MAIG Rally fails to materialize in Columbus, Ohio. BUT!

Thread: MAIG Rally fails to materialize in Columbus, Ohio. BUT!

MAIG Rally fails to materialize in Columbus, Ohio. BUT!

MAIG rally in Columbus, Ohio fails to materialize and is reenergized into Pro-Gun Event.
    ~
    Citizens of Ohio take very personal the intervention of outsider that donít have their best interest at heart and are willing to demonstrate that publicly.
    ~
    Protest Turns Into Gun Rally In Arena District - WCMH: News, Weather, and Sports for Columbus, Ohio
    ~
    COLUMBUS, Ohio -
    What started out as a protest against Ohio Sen. Rob Portman turned into a 2nd Amendment rally in the Arena District Friday.
    ~
    A small group of people who want stricter gun legislation and increased background checks were greatly outnumbered by an opposing group.

~
    Rally For Gun Background Checks Quickly Becomes Pro-Gun Event | WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio
    ~
    COLUMBUS, Ohio - It was a rally organized by gun-control supporters, but by the end, it looked more like an NRA rally.
    ~
    "As a gun owner, I'm a responsible person and I think it's responsible to ask to have all gun owners have a background check," said Blanche Luczyk. "It's just common sense. Any responsible person who is willing to take the ownership of a gun should be willing to have that background check."
    ~
    Luczyk was one of a half dozen members of the group Mayors Against Illegal Guns who hosted the rally in the Arena District on Friday.
    ~
    But when Luczyk started her speech by telling the crowd that former President Ronald Reagan supported background checks, she was drowned out by shouts of "Germany 1933" and "Hitler."

~
    I personally was unable to make the trip to add my support and I am very thankful and appreciative of those who were able to do so and prove again that OHIO doesnít need help protecting ourselves.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

That sounds like people in our part of OHIO. An area that did not vote for 0bama while the Columbus area did.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I've seen this on two other forums but never get tired of looking at it. "What if we threw a rally and nobody came"? Except the opposition, that is.

Blog Entries
    Sweet! Good to know that the MAIG group is learning the truth. I doubt one rally will change any minds though, we (as a collective) need to keep up the good work.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it