Checked your mailbox recently? [Calguns Foundation Mailer: Defend the 2nd Amendment]

Thread: Checked your mailbox recently? [Calguns Foundation Mailer: Defend the 2nd Amendment]

Checked your mailbox recently? [Calguns Foundation Mailer: Defend the 2nd Amendment]

Checked your mailbox recently? If you are on The Calguns Foundation mailing list, you probably received a card mailer by now with "GUN RIGHTS ALERT" on the front of it and on the back, a link to demandrights.com - go there to take action quickly.

If you have a little more time, call up the Governor's office at (916) 445-2841 and use the remarks below as a script to object to those unconstitutional bills, which are as of the date of this post still awaiting signature or veto.
    You can also compose your own message straight through the Governor's site, at Office of Governor Jerry Brown - Contact
    No time like the present!
    -----------------

Governor Brown / staff, I want you to VETO these bills:

SB 374 - Unconstitutional gun ban which would attempt to make all semiautomatic centerfire rifles, and more, illegal in California
    SB 363 - Unconstitutional. Would make it a criminal act to walk briefly away from an unloaded firearm when one is cleaning or repairing it.
    SB 755 - Unconstitutional. Proposes bans, fines, and infractions for people who commit certain types of common misdemeanors
    SB 567 - Unconstitutional. Attempts to turn any shotgun with a "smooth or rifled bore" into a destructive device
    SB 683 - Unconstitutional. Would impose a firearms safety certificate requirement even on antique and Curio and Relic long guns transfers
    SB 299 - Unconstitutional. Would criminalize law-abiding gun owners who lose and then find their firearm without reporting it within seven days
    SB 475 - Unconstitutional. Attempts to make firearm sales subject to the whims of the Boards of Supervisors of San Mateo and San Francisco
    AB 169 - Unconstitutional. Attempts to criminalize the act of temporarily making a semiautomatic handgun into a non-semiautomatic gun
    AB 48 - Unconstitutional. Attempts to criminalize, with imprisonment and 1000$ fines, anyone who lends, buys or receives certain magazines
    AB 500 - Unconstitutional. Attempts to facilitate enforcement of "ammunition vendor permits" and establish databases on gun owners
    AB 170 - Unconstitutional. Attempts to make assault weapons illegal to own for any "entity" and would violate ATF trust regulations
    AB 1131 - Unconstitutional. Attempts to make five-year bans out of recommendations of psychologists who would act as State agents
    AB 180 - Unconstitutional. Attempts to turn Oakland into a prison camp by making Oakland's gun laws even more strict than California's
    AB 231 - Unconstitutional. Attempts to fine and imprison gun owners who have children
    AB 711 - An unconstitutional ammo ban bill which disregards case law, provides no protection or exemption for owners of curios and relics and antiques who hunt with those firearms, and provides no area-specific nexus to its ammo requirement

Thank you!

-----------------------------

P.S. If you are inclined to do so please post a copy of a message here that you sent to the Governor so that others can see how different people are arguing against these bills. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by freethink View Post

Governor Brown / staff, I want you to VETO these bills:
    -----------------------------
    It's Commiefornia, forget about it.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Oh Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    It's Commiefornia, forget about it.
    Oh really?

So we can just forget about the 2nd Amendment in California?

I DON'T THINK SO.

Also, see today's articles on the subject from California including statements from the Governor like this:

"And I think we want to look very carefully and not just react to events of the day. When we pass laws, it's not a decision of the moment, it's a decision for the decades. And we want to look very carefully at what it is we're setting in motion," Brown said."

D.C. rampage unlikely to sway Brown on gun bills - SFGate

Governor not changing on gun control, despite DC shooting - Sacramento Business Journal

The message is getting through. KEEP WRITING. KEEP CALLING.

And in yet another bit of good news, before AB 500 or any of the other numerous unconstitutional bills can be signed into law, the Calguns Foundation has SUED the State of California for its (already existing) numerous sins and violations of our rights.
    Here's the link to the case:
    http://ia601002.us.archive.org/8/ite...71.docket.html
    And there are more lawsuits where that one came from!

Here's something I wrote to Governor Brown on the day of the Navy Yard event (the 16th of September):

----------------------

CURRENT EVENTS, NAVY YARD, GUN CONTROL: Maintain our rights, VETO gun control bills.
    Dear Governor Brown,
    I hope that you will not allow your attentions to be diverted by common news and propaganda regarding recent events, such as the Navy Yard – an event which was opportunistically timed in terms of the reporting and national propaganda associated with it, to mask the announcements of Ban-Ki-Moon on Syria this same morning in which he made statements that attempted to create a justification for war.
    Unfortunately, there are many in our country who want war and who will not only use it for their own personal and profit purposes abroad, but will also use it to restrain rights at home. From Boston, to Navy Yard, and the Syria announcements which the Navy Yard event is obscuring, it should be clear that there is a strong pro-war government agenda that also is intended to shift people’s views on how, or even whether, people may exercise their rights here at home.
    This is sad and unfortunate – but I urge you not to be swayed by the endless stories coming from news outlets, many of which will serve as legal propaganda vehicles under the provisions of the Smith-Mundt amendment (now federal law), in the coming days.
    Our rights remain our rights, and no event must change that.
    It is expected that you will uphold your oath and the law of the land.
    Veto these unconstitutional bills.
    I remind you of your obligation with respect to the law:
    No state legislator or executive or judicial officer can war against the Constitution without violating his undertaking to support it. Chief Justice Marshall spoke for a unanimous Court in saying that: "If the legislatures of the several states may, at will, annul the judgments of the courts of the United States, and destroy the rights acquired under those judgments, the constitution itself becomes a solemn mockery . ." United States v. Peters, 5 Cranch 115, 136. A Governor who asserts a [358 U.S. 1, 19] power to nullify a federal court order is similarly restrained. If he had such power, said Chief Justice Hughes, in 1932, also for a unanimous Court, "it is manifest that the fiat of a state Governor, and not the Constitution of the United States, would be the supreme law of the land; that the restrictions of the Federal Constitution upon the exercise of state power would be but impotent phrases . ." Sterling v. Constantin, 287 U.S. 378, 397-398.
    You have sworn an oath to uphold this supreme law.
    Part of the oath you took reads:
    "I, (Edmund G. Brown Jr.), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support
    and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Consti-
    tution of the State of California against all enemies, foreign
    and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the
    Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the
    State of California; that I take this obligation freely, without
    any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will
    well and faithfully discharge the duties upon which I am about
    to enter."
    Defend the rights of the people and keep your oath.
    Veto the misguided gun control bills of the California Legislature.
    Thank you.

------------------------

KEEP WRITING, KEEP CALLING
    Last edited by freethink; 09-19-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: added in reference to Calguns Foundation lawsuit against California, launched today

Want to get a chance to win a Bennelli M4 shotgun? (No purchase necessary.) Go to http://demandrights.com/ and send a message to Governor Brown, you will be entered to win. Do It!