“You Don’t Need Guns You Need Laws to Keep You Safe” Says Colorado Democrat - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “You Don’t Need Guns You Need Laws to Keep You Safe” Says Colorado Democrat

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JRI View Post
    I could make a remark about ignorance but keep in mind that people vote to put these people where they are.
    Exactly. And this is why I have to disagree when conservatives continue to whine that "we deserve better as a country."

No, we don't

We are getting exactly what the majority of utopians chose to saddle themselves with, and as long as they continue to feed at the federal troughs they will continue to choose the leaders they deserve. Then, one morning they are going to wake up and discover that their desire to let the government provide everything for them has bankrupted the country and enslaved them - at which point they just might finally begin to understand what we were warning them about. But by then it just might be too late.

And if some dirtbag crook chooses not to obey the law and attack me? Just tough luck on my part, I guess.

FNWylde Guest
    I like the ass-whooping she is getting here, but please send her a note directly and tell her what you think. I did.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by JRI View Post
    Did anyone else hear the part where she states that earlier in the year a County Commissioner who was a Republican and a former Marine told her he agreed with the high capacity magazine ban because he was in Vietnam and kept all his buddies safe while carrying a 5 bullet magazine????

I was in Vietnam and I don't recall ever seeing a 5 round magazine let alone anyone stupid enough to actually think he was keeping anyone safe by carrying one. The magazines I recall held 20 bullets and you carried as many of them as you could get your hands on.

I could make a remark about ignorance but keep in mind that people vote to put these people where they are.
    Yes...that was a remarkable piece of BS. My God the M1 carried a bigger load. That was perhaps the most ridiculous crap of the entire interview. It nearly knocked me out of my chair it was so funny! The other thing I have been hearing a lot is how "we" don't need 30 round magazines to go deer hunting. Can I get a show of hands...how many of the folks on this forum go deer hunting not only with a 223 but also a 30 round mag. Here in Virginia it is unlawful to hunt deer with a 223 because of the potential suffering the deer may encounter if the first round doesn't knock them down. I know "assault rifles" come in 308 and 50 cal, but I haven't heard of any 30 round mags for a 308 and certainly not a 50. Maybe she is talking about a SAW. Anyone here hunt with a SAW.

Liberals aren't expected to have any knowledge of what they speak. The main stream media will not question their facts. They only need to express how much they care.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    “You Don’t Need Guns You Need Laws to Keep You Safe” Says Colorado Democrat

by Jonathan S.

The gun control debate in Colorado is still raging on before a big recall election, and one Democrat is just stoking the fires a bit more. Colorado House Majority Leader Dickey Lee Hullinghorst recently said that guns are not needed for self-defense, saying that laws should be all we need to feel safe.

“As a woman, I have the right not to carry a gun and to feel safe on the streets, and that’s what we provide for in the state Legislature is for all of us in the state of Colorado — to feel safe on the streets without having to carry a gun,” said Mrs. Hullinghorst on “The Tim Caffrey Show.”

You can watch the full Youtube video of the interview at the end of this post. As you watch the video it should be clear that Mrs. Hullinghorst is not a gun owner and knows little about guns or how they are used to stop crime. She just spits out the same dribble we hear from the ill-informed gun control crowd on a daily basis.

How does she feel about gun owners?

“The thought that the only way we can protect ourselves is to wield our own weapon is completely absurd and an argument that I absolutely discount as frivolous,” Mrs. Hullinghorst said.

She probably doesn’t understand why cops even bother walking around with those silly guns then. I mean do they really think a gun is going to protect them? Mrs. Hullinghorst doesn’t seem to read all of the self defense stories that we report on all the time, where citizens use guns to protect themselves.

In the interview she also supports the recent CO legislation on guns that makes universal background checks mandatory and limits gun magazines to 15 rounds. So apparently my Springfield XD 9mm that holds 16 rounds is a danger to society and would be illegal in CO. Mrs. Hullinghorst used the Aurora theater shooting as an example for supporting her bill, even though background checks would not have stopped him.

Mrs. Hullinghorst also said in the interview that she doesn’t even think the legislation passed in CO was “gun control”. She prefers to call is “gun safety”. Which is yet another scheme from the gun control crowd to change terms to hide their agenda.

These comments come from the Democrat Colorado House Majority Leader as 2 Democrat senators, including the Senate President, are facing recall elections because of the backlash of the gun control bill in CO.

Watch the interview in the video below. Most of the absurd statements Mrs. Hullinghorst makes are after the 7:00 mark, in case you didn’t want to watch the entire thing.

See more at: ?You Don?t Need Guns You Need Laws to Keep You Safe? Says Colorado Democrat

Gee, what a dumb female.

Cnon

This woman is a special kind of stupid and no amount of reasoning will ever change her mind. The only way to stop people like this is to not elect them.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Most of us have seen "Scared Straight" and "Beyond Scared Straight." I think we need a version of these programs in which our legislators are brought face to face with inmates who can tell them first hand how much regard they have for gun control laws, I mean, really get in their faces. And then we need to get rid of all the armed security at the state and federal capitol buildings and replace them with gun free zone signs since they are obviously so effective. Politicians who support firearm carry would be able to carry their firearms, but no politician who supports gun control measures of any kind should be allowed access to armed personal security personnel - let them call 911 like everyone else. Police must be instructed not to give these politicians any special priority in responding to their calls; they must be treated like everyone else. To top it off, each pro gun control politician should be required to live a minimum of 4-6 weeks in a high crime area of their state, armed only with a telephone. If they are attacked, they can call 911 and then wet themselves, or blow a whistle, or throw things at their attacker, or claim to have a contagious disease and see how well those things work.

After they have gone through these exercises, let's see how committed they are to gun control.
    ^^^^^^^^
    Spot on, send it to your Representatives.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Exactly. And this is why I have to disagree when conservatives continue to whine that "we deserve better as a country."

No, we don't

We are getting exactly what the majority of utopians chose to saddle themselves with, and as long as they continue to feed at the federal troughs they will continue to choose the leaders they deserve. Then, one morning they are going to wake up and discover that their desire to let the government provide everything for them has bankrupted the country and enslaved them - at which point they just might finally begin to understand what we were warning them about. But by then it just might be too late.
    OK, You lost me on this one. The conservatives I know don't think we "deserve" a better country, they are trying to return to the Constitutional Republic that WAS a better country. The problem is that we only get one vote apiece, while the liberals that elect these morons hand out freebies for votes, vote "early and often", and as long as they keep the poor wanting will continue to have people vote for the freebies they offer.
    Chief

If laws are all that is needed, then why do we need police? Or prisons? Or a justice system period?
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast