US Military & Law Enforcement - reconsider - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: US Military & Law Enforcement - reconsider

  1. lol, Rhino. Are you in pain? Maybe too much coffee.
    Well I read all of this but can't respond to all of it except to say I'm thankful to never have been in the military or law enforcement - avoidance of the two has its benefits. Do you think you're superior because you served?
    btw, do you want me to send you a message after I post so you can respond quicker? be glad to, I'll be posting a lot! I love free speech and this USA Carry is great!
    lol, try some magnolia bark, not habit-forming and has a calming effect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    You could have easily stated the entire concept by simply saying you're an isolationist, but there is nothing new about that concept, especially here. The only novel nuance, and it isn't all that new either, is that you expect the military to illegally accomplish what you haven't been able to do at the ballot box. It's very much akin to what judges do when they legislate from the bench or what activists try to do with lawsuits when they can't get their legislative agenda passed. There is nothing unconstitutional about what the military is doing and there aren't any lies being propagated about Al Qaeda. You just don't want us involved in foreign military actions so you think military members should be your weapon to force your viewpoint with because you can't get your isolationist political agenda passed via electoral process. Sorry, but what you seem to be suggesting IS unconstitutional, and it isn't to alleviate an unconstitutional situation as you claim. The constitution doesn't address when or why we may get involved in foreign military conflict.
    .
    Police departments similarly don't get to choose the laws they enforce. If you don't like those laws, you vote to get them changed. You don't advocate they ignore the law or stage a mini coup in their jurisdiction. Again, you don't advocate defiance of the law when you efforts to change things at the ballot box fail. That's what those "Marxists" you keep talking about do, and THAT is what's unconstitutional.
    .
    From your statements, I find it likely you've never served in the military. The overwhelming majority of those in the military are far more aware of what's in the Constitution and patriotism than the the general population is, and they very much understand what it means. You on the other hand exhibit an extreme lack of awareness about our military and the so called 'military industrial complex'. That phrase itself is an invention of the leftist globalists that you decry, and it's perpetuated by our left leaning media and Hollywood. You're a victim of leftist hype.
    .
    Want to change the direction of this country? State your political and ideological goals and promote them whenever you can, just as you attempted to do here. Vote in every election possible, but only once (you aren't a liberal). Assist in campaigns for those that support your own political ideals if you can. I may not entirely agree with your political agenda but I very much agree with your choice to fight for what you believe in. There is an extreme lack of people in this country that are willing to even find out the actual facts in an election, much less put forth some effort to fight for their position. You are to be commended for your efforts in that regard at least, no matter what your beliefs are. But don't suggest that the military and police should be ignoring or defying their orders or the law, or that their orders are unconstitutional when that isn't the case. And if you're implying that they should resist such orders, then YOU'RE the one who is being unconstitutional.
    .
    And on a personal note, having had my father killed in action, and after serving 20 years in the military myself, I'll match my patriotism and understanding of the Constitution to yours any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by MossyHead View Post
    lol, Rhino. Are you in pain? Maybe too much coffee.
    Well I read all of this but can't respond to all of it except to say I'm thankful to never have been in the military or law enforcement - avoidance of the two has its benefits. Do you think you're superior because you served?
    btw, do you want me to send you a message after I post so you can respond quicker? be glad to, I'll be posting a lot! I love free speech and this USA Carry is great!
    lol, try some magnolia bark, not habit-forming and has a calming effect
    Another immature newbie who's in love with himself. You aren't going to be the one laughing here.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  4. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837

    US Military & Law Enforcement - reconsider

    Quote Originally Posted by MossyHead View Post
    I'll be posting a lot! I love free speech and this USA Carry is great!
    In going to go out on a limb here and say that with your attitude, you quite possibly won't be here long.
    Just so you know, you have no right to free speech here. You are subject to the rules of the USACarry Forum, as we all are so I hope you read them... You are expected to follow them.


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  5. lol, I've dealt with you guys a lot of years and ain't impressed. I was a radio tech in Milwaukee years ago working with a crew of seven others, all vets, I wasn't. That's when I learned that the military compartmentalizes jobs to an elementary level - took about three of you to accomplish what one private sector tech could troubleshoot and repair in the same time. I was promoted to lead tech and left those guys [you guys] in the dust, pay-wise. I'm retired now and have all day to harass you all, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Another immature newbie who's in love with himself. You aren't going to be the one laughing here.
    Last edited by MossyHead; 09-16-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: sp
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  6. lol, you vets are real sensitive - read my reply to Rhino regarding the private sector vs government employees. Report me, please. Hopefully the admin will read all and make a good decision. If not, then your grouping on me to squelch speech says everything about you - things I already knew but many are still intimidated by ya all.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    In going to go out on a limb here and say that with your attitude, you quite possibly won't be here long.
    Just so you know, you have no right to free speech here. You are subject to the rules of the USACarry Forum, as we all are so I hope you read them... You are expected to follow them.


    Sent from behind enemy lines.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by MossyHead View Post
    lol, I've dealt with you guys a lot of years and ain't impressed.
    The feeling is most definitely mutual. You aren't impressing anyone here. You seem to be having a good time impressing yourself though, but apparently that's not difficult to do at all.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by MossyHead View Post
    lol, I've dealt with you guys a lot of years and ain't impressed. I was a radio tech in Milwaukee years ago working with a crew of seven others, all vets, I wasn't. That's when I learned that the military compartmentalizes jobs to an elementary level - took about three of you to accomplish what one private sector tech could troubleshoot and repair in the same time. I was promoted to lead tech and left those guys [you guys] in the dust, pay-wise. I'm retired now and have all day to harass you all, lol.
    I don't know where you got that idea because as a private contractor, you wouldn't have even been allowed in some places dad was cleared for. And he and his group of Navy personnel had the unit/personal commendations to show they didn't need outside help to solve some of the US's security needs when it came to communications. And got the jobs done in very short periods of time. Because our country deserved the best it could get out of them and they gave it. So come down off your high horse as you may just have had some of the lowest performers in your group.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  9. school with you guys, some things never change, lol, see if you can get some more of ya all to chime in
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    The feeling is most definitely mutual. You aren't impressing anyone here. You seem to be having a good time impressing yourself though, but apparently that's not difficult to do at all.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  10. Not an idea, a multi-year employment with radio (wireless techs) and the trend hasn't changed. I finally retired from AT&T and the same good 'ol boy Vet scenario still reigns. It takes at least three vets to accomplish the same technical requirements per hour as a given private sector technician in the wireless-telecom industry - everybody in the industry knows this and is under the same minority-type hush that the diversity crowd enjoys in Fortune 500 companies and of course, the Post Office. You guys are the epitome of socialism - you ain't that qualified and everybody knows it but nobody holds it against you - you're like any other minority status, you're shoe'ed in at taxpayers' expense - it's not really your fault because you didn't create the circumstances - but the private sector is a bit annoyed because ya'all don't have any humility and think you actually earned special status.
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    I don't know where you got that idea because as a private contractor, you wouldn't have even been allowed in some places dad was cleared for. And he and his group of Navy personnel had the unit/personal commendations to show they didn't need outside help to solve some of the US's security needs when it came to communications. And got the jobs done in very short periods of time. Because our country deserved the best it could get out of them and they gave it. So come down off your high horse as you may just have had some of the lowest performers in your group.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  11. One more thing, if I may - I retired from AT&T Wireless HQ management in Atlanta and maintain more than 300 professional engineering contacts through Linkedin. If it's possible to coordinate a bet with you using controlled conditions arranged through attorneys, I'd like to challenge three vets of your choosing with electronic backgrounds against three private sector electronic techs to a written test comparable to the average skills and experience of all participants and we will win over you to an embarassing extent. All that's left is amount agreed-upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    I don't know where you got that idea because as a private contractor, you wouldn't have even been allowed in some places dad was cleared for. And he and his group of Navy personnel had the unit/personal commendations to show they didn't need outside help to solve some of the US's security needs when it came to communications. And got the jobs done in very short periods of time. Because our country deserved the best it could get out of them and they gave it. So come down off your high horse as you may just have had some of the lowest performers in your group.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast