stupidity. It is a well planned attempt to turn us all into slaves of the state.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

9. Quote Originally Posted by nontechguy View Post
    all Muslims based on the
    actions of a few.
    gun owners in America
    get the same treatment?
    not trying to start an argument, but according to new stats, there are over 120 million gun owners in America

120 million? Nice.

I don't think it's ALL stupidity... for a lot of the normal people it's just a lack of information, so all they get are the "Smart" Politicians (i.e. the clever idiots who want more power by taking away our ability to defend ourselves) saying that guns are Scary and Dangerous and since they are stuck in places like California they don't have people saying "But look at this information, here's the real facts." I know my poor liberal sister was completely shocked when I showed her the truth of the Zimmerman case... She's gone from murderer who got away to completely understanding reasonable doubt (she's still reading about it and hasn't made a final decision). Plus now she's been educated on how Stand Your Ground really works and wants it clarified for people who don't get it, not removed. She's one of the few truly open-minded liberals, but if we can find and convince them, they'll do the work for us!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

If guns commit crimes, all of mine are defective. And so are all those others owned by the 120 million gun owners whose guns have never been used in a criminal manner.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast