Ignore constiuents and do what you want.

Thread: Ignore constiuents and do what you want.

President Obama Calls for Conscience Vote On Syria, Even If Public Opposed - ABC News
    ~
    President Obama today conceded that he could fail to convince the American public to back proposed U.S. military strikes against Syria, but said that members of Congress should vote to approve the action anyway.
    ~
    "It's conceivable that, at the end of the day, I don't persuade a majority of the American people that it's the right thing to do," Obama said in response to a question from ABC News during a solo press conference at the conclusion of the G20 summit in St. Petersburg, Russia.
    ~
    But, Obama said, members of Congress need to consider the lessons of World War II and their own consciences and vote 'yes' to authorize the use of force, even if it means going against the opinion of the majority of their constituents.
    ~
    Somewhere this whole do as you want has gone so terribly wrong, especially when it comes to legislators who as elected officials are supposed to be the voice for their constituents and not puppets of some administration to be played and manipulated into doing their bidding.
    ~
    We must hold our legislators to the line and make them aware they too can be replaced. I always did my job with the understanding, no one is irreplaceable.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

3. So basically when he gets the majority vote he tells the minority vote to suck it up and deal with it.
    When he doesn't get the majority vote he tells the majority vote to suck it up and deal with it.
    I'm not a lawyer so take it for what it's worth. For legal advice ask a lawyer.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Those who accept second best must learn to live with mediocrity. - pafindr

The problem with the majority of 2 time Obama voters is ignorance. Most I'm sure have never heard of Assad, Syria, or even Putin. Obama will never be held accountable for Syrian intervention or American deaths; unless it interferes with welfare payments, free phones, or the war coverage preempts the Kardashians.

Consider what lessons from WWII? Where are there any similarities with WWII and Syria? Career politicians in the end will support their financial backers. Look how many times Obama has ignored the American public and catered to his financial supporters. Don't want to upset the money train.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Nothing new with this train of thought. Obummer has been ignoring the Constitution and doing what he wants. It seems like every new administration keeps taking baby steps towards an outright dictatorship. Can't get a bill passed, that's ok. Just whip out the ole executive order pen.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

A$$hole seems to forget who Congress AND he works for.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Obama law------ when you vote in my favor then the American people are smart and know what they want and need. When you don't vote in my favor then the American people just don't understand and or are prejudice.
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

They forget for whom they work because they are so seldom held responsible for their actions. These ridiculous and even traitorous political hacks know that they can count on the stupid and ignorant voters. The low information voters are responsible for the state of the country and are too ignorant to even realize what's happening to them, their rights, and their country. The tremendous dichotomy in this country between those who serve and pay, and those who take and exploit the sacrifice and labor of others, is the major reason for the situation in which we find our country. What kind of country penalizes the industrious, the innovators, and its military heroes and rewards the indolent, the amoral, and the exploiters?