Making Way for Muslims or Athiests?

Thread: Making Way for Muslims or Athiests?

Making Way for Muslims or Athiests?

Being as it's a government department, it's not surprising. But I can't help but wonder if it would still happen with a conservative president? And of course, a majority congress.

"A Florida ministry that feeds the poor said a state agriculture department official told them they would not be allowed to receive USDA food unless they removed portraits of Christ, the Ten Commandments, a banner that read “Jesus is Lord” and stopping giving Bibles to the needy.
    “They told us they could no longer allow us to have any religious information where the USDA food is going to be,” said Kay Daly, executive director of the Christian Service Center."

"So in a spirit of Christian love and fellowship, Daly politely told the government what they could do with their cheese."

Bravo.

Florida official tells Christian charity to choose between Jesus and cheese | Fox News
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Being as it's a government department, it's not surprising. But I can't help but wonder if it would still happen with a conservative president? And of course, a majority congress.

"A Florida ministry that feeds the poor said a state agriculture department official told them they would not be allowed to receive USDA food unless they removed portraits of Christ, the Ten Commandments, a banner that read “Jesus is Lord” and stopping giving Bibles to the needy.
    “They told us they could no longer allow us to have any religious information where the USDA food is going to be,”
    said Kay Daly, executive director of the Christian Service Center."

"So in a spirit of Christian love and fellowship, Daly politely told the government what they could do with their cheese."

Bravo.

Florida official tells Christian charity to choose between Jesus and cheese | Fox News

The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. -
    Revelation 13:15-17

If that seems a bit far-fetched as being relevant to the topic, read how my friend, INVAR, with help from Todd Starnes, connects the dots:

Officials says a church charity will not be allowed to receive any USDA food unless they removed portraits of Christ, the Ten Commandments, a banner that read “Jesus is Lord” and stopping giving Bibles to the needy.

More at the link

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Yeah, that does sound a little familiar. I remember that from way back. Anyway, "Daly politely told the government what they could do with their cheese."
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Yeah, that does sound a little familiar. I remember that from way back. Anyway, "Daly politely told the government what they could do with their cheese."
    Yeah, I got that. Good for her, but my point remains. The "average" church is made up of congregants who don't have a clue that their ministry is in bed with the Devil simply by applying for and accepting tax-exempt status. Ms. Daly was aware enough to make the right decision when the Devil came for his due, or at least that was such an obvious attempt to collect his due that she saw through it, but she may still be running a "corporate" ministry. Nothing comes free, not USDA food, not tax-exempt status, not being "allowed" to minister to The People under the auspices of a nearly dead, but completely usurped and bastardized, 1st Amendment. What's left of it is controlled by the same demons who poisoned it into a coma, or at least controlled by their ideological heirs.

Christians can't serve two masters. When the government takes their cut from the collection plate, or uses it as a bargaining chip to get churches to "behave" by being exempt from their extortion, the church is corrupted. The beast is working his way in exactly as planned, and has been for so long that casual "Believers" certainly don't see it, and many wouldn't care if they did, so normalized is the concept of the corporate church. I sincerely hope Ms. Daly doesn't think that the USDA thing was the beast's only avenue of corrupting her ministry is all I'm saying.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

This is a bit of an aside, but I wanted to share with you something that our church is doing. It sees a need to offer day care services during the week to the children in our area. They have put feelers out and this is being well-received by our congregants and by the public. They are moving forward with it, but will not register their day care with the state, and as such will not get any assistance from them. The reason being, is the state can then make similar claims as the OP that the kids coming to the day care are free "from" religion and tell our church what it can and cannot say, do, etc.. Our church is going to run a Christian day care... don't like, don't bring your kid... simple.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)