Is your patriotism born of substance or fluff?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your patriotism born of substance or fluff?

1. Is your patriotism born of substance or fluff?

At first the country twang songs of patriotism grips your heart, the red, white and blue bumper stickers makes you smile, honk the horn and wave the flag. But then you find that the singers of those songs are shallow, uneducated in American history – certainly to the basics of a republic and likely in search of a niche in music to sell themselves – patriotic music happened to be it. You see them interviewed and it's clear that they're like most entertainers, lost in themselves, their money and fame. Patriotic bumper stickers and flags are found to be like the word "hero," overused and rendered nearly meaningless. A little more observation reveals that the "peddlers of patriotism" also found their niche but without it could as easily sell used cars – shallow, undiscerning, children of the Republican establishment. But, by emotional jingoism, they are skilled in lightening your wallet and inducting you into the "Canned Patriot Club."

At first Fox News was a breath of fresh air giving quiet conservatives a feeling that this country could be turned back to a day of common sense – that the media had hope of being respectable. But soon you realize that the network's numbing obsession to have opposing viewpoints for the sake of maintaining its fair and balanced mantra makes it suspect. Does everything have to resemble a sports event? Fox News' comradely with political consultant, Karl Rove, a GOP neocon, should raise more suspicion. Rove's deceitfulness in the early 70s Alan Dixon campaign should have banned him from all future political careers but like roaches, some survive anything. Fox News is a political placebo repressing the healing medicine of the Constitution while selling us dumb blondes with teleprompters and earpieces as news analysts. Much more can be said of Fox News' tepid conservative slant which seems more to exist as a book-selling launching pad for its correspondents and anchors than a true defender of the American Republic.

Bumper stickers and flag waiving patriotism is exactly the lukewarm mindset where the Marxist enemy wants its opposition to be because it knows that they [the conservatives] won't go further. The enemy wants the conservatives to think they can vote their way to political success in 2016 and that "happy days" will be here again. The patriot of substance, however, realizes how far this country has sunk and that it cannot all be blamed on Obama and his Marxist administration. Americans of all political, religious, and ethnical roots became complacent to the course of the country – dumb to the basics of what a republic is all about, ignorant to the contents of the US Constitution, oblivious to the history and names and places of Marxism and its subtlety into a society.

Americans, like the Romans, became infatuated with sports and entertainment while their government heaped upon them more laws, so voluminous to make them incomprehensible, and a rope around the citizens' necks at the governments' choosing. Americans allowed their nation to fall to the globalists and bankers by agreeing to be debtor-sheep; Americans' voracity for things, junk, entertainment, consumption, and all that the super stores sell. Americans became fat, unhealthy in mind and body, permissive parents, godless, faithless and sheep to the medical industry in the same dependency that they now cling to substance-less patriotism. Americans opened the door to their own demise.
    Last edited by MossyHead; 09-20-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: sp
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

I served 6 years in the military in the late 50s and early 60s and I am a patriot. If I was young again I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. There are millions of patriots in this great country, they are not saying look at me because I have served, or going to serve.

My patriotism is grounded in the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution, and with those men and women who took an oath to defend, protect, and uphold the Constitution with their life if need be. I don't need a bumper sticker or a jingle or some talking head on the TV to let me know what patriotism is.

Are you questioning yours with this post? I'm a bit confused.
    Last edited by wolf_fire; 09-15-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: forgot question mark after the word "post"
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

5. Your reply doesn't address anything said in the post except to make my point, a shallow and thoughtless patriotism.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    I served 6 years in the military in the late 50s and early 60s and I am a patriot. If I was young again I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. There are millions of patriots in this great country, they are not saying look at me because I have served, or going to serve.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

I never Served , but i am grateful to those who have and do. I cry every 911, My throat lumps up on Memorial Day. I stress over our current condition.
    This video gives some solace. I have hope for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MossyHead View Post
    Your reply doesn't address anything said in the post except to make my point, a shallow and thoughtless patriotism.
    Gee, I speak with a country twang, listen to some country music, don't have bumper stickers or flags waving all over the place. I don't consider myself to have a lukewarm mindset which places me in a position where I would go no further as the conservatives to which you allude. My patriotism has never been thoughtless, just instilled by a love for my country. I am far from being complacent and hung up on sports and entertainment and have been as much involved in trying to make things as much better as I possibly can. I have not deluded myself as to what has happened to our country because of politics. ALL politicians of the past and present have been complicit in the downfall of the country. Your diatribe comes across as typical left wing nonsense and you seem to esteem yourself as being the only "patriot of substance." You accuse Americans of being "complacent to the course of the country - dumb to the basics of what a republic is all about, ignorant to the contents of the US Constitution, oblivious to the history and names and places of Marxism and its subtlety into a society." Are you so arrogant as to think that you are the only one in our society who has received an education and can discuss these things with as much rationality as you? From what you have written, I can not envision you as being a "patriot of substance" and, from the way you refer to Americans, I seriously question your nationality. I imagine several others are of the same opinion.

I'm thinking you should probably get a little perspective and be grateful for patriotic fluff rather than casual indifference or downright antagonism.

9. lol, read more than the title before you reply and you'll get the answer to your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    My patriotism is grounded in the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution, and with those men and women who took an oath to defend, protect, and uphold the Constitution with their life if need be. I don't need a bumper sticker or a jingle or some talking head on the TV to let me know what patriotism is.

Are you questioning yours with this post? I'm a bit confused.

10. lol, looks like it got to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Gee, I speak with a country twang, listen to some country music, don't have bumper stickers or flags waving all over the place. I don't consider myself to have a lukewarm mindset which places me in a position where I would go no further as the conservatives to which you allude. My patriotism has never been thoughtless, just instilled by a love for my country. I am far from being complacent and hung up on sports and entertainment and have been as much involved in trying to make things as much better as I possibly can. I have not deluded myself as to what has happened to our country because of politics. ALL politicians of the past and present have been complicit in the downfall of the country. Your diatribe comes across as typical left wing nonsense and you seem to esteem yourself as being the only "patriot of substance." You accuse Americans of being "complacent to the course of the country - dumb to the basics of what a republic is all about, ignorant to the contents of the US Constitution, oblivious to the history and names and places of Marxism and its subtlety into a society." Are you so arrogant as to think that you are the only one in our society who has received an education and can discuss these things with as much rationality as you? From what you have written, I can not envision you as being a "patriot of substance" and, from the way you refer to Americans, I seriously question your nationality. I imagine several others are of the same opinion.

11. lol, looks like it got to you

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I'm thinking you should probably get a little perspective and be grateful for patriotic fluff rather than casual indifference or downright antagonism.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast