McCain VP Pick - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain VP Pick

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Kind of like Ken Hamblin the Black Avenger once said. "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know".

Wrong. Better no devil at all. That's why I'm not voting for either Obama or McCain. Choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Wrong. Better no devil at all. That's why I'm not voting for either Obama or McCain. Choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Yes, but YOU are still voting for a President and not getting it. Bob Barr is great on those issues... that is wonderful. What YOU are not doing is considering the future of this country and the impact your vote will have on its future.

I am sorry but, anyway that you slice it, you have taken a somewhat selfish position simply to vote for a President who is clearly not going to win. The lack of your participation in helping to determine the proper direction for this country is unmercifully pitiful. The damage our country will suffer and the price it will pay if Obama makes it into office is FAR GREATER than if it were McCain. Beleive me, twenty years from now you may regret the decision to pass on voting for McCain when liberal appointed justices are stripping you of your constitutional rights. I assure you if Obama makes it into office you will be revisiting your choice (or lack of one) in 2008 at a later date.

Forget about evil, because the lesser of either is not what we are voting on in November. We will be voting on the future direction of the United States of America. Your vote will determine if we have seated Justices that will tear at the foundational fabric of this country for at least a generation or, Justices that will support and uphold our great Constitution.

So the question you should be asking on the day you vote is- "What contribution will I make for this countries future today?" The wrong question is- "Hmmmm, what is the lesser of two evils?".

Remember no flames from me, just a mature adult discussion and opinion
    Last edited by doublenutz; 09-03-2008 at 08:35 PM.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

boyzoi Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by doublenutz View Post
    Yes, but YOU are still voting for a President and not getting it. Bob Barr is great on those issues... that is wonderful. What YOU are not doing is considering the future of this country and the impact your vote will have on its future.

I am sorry but, anyway that you slice it, you have taken a somewhat selfish position simply to vote for a President who is clearly not going to win and the price our country will pay if Obama makes it into office is FAR GREATER than if it were McCain.

Forget about evil, because the lesser of either is not what we are voting on in November. We will be voting on the future direction of the United States of America. Your vote will determine if we have seated Justices that will tear at the foundational fabric of this country for at least a generation or Justices that will support and uphold our great Constitution.

So the question you should be asking on the day you vote is "What contribution will make for this countries future today?" The wrong question is- "Hmmmm, what is the lesser of two evils?".

+1

Quote Originally Posted by doublenutz View Post

I am sorry but, anyway that you slice it, you have taken a somewhat selfish position simply to vote for a President who is clearly not going to win. The lack of your participation in helping to determine the proper direction for this country is unmercifully pitiful. The damage our country will suffer and the price it will pay if Obama makes it into office is FAR GREATER than if it were McCain. Beleive me, twenty years from now you may regret the decision to pass on voting for McCain when liberal appointed justices are stripping you of your constitutional rights. I assure you if Obama makes it into office you will be revisiting your choice (or lack of one) in 2008 at a later date.

Forget about evil, because the lesser of either is not what we are voting on in November. We will be voting on the future direction of the United States of America. Your vote will determine if we have seated Justices that will tear at the foundational fabric of this country for at least a generation or, Justices that will support and uphold our great Constitution.

So the question you should be asking on the day you vote is- "What contribution will I make for this countries future today?" The wrong question is- "Hmmmm, what is the lesser of two evils?".

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but at the end of the day, my conscience will be clear. No, Barr will not win, but he is clearly more qualified on issues that are important to me than either Obama or McCain. I would never vote for someone who is unqualified, just because I dislike his opponent more. For me, qualifications are what matter most, and if that makes me selfish, so be it.

I don't like McCain either but I do like his VP pick. Anyone can vote for anyone they choose. You have that right, however, personally I'd never put money on a three legged horse in a horse race. I don't agree with McCain on everything but I know I don't agree with Hussein on anything. Knowing that one of the two will be elected and that no one else has a chance I'm going to vote for the one I agree with the most. I don't want to squander my vote and help Hussein get elected...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I don't like McCain either but I do like his VP pick. Anyone can vote for anyone they choose. You have that right, however, personally I'd never put money on a three legged horse in a horse race. I don't agree with McCain on everything but I know I don't agree with Hussein on anything. Knowing that one of the two will be elected and that no one else has a chance I'm going to vote for the one I agree with the most. I don't want to squander my vote and help Hussein get elected...
    +1 to that. ol' jonny might still have some evil views on things.. but it's pretty safe to say that either him or osama is going to be the nex president. and obama believes in change so much that he can't make up his mind on anything. at least with the vp pick of the republican party it brings back some hope for our rights as americans.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Who's to say that voting for a third party or write-in candidate is going to work toward Obama's advantage? How do we know that it won't work to McCain's advantage? The fact is, it's so close that we don't know who it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Who's to say that voting for a third party or write-in candidate is going to work toward Obama's advantage? How do we know that it won't work to McCain's advantage? The fact is, it's so close that we don't know who it will help.
    I look at history. Remember Ross Perot. People that voted for him gave us Clinton for 8 years. Don't get me wrong I don't care if anyone votes for Micky Mouse and I'll back them up for doing it. However before they vote for Mickey I'm going to try to tell them that in reality there are only two candidates that can be elected and if I was going to vote for someone else I'd just as well stay home and save my gas.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I look at history. Remember Ross Perot. People that voted for him gave us Clinton for 8 years. Don't get me wrong I don't care if anyone votes for Micky Mouse and I'll back them up for doing it. However before they vote for Mickey I'm going to try to tell them that in reality there are only two candidates that can be elected and if I was going to vote for someone else I'd just as well stay home and save my gas.

Since first voting "absentee" while on deployment, I've discovered how covenient and simple voting can be. No stamps to worry about (postage paid envelope), and no worries about getting to the polls on time. When we have the stinking city charter amendments or other issues that require "some thought", I'll have a lot of time to review my notes rather than trying to rush through the process in the voting booth.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Actually, history tells us that the effect of third parties is anomolous at best. In 1992 and 1996, the third party candidacy of Ross Perot helped Clinton, but in 2000, the candidacy of Ralph Nader helped Bush (particularly in FL, where the number of people who voted for him while believing they were voting for Gore would have been enough to put Gore over the top by several thousand). So, history isn't really as reliable an indicator of the effect of third parties on a particular major party as you make it seem.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast