The PTSD scam - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The PTSD scam

There are few rigid profiles, or definitive guidelines for the diagnosis, or severity of PTSD. There is a collection of symptoms that lead to the diagnosis, but you can't give a test to "rule out" PTSD. PTSD can be faked, as can back pain, migraines, joint discomfort, and many other maladies. Clinicians often have trouble diagnosing PTSD, so a lay Veteran has even less odds of spotting a fake. It's like trying to spot the next mass murderer.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

The unfortunate thing about PTSD, as far as diagnosing it... is that it can have many symptoms, at various times and each person will have a seperate case. The way one person deals with it, one year... may be different than the way they deal with the following year and so on. The symptoms that patient A has, may very well be different than what patient B has... even if they were in the same, exact situation. People are different and they way they react and cope to it will likely be different. Some people will have more anger, some more depression, some more anxiety, etc... some may show more outwardly noticeable symptoms and some may have no outward symptoms. Some people may require meds to cope, others may not... The severity of the PTSD can be, at times, easier to diagnose... and sometimes not.

It is true that some people may fake PTSD... but, unless you are them... how do you really know? You don't and you can't. The way I see it, it's not my business to judge whether someone's symptoms are real or not... it's my business to offer my help if they want it, to have an open ear for when or if they're ready to talk. It took me nearly 2 1/2 years to talk about what happened to me, even to my own wife. She knew something was wrong, between the nightmares and the vacancy of my personality... but figured that I would tell her when I was ready. She was encouraged that I was getting better after four or five months of being home, I started to actually act like I was home and not still in Afghan. Still, I never talked about what happened... I kept it inside, until I was ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

4. I agree I’m not qualified to diagnose but when the guy looks you dead in the eye calls you a stupid mother F-er out of the blue and then says oh I’m sorry I have PTSD when you go to react and then does the same thing five minutes later you’ve gotta wonder.
    Last edited by kennyredhill; 09-19-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Bad language

What I wonder about is your language.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    What I wonder about is your language.
    it's a direct quote man I'm only saying what he said

7. And this same guy after he gets moved out of my department because he pissed every one off. They move him to a different department and his first day there he tells a female coworker what a fine fat ass she has. Just out of thin air. Any company in the world would fire him for sexual harassment on the spot but he walked into HR pleaded PTSD and reasonable accommodation and walked. After that any time anyone looked at him cross eyed he was screaming law suit.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyredhill View Post
    it's a direct quote man I'm only saying what he said
    If he shoots someone are you going to ? Trashmouth is an indication of the inability to form any coherent thought process. Being foul-mouthed is easy. Any fool can do it. IF that's how you want to portray yourself, then have at it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    If he shoots someone are you going to ? Trashmouth is an indication of the inability to form any coherent thought process. Being foul-mouthed is easy. Any fool can do it. IF that's how you want to portray yourself, then have at it.
    This isn't your forum dude, if the forum software doesn't block it out than it must be OK

10. My old man was a drunk, I don’t ever remember him being sober. When I was a kid he’d get hammered while we were in school and when we got home he’d beat us. He drank himself to death when I was 17.
    It hasn’t happened in 10 years but I caught myself 30 years old afraid to walk in my own front door because in my mind there was a dead man with a belt waiting on the other side.
    That’s my understanding of how PTSD works not some guy that just likes talking running his mouth at people and claiming PTSD to get over.
    I served and I have nothing but respect for others that served but not everyone that claims PTSD has PTSD anymore than every wino begging money on a street corner with a sign is a former POW.

Howdy,

Gee, it looks like I'm not the only person that thinks MossyHead is an idiot.

I clicked a lot of "like" buttons and I agree with the "dislike" button too.

For all who served a big "Thank you!" and for MossyHead, he can go "f" himself.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast