"Raid" in Alaskan mining town

Thread: "Raid" in Alaskan mining town

"Raid" in Alaskan mining town

Really? The EPA? A practice run for something else?

"A spokesman for the federal Environmental Protection Agency did not deny that agents wore body armor and carried guns, but said it was not a "raid.""

Gold miners in remote Alaska town want answers after task force storms in | Fox News
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

There were 10 ABC organizations listed in that article that conducted, let's call it, the investigation.

If there are only 17 residents, and let's say 2 people from each of the ABC organizations came by, that's more para-military LE than there are citizens in that town. Not a raid they say? Then shall we call it the annexing of the town? Sounds almost like what Hitler did to Poland in 1939. Oh, not as bad, Poland had more citizenry than Hitler brought forces.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

That's kind of what worries me. It doesn't say how many agents there were, but even if there was only one per agency, it's still overkill. How many would they have sent if the town had 100 citizens? Or 10,000?
    The EPA has run unannounced "visits" on feed yards around here looking for violations. If they are armed (or armored), it's not obvious. Nor have they ever arrested anybody even when there are numerous violations. And it's usually no more than a couple of agents. What made their "visit" in Alaska any different? I'm with their Senators, I'd want some answers.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

This is the way things are in this country now, the feds are totally out of control. They simply believe that they can treat the serfs (us) any way that they want.

The people in charge of the operation should be charged with a crime and face charges in court. All the rest of the people involved should face a charge of obeying an illegal order.

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    The people in charge of the operation should be charged with a crime and face charges in court. All the rest of the people involved should face a charge of obeying an illegal order.
    Maybe if these buffoons could face charges for felonious raids this might end. The EPA is a perfect example of a government agency over stepping their job. I wish the EPA was trying to clean up the scum in the Chicago streets.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    What "crime" should they be charged with?

Name the specific CFR that you are "claiming" they violated.

Also name the specific CFR that you would charge everyone else with for following a, in your words, an "illegal order".

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

The Constitution was established as a means of limiting government. The action taken here was a gross overstepping of government. While no specific law may actually have been broken Sten, the real question is how do we keep from being overrun by federal agents in our towns?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

The EPA passes rules that the liberal environmentalist tree huggers think make " common sense ". Like one that says that sugar cane growers cannot pump water off of their fields unless it is cleaner than the rain water that fell there.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

There have been several raids recently of this type. Gibson Guitar was raided for using a protected species of wood with same Gestapo like tactics. Strange, because the only difference between Gibson and its competitors is that Gibson's owners contributed to Republicans. A FDA swat team raided an Amish farm in PA for selling unpasteurized milk. We all know how dangerous the Amish are.

Why is it that over 70 federal, alphabet agencies need to be heavily armed and have swat teams. Could this be the civilian army that Obama wanted? Perhaps it is that many in these federal agencies have no allegiance to the Constitution and are completely deficient when it comes to honor and honesty. And like Obama they lied when they took their oaths of allegiance. It also seems to be a strange situation that the military is unarmed on bases within the U.S.This would be a perfect situation where the federal agents could be used in a martial law situation to subjugate the American people. Perhaps Obama doesn't trust the military to follow an unlawful order.

I know this all sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory. But when one considers the loss of liberty and the disregard for the Constitution in the last few years; it doesn't seem to be an impossibility. If this administration doesn't like conspiracy theories; perhaps they should stop behaving in a conspiratorial manner. Their lies keep getting bigger and there's far less transparency.