Active Shooter in DC Ship Yard. - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Active Shooter in DC Ship Yard.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Repeal DOD Directive 5210.56, enacted in 1992 by Donald J. Atwood, deputy secretary of defense under President George H.W. Bush. This is the directive that essentially designates military bases as gun free zones.

Let our military personnel do what they are trained to do - terminate threats with extreme prejudice!
    Last sentence states it all "DoD Components have the discretion to keep designated staff personnel qualified and available or on call to perform duties." That gives all the authority needed to fully arm and defend so designated areas with A/D personal. NOW.....Who above in a appointed position by the Pres. can manipulate and direct this is the question. "By Discretion of the Commander in Chief"
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Repeal DOD Directive 5210.56, enacted in 1992 by Donald J. Atwood, deputy secretary of defense under President George H.W. Bush. This is the directive that essentially designates military bases as gun free zones.

Let our military personnel do what they are trained to do - terminate threats with extreme prejudice!
    Boy how times have changed. Back in the mid-50s dad carried either a loaded 1911 or a loaded 1903A3 while doing comm work on Guam. And later, had a 1911 within arms reach inside the buildings or ships compartments where he worked. But it did cost the Navy a yearly cost to keep people like him qualified every year and you know that bean counters have a way of cutting things that may be essential.

And as for Ringo's no ammo comment, that happened during the Vietnam war in places like DaNang. AF guys would be issued M-16s for in case of attack, but no ammo.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Pls see my last post to S&W.
    In the 80's I served as Duty Master at Arms at Weapons Station Yorktown, VA. I had CO authorized letter of lethal authority to preform by duties as needed. NOT many had this authorization BUT training and certification enabled me to preform these duties. We also had SAT and BAF Teams to respond (US Marines) if needed for any incursion upon WEPSTA property. Where the hell has all that gone to? If your the CO of any Military Command the first order of business is to assess your threat level to your command and guard against any attack to that command. Apparently for the last two decade or so, their first priority is to assess your business P&L and against the budget according to the DOD's appropriations.
    -
    Really, we can die for the belief in God and Country but we can't engage if there's no money in the budget. Who in the hell came up with this?
    The military answers to the executive branch, and to politicians in general. Need I say more?
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    If Obama had a son, he would look like Alexis, only instead of being a Muslim, he'd be a Buddhist. Still not a Christian. I'm sure Obama is mourning his death as much as he mourned Trayvon's, which is to say, not at all. Doubt he'll get any political mileage out of this "good boy's" death though. Thank goodness for small favors.
    But he'll be on MAIG's list of victims of gun violence.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Last sentence states it all "DoD Components have the discretion to keep designated staff personnel qualified and available or on call to perform duties." That gives all the authority needed to fully arm and defend so designated areas with A/D personal. NOW.....Who above in a appointed position by the Pres. can manipulate and direct this is the question. "By Discretion of the Commander in Chief"
    5210.56 doesn't make military installations into gun free zones. 5210.56 only applies to the carrying of guns for official duty purposes, and specifically for law enforcement or other such duties. It implements what's in Title 10, Section 1585 of the United States Code (USC), which simply says, "Under regulations to be prescribed by the Secretary of Defense, civilian officers and employees of the Department of Defense may carry firearms or other appropriate weapons while assigned investigative duties or such other duties as the Secretary may prescribe." 5210.56 is that "regulations to be prescribed" in the USC. It isn't intended to address the defense of military installations against attack and it has nothing to do with the possession or carry of firearms off duty or by non-military personnel on military installations, which is the only likely scenario that might have any chance of affecting such active shooter scenarios. I think military installations should at the very least honor the concealed carry laws of the state they're located in. Of course that wouldn't have helped any in DC. It would be even better if there was a nationwide carry policy for military installations that wasn't subject to state restrictions, but it might be difficult to implement such a policy in places where you may not be allowed to carry your firearm from your home in order to get to a military installation where you ARE allowed to carry it. Of course, national carry would solve all that, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    But he'll be on MAIG's list of victims of gun violence.
    And Bloomy will be praising him like the Boston bombers.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456