Here is the NRA's opinion on the ammo shortage

Thread: Here is the NRA's opinion on the ammo shortage

Lightbulb Here is the NRA's opinion on the ammo shortage

Here is the NRA's opinion on the ammo shortage

http://www.americanhunter.org/articles/d...s-the-ammo

Cnon

I still blame the government. They do enough crap that if I mistakenly blame them for the shortage they deserve it for something else they did

On a more serious note I think Obama, Biden and their cronnies have driven up sales dramatically with their rhetoric. Fear is a great motivator.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    From the predicatable propaganda piece:

“The average customer used to buy two or three boxes,” he says. “Now they’re buying 10 to even 15.” And that’s not just hard-core shooters like you and me, he says—that’s first-timers buying cases of ammo.
    Oh noz! 200 - 300 rounds being bought at ONE TIME by lowly serfs??? No wonder there's no boolits around so us redneck radicals can go a'shootin' up a Starbucks....er....umm....sumpthin'!!

I'm basing the "200 - 300 rounds" on 20-round boxes of mostly .223/5.56 ammo that represent the lion's share of extreme shortages, but even if we consider most pistol rounds in plinking-quantity boxes, most of those come in 50-round boxes, and still wouldn't be a "case," or "cases" like the propaganda piece says.

Always on the side of the government is the N R A. Always on the side of compromise and bargaining with government to keep gun ownership just legal enough to keep the "need" for huge corporations (like themselves) to sell "protecting" our "rights." And what do they compromise on and bargain with? Our rights!!!

They compromise on and bargain with my rights without my permission or support. They are the bane of all American gun owners.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    I still blame the government. They do enough crap that if I mistakenly blame them for the shortage they deserve it for something else they did

On a more serious note I think Obama, Biden and their cronnies have driven up sales dramatically with their rhetoric. Fear is a great motivator.
    Blame the government and even if you are wrong they are so dasterdly that they deserve it anyway? Well, I AGREE WITH YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    From the predicatable propaganda piece:

Oh noz! 200 - 300 rounds being bought at ONE TIME by lowly serfs??? No wonder there's no boolits around so us redneck radicals can go a'shootin' up a Starbucks....er....umm....sumpthin'!!

I'm basing the "200 - 300 rounds" on 20-round boxes of mostly .223/5.56 ammo that represent the lion's share of extreme shortages, but even if we consider most pistol rounds in plinking-quantity boxes, most of those come in 50-round boxes, and still wouldn't be a "case," or "cases" like the propaganda piece says.

Always on the side of the government is the N R A. Always on the side of compromise and bargaining with government to keep gun ownership just legal enough to keep the "need" for huge corporations (like themselves) to sell "protecting" our "rights." And what do they compromise on and bargain with? Our rights!!!

They compromise on and bargain with my rights without my permission or support. They are the bane of all American gun owners.

Blues
    I guess I'm one of the ones who they are talking about. I buy in case or crate lots including .223/5.56. Case lot is 400 or 500 rounds in 50 round boxes. I actually have some 80 round boxes as rounds on stripper clips for AR mags allow for 80 rounds to fit into a normally 50 round box. With space left over for 2 guides. PPU packs their 5.56 in 1000 round cases of 5 battle packs of 10 boxes of 20 rounds. M1 Carbine ammo also comes in cases of 500 in 50 round boxes. Ammo for the Mosin Nagants comes in 880 round crates with 20 rounds in a box. Is 2 crates of it enough 7.62X54R ammo to keep on hand? Yes if you don't have a PKM.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.