The PTSD scam - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The PTSD scam

Agreed, blocked...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

I had a nineteen year old medic in my company in Vietnam. Out on an operation, he lost both legs to a mine. He bandaged one stump while others bandaged his other stump. He refused morphine and stayed awake while being medevaced to a Naval Hospital. I later went to see him and he seemed to be dealing with his injuries well enough and would try to joke about the government giving him some new legs. He was sent home and did receive his legs but, the grievous injuries he received at such a young age tormented him. He suffered from PTSD to such an extent, he committed suicide before his 30th birthday. He was not tormented by guilt over unjustified killings, he didn't even carry a weapon. I received a replacement medic at 5 PM and he went straight to the field and, by 5 PM the next day, he was dead, having been shot in the back of the head while attending another wounded soldier. This medic didn't carry a weapon either, they were conscientious objectors. They wouldn't kill anyone but they at least served. Mossy Head seems to want to denigrate people like them and others who served in the military. He is totally unqualified to even venture an opinion about anything to do with the military. His comments about the illegitimacy of wars and "unjustified" killings being the cause of the problems faced by the military is something he has pulled from the darkest recesses of his anal cavity. I could be wrong but, if his theories had any validity, he would be doing something other than sitting behind a keyboard and being a troll.

Attachment 10374

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I am officially calling out Mossyhead as a troll. The last three posts I have seen him start have been anti-military, and by his own admission he has an utter disdain for those who have served. I haven't blocked anyone on this forum before, because I usually want to be able to refute unfounded claims or offer contradicting opinions.
    -
    Mossyhead, I have spent 25 years supporting and defending your right to voice your opinion; I have not read one item that makes me actually want to listen to it. You have nothing of value to add for me in this forum.
    And, Whodat, he is EXACTLY the reason we need a national draft. For men AND women. I'm willing to place a small wager that many, if not most of the Vietnam vets on this forum were drafted. We did our duty. Of course, "duty" seems to be a foreign concept anymore. People like the OP expect others to get THEIR hands dirty because military service is beneath them. Even though they have no idea what military service actually entails!
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

People who were never served in the military do not know the kinship that happens when you work, live and play with other guys for a long stretch of time. They seem to want to ridicule and make fun of those of us who did serve.

Perhaps it is guilt that causes them to look down their noses and sneer at us??

6. You're going to get vets who claim they were fighting for aholes like mossyhead & his rights to express his opinion but speaking for me & the rest of my recon team him & his rights never entered our minds, we were fighting to keep our azzes in one piece and trying to make it home.
    How do you brainwash a liberal? Simple, give him an enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I had a nineteen year old medic in my company in Vietnam. Out on an operation, he lost both legs to a mine. He bandaged one stump while others bandaged his other stump. He refused morphine and stayed awake while being medevaced to a Naval Hospital. I later went to see him and he seemed to be dealing with his injuries well enough and would try to joke about the government giving him some new legs. He was sent home and did receive his legs but, the grievous injuries he received at such a young age tormented him. He suffered from PTSD to such an extent, he committed suicide before his 30th birthday. He was not tormented by guilt over unjustified killings, he didn't even carry a weapon. I received a replacement medic at 5 PM and he went straight to the field and, by 5 PM the next day, he was dead, having been shot in the back of the head while attending another wounded soldier. This medic didn't carry a weapon either, they were conscientious objectors. They wouldn't kill anyone but they at least served. Mossy Head seems to want to denigrate people like them and others who served in the military. He is totally unqualified to even venture an opinion about anything to do with the military. His comments about the illegitimacy of wars and "unjustified" killings being the cause of the problems faced by the military is something he has pulled from the darkest recesses of his anal cavity. I could be wrong but, if his theories had any validity, he would be doing something other than sitting behind a keyboard and being a troll.

Attachment 10374
    Amen, Brother!
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by old skool View Post
    You're going to get vets who claim they were fighting for aholes like mossyhead & his rights to express his opinion but speaking for me & the rest of my recon team him & his rights never entered our minds, we were fighting to keep our azzes in one piece and trying to make it home.
    Mega AMEN, Brother! That was it... survival and not letting the others in the group down as we all depended on each other for everything.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by old skool View Post
    You're going to get vets who claim they were fighting for aholes like mossyhead & his rights to express his opinion but speaking for me & the rest of my recon team him & his rights never entered our minds, we were fighting to keep our azzes in one piece and trying to make it home.
    His rights were not specifically the reason I serve. I am, however, a strict Constitutionalist. If I take an oath I take it seriously, unlike many of our politicians that never served.
    Chief

Wow. Just wow.

11. I think PTSD is real but I don’t think everyone that claims to have it has it. I worked with a guy a few years back that would say the most outlandish insulting things to people and then claim PTSD. He was a prick to everyone and when you pointed it out he’d say it’s not my fault I have PTSD. The job we had he had to have shown someone a DD214 to get it so I’m sure he was a vet, I just don’t think he had PTSD he was just an *******. I think a lot of it comes from the media making such a big deal out of it that people go over there assuming there gonna get it.

I’ve had my episodes of waking up at night reaching for my gun and hitting the floor when a balloon popped behind me but in general I am pretty functional and as time goes by the episodes get farther apart.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast