Testing Absudity in California.

Thread: Testing Absudity in California.

Testing Absudity in California.

On Constitution Day, California College Student Ordered to Stop Handing out Constitutions , yes they were US Constitutions.
    ~
    On Constitution Day, California College Student Ordered to Stop Handing out Constitutions | Greg Lukianoff
    ~
    Robert Van Tuinen, a student at Modesto Junior College in California, had a theory. He believed that the policies at his college limiting protests and expression were so restrictive that the college would try to shut him down even if he tried to hand out copies of the United States Constitution on September 17--Constitution Day.
    Sadly, he was correct.
    Not 10 minutes after Van Tuinen began handing out copies of the Constitution, a campus police officer arrived to stop him. Van Tuinen was informed that anytime someone wants to pass out anything on campus, it must first be registered and approved by the Student Development office.
    ~

~
    I find this kind of censorship just so appalling especially in the US that supposedly prides it's self on the rights to free speech. The fact that the student knew in advance what would happen just proves it is an ongoing problem at this institution as well as other places of higher learning. I am beginning to think that the term "places of higher learning" are referring to schools that sit on a hill, certainly doesn't represent their academia.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

I wonder what they would have done if he was handing out free copies of the Quran, or Chinese flags? It is getting very crazy. This school, and many more around the country, have a real fear of education.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Bob that is an interesting question and would be intriguing to find out.
    ~
    Regarding their fears. I think they are afraid of the truth, because they aren't teaching it, and their afraid of getting caught.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job