OHIO limiting magazine capacity?

Thread: OHIO limiting magazine capacity?

1. OHIO limiting magazine capacity?

My wife said OH is working to limit capacity to 30 and no more.
    I have 150 and 40 rd magazines. we are planning to move there, so any ideas or facts you can post will help.
    Thank you

Check the HR bills in Ohio, or get onto Ohio.gov and see what is being put through the house there. I doubt anything like that would pass. Ohio and Michigan are VERY similar in CCW and weapon laws, although I havent looked into it myself, I would assume its not going to happen, but wouldnt hurt to research it yourself. Sorry I cant be of more help.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

4. I believe there is already laws on the book in Ohio that outlaw magazines over 30 rounds for all guns except for .22's. They are not illegal to own, only to use, so as long as they are not loaded in the gun you are OK.
    Analysis: Ohio's magazine capacity limit | Buckeye Firearms Association

Which is why a Ruger 10-22 with a 50 round mag is legal.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Legal to own but not to use. Ohio law defines a firearm loaded with such a magazine as an "automatic firearm".

Current law:
    (E) "Automatic firearm" means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. "Automatic firearm" also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.
    Lawriter - ORC - 2923.11 Weapons control definitions.

House Bill 191 was introduced in June to remove the above definition from the law. It's too soon to say if it will make it through the Ohio General Assembly.

Laws, Acts, and Legislation

Quote Originally Posted by rt48 View Post
    Legal to own but not to use. Ohio law defines a firearm loaded with such a magazine as an "automatic firearm".

Current law:

Lawriter - ORC - 2923.11 Weapons control definitions.

House Bill 191 was introduced in June to remove the above definition from the law. It's too soon to say if it will make it through the Ohio General Assembly.

Laws, Acts, and Legislation
    Yes and this is the only place that limits any magazine capacity. So once changed there will be no restrictions on magazine capacity in the ORC.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job