Tomorrow is Patriot's Day... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomorrow is Patriot's Day...

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    patriots day? who made this crap up?
    Why is there not an "unlike" button when people say stuff like this? For over a decade it has been called Patriot Day.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    what crap

it is a day of mourning for me as I remember the many friends and colleagues who lost their lives on that day, it is a day to think about all the wives who lost husband, husbands who lost wives, children who lost parents. the people killed on that day were just like you and me, except that they were caught in a building that some morons decided to destroy because they considered it to be a symbol of the greatness of this country.
    so if you want to fool yourself with some touchy feely, hopey changey day of doing things, go ahead but those of us who were affected by this day of mass murder will not be celebrating anything.
    I live in PA, not far from the crash site. I have visited the site and I also remember the heroes on that flight that saved our capital with their own lives. I also remember the countless number of people who helped clean up the wreckage in NYC only to ruin their lives with the pollutants they breathed in only if it was to find the remains of one more person so another family could bury their loved ones. I remember the most destructive attack on US soil ever to happen claim thousands of lives. I remember how for the first time in a long time our country was united again. The unity didn't last long, unfortunately. I'm not saying it is a day to celebrate... absolutely not, but why do you think calling it Patriot Day, whether you knew that or not, for the last 11 years means a day of celebration? I wore all black today to remember and to have others remember too.

Maybe I do this because my father always used to remember Pearl Harbor Day with solemnity. In the same way, I will always remember Patriot Day.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Ohhhh....so you are one of THOSE people.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

I was there, I worked in the WTC since 1976, I watched the buildings being built, I know a good deal about the construction of the buildings and I can unequivocally state that what you posted is pure 100% BULL

7. Patriot's Day is pure marketing - Fox News is pure marketing. Everything you'll see on Patriot's Day will be pure emotional BS marketing. We must get past the fluff of the "picture" of patriotism. We, the United States of America, are under attack, not militarily, but executively, presidentially and politically by an enemy whom George Washington, John Adams, John Jay, Thomas Jefferson, Edmund Randolph, Timothy Pickering, Alexander Hamilton, Henry Knox and many others whose frost-bitten bodies and King George-government-threatened families would stand in his face and declare him despot and traitor. Yet most today are so physically comforted with entertainment at their fingertips and food in their glut toned bellies that they actually give honor to such a decoy day, invented by the very Marxists who will soon take your property and nullify your head of household. It's not Patriot's Day, it's Capitulate Day.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12