Gun free zones are places that leave the people there as targets

Thread: Gun free zones are places that leave the people there as targets

Gun free zones are places that leave the people there as targets

Gun free zones are places that leave the people there as targets to people who will flaunt the law no matter what and go there to kill these people for whatever known reason.
    Take the Aurora theater shooting, the shooter lived eight miles from the theater which he went to and killed those people, what a lot of people donít know is, there were three theaters closer to his home and between his home and the Aurora theater and you ask why be bypassed the closet three theaters, they were not gun free zones and this guy knew that. He didnít want to take the chance to go to those three theaters just because they allowed guns on their premises and he knew that he might / would have an armed person there to shoot back at him.
    Ask yourself this, would you feel safer if the school that you are teaching, if there was either a security officer there or to allow various factuality who what to be armed, or it being a gun free zone where anyone off the street could come in a shoot some of your students.
    The real aspect to cutting down on these people who do these shooting crimes is to have every state submit their psychological files on the people who they feel would be a threat to humanity into the NICS data base, that way when they try to obtain a gun the data base will kick it back as not approved. I work for a gun shop and I put these requests into NICS and for the most part a reply will come back within minutes. Sad as it is there are a lot of states who donít submit these files and looking at the recent shooter in the Navy Yard in Washington, there was numerous incidents where, if the data was submitted he wouldnít have been able to not only buy a shotgun, but he wouldnít have been able to obtain a job with a company with a Secret clearance and work on the Navy yard. There are too many of these type people who slip through the cracks. Also the same company that conducted the security clearance for him was the same company that did the clearance search for the guy who has been leaking all of the United States secrets. Now donít get me wrong I feel that what this guy did in leaking these things was positive in that he opened a can of worms showing the illegal viewing of our E-mails and phone info.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Not at all surprising about the Aurora kid. Good information, thanks. In Salt Lake several ccw classes were offered free of charge to teachers. Makes sense to me. Give them some training and no need to have cops at every door( which won't happen anyway so good for the packing teachers).

I do have some concerns for states submitting psychological files. Makes me think of New York? or was it New Jersey where they used medical records of anyone taking anti depressants as reason to confiscate their guns.

Where is Tom Cruise and his fellow cops that could arrest folks BEFORE the crime was committed?
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

I stay away from gun free zones, they are to dangerous.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

The gun club my wife and I belong to gave free CCW lessons to any teacher that wanted to obtain a permit. They had more requests then they ever thought they would. The total number of teachers that went thought the course was well over 100 and the club is going to offer it again next spring. I don't think that removing any gun from someone just because they take a anti-depressant, hell just living and putting up with all the crap that Obama is doing makes me want to take one. It's the one's that are diagnosed with violent actions that I don't want to have a gun, but until every state is required to submit these records to the NICS data base, you'll be seeing more and more gun crimes by people who have been medically deemed as unfit to purchase a gun.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Cinemark is a gun fee theater chain and is the same theater as Aurora Colorado, company policy, their sign does not comply with Texas regulations but I no longer spend my money where I can't protect myself, name the last mass shooting at a police station in America or the last mass shooting not in a gun free zone, if you think the police can protect you ever, next time you are walking around point out a police officer within 50 feet of your possession.

While it might make some folks "feel good" or "think a shooting might be prevented" if the government can check medical records and prevent nuts from buying guns....

How does submitting medical records to the government stop a nut like Adam Lanza from killing his mom and taking her guns before shooting up the Sandy Hook school? Would a background check that included medical records stop that from happening?

Please folks... think long and hard about what you want.....

Consider the unintended consequences of handing medical records over to the government... perhaps today only those diagnosed as "dangerous" would be denied the ability to LEGALLY buy a gun (they can still buy a gun illegally or steal it) but tomorrow the government could use the medical thing to institute even more harsh and restrictive gun control simply by changing the criteria for what diagnoses qualify for denial. You know... like being prescribed a medication that is on the "denial" list even if that medication was prescribed for a reason other than mental issues (like Wellbutrin that is prescribed to help stop smoking but is also an antidepressant)... and you don't even have to take it... just have it prescribed because it would be the prescription that is in the records.. which puts doctors in a position of prescribing gun control.

There is no doubt the mental health field is messed up and too many people who need help don't get it because there aren't any facilities, programs, or even professional people, available. So why don't we fix that and provide the medical/psychological help nuts need instead of using nuts to push the anti gun agenda? Why is the core issue of mental health care being used to push an anti gun agenda? Think about that for a while!!!!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    I stay away from gun free zones, they are to dangerous.
    I do the same. If I can't carry I don't go in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Cinemark is a gun fee theater chain and is the same theater as Aurora Colorado, company policy, their sign does not comply with Texas regulations but I no longer spend my money where I can't protect myself, name the last mass shooting at a police station in America or the last mass shooting not in a gun free zone, if you think the police can protect you ever, next time you are walking around point out a police officer within 50 feet of your possession.
    Police station shooting in Detroit 01/23/13, four officers shot before attacker is killed. Video of the event is included.

Watch video released by Detroit police showing police station gun battle | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Regarding the concern raised by Bikenut, the problem with submitting such records is that they can be used to deny firearms purchases to individuals because someone in their home may fit the profile, and we don't want them to have ANY access to firearms. Such records become a back door through which to deny firearms to people who are otherwise legally able to own firearms. Perhaps, to use his example, if Lanza's records had been submitted into the system, his mother would have been denied her right to purchase them in the first place. Is this really the direction we want to go?

Slippery slope any time we let the gov't have records on its citizens. The gov't, thru CONgress and its Departments, will always abuse the powers given to it by the citizens. TSA, FBI, and the rest of the alphabet soup are prime examples of gov't gone rogue. Got to run, there's knocking at the door.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Instead of "Gun Free Zone" the sign should read "Open Season On Humans Zone".