Interesting Obituary
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Obituary

Interesting Obituary

Received in my email today. Don't know if it has been around before but it is on the money.

Subject: interesting Obituary

In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the
    University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the
    Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior: "A democracy is always
    temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent
    form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until
    the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous
    gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority
    always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from
    the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally
    collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a
    dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the
    beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200
    years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
    From spiritual faith to great courage;
    From courage to liberty;
    From liberty to abundance;
    From abundance to complacency;
    From complacency to apathy;
    From apathy to dependence;
    From dependence back into bondage."
    The Obituary follows:

Born 1776, Died 2012
    It doesn't hurt to read this several times.
    Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in
    St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning
    the last Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 Romney: 29
    Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 Romney: 2,427,000
    Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million Romney: 143 million
    Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 Romney: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory
    Romney won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low
    income tenements and living off various forms of government
    welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the
    "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of
    democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population
    already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase..

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million
    criminal invaders called illegals - and they vote - then we can say
    goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

If you are in favor of this, then by all means, delete this message.

If you are not, then pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake, knowing that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom..

Oldgrunt, these are indeed interesting figures. Was there any citation where they came from or was there an author that I can look up. I'd love to be able to use these figures, but don't wish to if they are not credible.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

IMO, Prof. Olsen is being a bit too generous stating that this country is somewhere between, "complacency and apathy". We're either at the denoument of "apathy to dependence" (when a growing 40% of the population are participating members of the recipient class, they're dependent, to one degree or another) or entering the first vestiges of the bondage stage. The clouds are on the horizon as FedGov ramps up its capitulation of various police forces throughout the country with bribes of the latest military hardware and training. How this phase manifests itself will be determined by the participation of our police and military and the will and ability of the folks to actively resist.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

What does this tell us about the future of American elections? Democrats will win.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MI .45 View Post
    IMO, Prof. Olsen is being a bit too generous stating that this country is somewhere between, "complacency and apathy". We're either at the denoument of "apathy to dependence" (when a growing 40% of the population are participating members of the recipient class, they're dependent, to one degree or another) or entering the first vestiges of the bondage stage. The clouds are on the horizon as FedGov ramps up its capitulation of various police forces throughout the country with bribes of the latest military hardware and training. How this phase manifests itself will be determined by the participation of our police and military and the will and ability of the folks to actively resist.
    I think we're well into the bondage stage. At what percent of a worker's earnings being confiscated from them does it transform from paying one's "fair share" into enslavement? Irrespective of the percentages of the dependent class, when upwards of 50% of earnings are ate up by taxation, the proof exists that there is almost no limit to what "level" of slavedom Americans are willing to accept.

Obama is half black and half white, but what does almost everyone refer to him as? Black.

Is half a slave any less a slave than half a black person is wholly black?

It is a cruel master indeed that makes his slaves' chains so comfortable that they are able to work as hard as they can to keep filling his coffers while he steals 50% of the fruits of their labor, and the subterfuge is so complete that many think of themselves as "free" men and women who are working to "get ahead."

I am an American who worked hard all my life, so I don't exempt myself from anything I've said above. It's kind of an epiphany that I've had fairly recently. Then again, I only serve one Master in my mind, heart and soul, and He has seen fit to give me this earthly burden to bear, the destruction of my country before my very eyes. The struggle for me is knowing when (or if) to focus only on spiritual matters, and not fight or speak out in protest the trivialities of governments. It's not an easy internal conflict to resolve. I imagine I am not alone in these kinds of thoughts. Regardless, God made me with this innate yearning to be free. I'm not sure I get the mindset that projects patriotism and standing against tyranny as blasphemous acts.

Personally, I would welcome some thoughts on these questions. In any case, RIP America.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Oldgrunt, these are indeed interesting figures. Was there any citation where they came from or was there an author that I can look up. I'd love to be able to use these figures, but don't wish to if they are not credible.
    This was an email from a friend. Shouldn't be hard to Google.

Words well worth passing on.I'm working on trying to find more.about this myself.would love to read more

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I think we're well into the bondage stage. At what percent of a worker's earnings being confiscated from them does it transform from paying one's "fair share" into enslavement? Irrespective of the percentages of the dependent class, when upwards of 50% of earnings are ate up by taxation, the proof exists that there is almost no limit to what "level" of slavedom Americans are willing to accept.

Obama is half black and half white, but what does almost everyone refer to him as? Black.

Is half a slave any less a slave than half a black person is wholly black?

It is a cruel master indeed that makes his slaves' chains so comfortable that they are able to work as hard as they can to keep filling his coffers while he steals 50% of the fruits of their labor, and the subterfuge is so complete that many think of themselves as "free" men and women who are working to "get ahead."

I am an American who worked hard all my life, so I don't exempt myself from anything I've said above. It's kind of an epiphany that I've had fairly recently. Then again, I only serve one Master in my mind, heart and soul, and He has seen fit to give me this earthly burden to bear, the destruction of my country before my very eyes. The struggle for me is knowing when (or if) to focus only on spiritual matters, and not fight or speak out in protest the trivialities of governments. It's not an easy internal conflict to resolve. I imagine I am not alone in these kinds of thoughts. Regardless, God made me with this innate yearning to be free. I'm not sure I get the mindset that projects patriotism and standing against tyranny as blasphemous acts.

Personally, I would welcome some thoughts on these questions. In any case, RIP America.

Blues
    Two scripture lessons that are difficult for me when I see the governmental "leadership" happening in this country as you have described above are these:

Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

and 1 Tim 2: 1-3
    First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Two scripture lessons that are difficult for me when I see the governmental "leadership" happening in this country as you have described above are these:

Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

and 1 Tim 2: 1-3
    First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior
    On the Romans 13 thing, take a listen to the first three (of four videos) in this Playlist and see if it speaks Truth to you. It does to me.

The fourth video is also about Romans 13, but it combines as much earthly political considerations as scriptural. The three-part series only addresses Scripture.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Governments reflect the culture and when one is in decline the other soon follows. The progressives in this country have been working for more than a century to destroy the religious and therefore the firm moral basis which allowed this country to develop. The moral relativism of the sixties and the removal of all religion from the public square are the cancer that's destroying us. The entertainment industry, political correctness, and the destruction of values in the name of fairness have left us with no reason for our continued existence.

This decline in values is fortunately not equally distributed throughout the nation. I think that this country might possibly break up as the old Soviet Union did. Most of the red states still are capable and most likely will carry on with the moral traditions and values which once propelled this country to greatness. The perpetually blue states will continue their decline into poverty, a vacuum of moral depravity, and third world status. We will also see a further exodus of the productive citizens who still retain some of the traditional values once dominant in this country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast