Quote of the day by Senator Dianne Feinstein: - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quote of the day by Senator Dianne Feinstein:

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Twisting Feinstein?s Words on Military Vets

Senator Feinstein Said That* "All Vets Are Mentally Ill"-Fiction!

snopes.com: Senator Dianne Feinstein: 'All Vets Are Mentally Ill'?

Opsspec, I've cited three sources that say otherwise. At what point are you going to actually cite anything you post? Please provide the LA Times article for us, because I REALLY and TRULY wish to read it? If it says what you say it says, I'd tend to believe that over the citations I provided. I'd lean toward believing more of what you write if you would cite. But at this juncture, I challenge nearly everything you post since you cite nearly nothing of what you write.

I can't stand Feinstein, but I even find hard to believe she would blurt all vets are mentally ill.
    She would never say it out loud. But she'd surely think it. She has come very close on it and has said that returning vets are a danger.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

3. If we say she said it enough times, people will believe it! Just like all the excrement leftist politicians and the MSM spew about firearms! People actually believe it!
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    She would never say it out loud. But she'd surely think it. She has come very close on it and has said that returning vets are a danger.
    This is probably the closest that she comes to uttering something like those words. The bill being debated regards the ban on "assault weapons," and the only real exemption contained in it is for retired law enforcement officers to be able to own them for self defense. As Sen. Comryn points out, the fact that there is an exemption for LEO's is an indicator that even Feinstein recognizes that military style semi-autos have a role in self defense. The bill, however, does not contain an exemption for military veterans, and her explanation in this video makes it clear that she believes it is too likely that a vet suffers from PTSD - which she calls a "new phenomenon" that began with the Iraq war. Yet another display of her ignorance. Although she issues a pro forma invitation to discuss a possible re-work on the prohibition against vets being allowed to own the firearms with which they trained and fought in the military, her testimony makes it clear that she doesn't want vets to have them because they are likely suffering from PTSD and there is no way to insure that they aren't before allowing them to obtain an "assault weapon." Here is what she says, and you can watch it in the video as well:

SEN. DIANNE FEINSTEIN: If I understand this, this adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military.

The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.

So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to-- if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon.

Here is her words.
    SEN. DIANNE FEINSTEIN:

The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.
    She thinks PTSD is a new result of the Iraq War. And by her words says that all vets would have to be treated as if they had PTSD as no one who is a FFL or transferer could confirm that they weren't restricted from owning a " assault weapon".
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

FU Mam. Looking at mental illness from the inside make you think your not mental. Loser.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Here is her words.

She thinks PTSD is a new result of the Iraq War. And by her words says that all vets would have to be treated as if they had PTSD as no one who is a FFL or transferer could confirm that they weren't restricted from owning a " assault weapon".
    I believe Feinstein is still suffering from undiagnosed PTSD from the threats made against her husband all those years ago, and that she should never have been allowed to receive a CPL and purchase a gun because of it. The paranoia she exhibits is one of the many symptoms of PTSD, after all. It impairs her judgement and affects her ability to carry out her duty as a congresscritter to uphold and defend the Constitution as she swore to do. She obviously represents a danger to herself and the country, and needs to be removed from congress immediately to receive treatment. The diagnosis of PTSD should bar her from ever holding an office of public trust ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    I believe Feinstein is still suffering from undiagnosed PTSD from the threats made against her husband all those years ago, and that she should never have been allowed to receive a CPL and purchase a gun because of it. The paranoia she exhibits is one of the many symptoms of PTSD, after all. It impairs her judgement and affects her ability to carry out her duty as a congresscritter to uphold and defend the Constitution as she swore to do. She obviously represents a danger to herself and the country, and needs to be removed from congress immediately to receive treatment. The diagnosis of PTSD should bar her from ever holding an office of public trust ever again.

I don't think it was published in the LA Times. I did find this link
    The LA Times Burt Prelutsky Writes About Feinstein,Pelosi,Boxer and Waters | Steve Reports

ezkl2230 Guest
    In the final analysis, regardless of whether Feinstein ever actually said those words, the proof of her belief is the lack of an exemption for military veterans in her gun control legislation and her defense of her legislation in the testimony she provided in the video. Apparently she believes that retired LEO's are never likely to suffer from PTSD, because she apparently provided an exemption for them to be able to own military style semiautomatic firearms, while every vet, especially those who served in the military under Bush in Iraq, is a potential threat to national security.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12