Active Shooter in DC Ship Yard. - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter in DC Ship Yard.

The shooter was Navy Reserve but never deployed according to the news report. The liberals tell us strict gun laws and the police will make us safe. Really, let's see Ar15, illegal in DC. Stolen ID, I believe that's illegal. Personal firearms on military base, I believe that's illegal. Shot his way into the building, I believe that's also illegal. Murder, I know we have laws that make that illegal. The police, why they where there within about five minutes. Yea, I fell safe.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    As well if he was a Muslim convert.
    I'm wondering about his sexual preference? Cause if he is also gay then it will be move along nothing to see here.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Looks like he got all his weapons except for the shotgun... from the COPS...
    http://bearingarms.com/nbc-washingto...s-he-ambushed/

13 Dead, 14 Wounded in Shooting at D.C. Navy Yard, Including Gunman | NBC4 Washington

"Multiple weapons

Survellance video shows the gunman entered the NAVSEA building, at 1336 Isaac Hull Ave., with a shotgun, law enforcement officials told News4's Jackie Bensen.

He shot a security officer in the head, killing him, and took the officer's 9 mm pistol and a magazine of ammunition. The shooter then continued through the building and seemed to target his victims, who were mostly on the third and fourth floors, Bensen reported.

D.C.'s Metropolitan Police Department and several other law enforcement agencies responded with active shooter teams.

During that response, a MPD officer was shot in the leg. The gunman was then shot by a FBI hostage response team, law enforcement sources told Bensen.

“The response by uniformed police officers from both the Metropolitan Police Department and United States Park Police was absolutely nothing short of heroic,” Lanier said.

Authorities are investigating whether the gunman took the D.C. police officers' rifle."
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    The shooters, at least two of them, are both black, at least one was a vet, looking for the second shooter.

A "shelter in place" order was issued to Navy personnel this morning, meaning that the DHS active shooter guidelines were in place.

To review,

Attachment 10365

Throw things at them as a last resort, but for heaven's sake don't let our trained military personnel defend themselves by using any weapons they may have been issued! There is something very wrong when even our own military personnel are not permitted to defend themselves on a military reservation, but must wait for law enforcement to save their bacon.
    There are far more civilians on this base than military. It would be nice if civilians were allowed to protect themselves as well by using deadly force. Many civilians have just as much training, and sometimes even more, as military personnel do.

What was the Yards Security doing? Why did the local police and parks department need to be called to handle the shooter? Is our Military bases so unsecured that anyone with a shotgun can gain entry?

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Remember, many places are protected by DOD rentacops, not military guys and gals. And many places the military guys and gals are unarmed even on guard duty.
    My point exactly, Base Security/Police by civilians are counter productive to TRUELY securing a Base/Post. ALL bases are Federal Property, Active Duty can, if trained, to Protect and Defend. Liberals moved in with the unions and now we cannot protect a Military base using Military people within the US. WTFO............
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Military members aren't allowed to carry weapons stateside and at most peacetime overseas installations unless it's as part of some type of training activity they're participating in at that particular moment. And unless that training involves actual shooting, such as marksmanship training, they aren't issued ammunition for those firearms. Even military members with concealed carry licenses can't carry their firearms on military installations, and most often can't even legally possess a firearm on those installations. The men and women we trust to defend this nation and our freedom with their very lives aren't considered trustworthy enough to have the same rights that citizens with concealed carry licenses have, or sometimes even the rights of a common citizen to simply possess a firearm. In almost all instances the only armed personnel you'll see armed on a military installation will be rent-a-cops or military police/security forces/shore patrol. And just as with civilian law enforcement, they can't be in all places at all times to prevent such tragedies as this one. Military installations are actually a softer target than the local mall, because somebody with a concealed carry license might be able to take down an active shooter at a mall when the shooter doesn't expect it. Not so at military installations.
    Pls see my last post to S&W.
    In the 80's I served as Duty Master at Arms at Weapons Station Yorktown, VA. I had CO authorized letter of lethal authority to preform by duties as needed. NOT many had this authorization BUT training and certification enabled me to preform these duties. We also had SAT and BAF Teams to respond (US Marines) if needed for any incursion upon WEPSTA property. Where the hell has all that gone to? If your the CO of any Military Command the first order of business is to assess your threat level to your command and guard against any attack to that command. Apparently for the last two decade or so, their first priority is to assess your business P&L and against the budget according to the DOD's appropriations.
    -
    Really, we can die for the belief in God and Country but we can't engage if there's no money in the budget. Who in the hell came up with this?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

9. Today on the news it was said that police in (i believe it was) Rhode Island notifird tha Navy that the shooter was "hearing voices". The VA did not act on this. He was allowed access to the Naval yard, where he perpetrated this crime. Two thoughts, (1) is the Left so intent on gun control that it blatantly ignores warning signs and allows some of these sick people to do these acts to incense the public? (2) given his known history of incidents with improper firearms use, it is my best guess he shouldnt have had that weapon to begin with...laws in place should be enforced before addin new laws that penalize law abiding citizens.

Active Shooter in DC Ship Yard.

When I get back home tomorrow will try to touch on this little better so far what has the agenda media thrown at us--- he was from Texas( nope he from New York) for some reason kept saying he was white(maybe hoping he was a tea party person?) nope not white and a Obama supporter,that was stated on talk radio by a friend of his. Killed everyone with the dreaded AR15(here comes something for the anti gun groupies) but oops it was a shogun and a side arm they think he took from a guard. There is more but need bigger screen. No one ever holds these goons responsible for there actions yet so many people in this country go by what they report. I just don't get it
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

Quote Originally Posted by 3gunshooter View Post
    This might start the panic buying again if they start talking more gun control.
    Counting on it. Would almost bet that inventories started clearing out yesterday with online sales.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast