'Doing the right thing' gets Fox Chapel Area student in trouble

Thread: 'Doing the right thing' gets Fox Chapel Area student in trouble

Angry 'Doing the right thing' gets Fox Chapel Area student in trouble

A Fox Chapel Area student is spending up to 10 days suspended from school for what his lawyer calls "doing the right thing."

Article Source

What a dumb move by the school........................SMH................. ....................

Cnon

I 100% totally agree that this is stupidity at one of its highest levels. Fox Chapel is a district close to me and it is in a rather affluent neighborhood. I'm sure this boy is in the minority of those that enjoy the hunting way of life in that school. Unfortunately, for him, that means there probably isn't an administrator that gets that what this boy did was an honorable thing. This boy could have realized he had the knife, kept it in his pocket and kept his mouth shut and no one would be the wiser.

Add to this, the school itself has scissors, paper cutters, foods classes with large knives, a cafeteria with large knives, and a maintenance facility with tools that could do much more damage. Yet all the people that handle these "weapons" are not suspended or expelled.

How many people realized that the knife was a rescue knife with a seat belt cutter and glass breaker in order to try to save someone who was still stuck in a vehicle?

As an aside, and a comparison, the school district I work for has a superintendent who supports a local gun bash, and a principal who I talk to regularly about archery hunting. I guarantee that if this boy were at our school there would have been a stern discussion about being forgetful, but the kid would have gotten his knife back and would have been allowed to stay in school.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I 100% totally agree that this is stupidity at one of its highest levels. Fox Chapel is a district close to me and it is in a rather affluent neighborhood. I'm sure this boy is in the minority of those that enjoy the hunting way of life in that school. Unfortunately, for him, that means there probably isn't an administrator that gets that what this boy did was an honorable thing. This boy could have realized he had the knife, kept it in his pocket and kept his mouth shut and no one would be the wiser.

That might have been the wiser course of action these days.

Cnon

Well that should deter any kids from doing the right thing in the future.

Zero Tolerance = Zero Sense
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post

That's right, ITA

Cnon

No good deed goes unpunished. There have been many examples of this lately, IMHO it is best to keep your mouth shut, because anything you do or say will be held against you.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

FNWylde Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    Well that should deter any kids from doing the right thing in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnon View Post
    That's right, ITA

Cnon
    No tolerance of knives for the hunters, guns for the self-defenders, religion for believers, free speech for the critical thinker, but there must be tolerance for things that erode the morality and bonds of the people of this nation. Go figure.