Don't Give to Charities for Veterans, Police & Firefighters - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Don't Give to Charities for Veterans, Police & Firefighters

  1. Put youself on the line for anything you want, I'll back you all the way - that's freedom. But don't expect the taxpayer to subsidize your life choices. I don't presume that the military is intrinsically noble, especially since they should be wearing MIC (Military Industrial Complex) badges, and medals - not USA-exclusive insignia. This is the problem that vets don't want to think about because they're not "thinkers." It's not that they don't have a myriad of great intelligence reflecting the span of the general population - it's that they're indoctrinated immediately to not consider political, moral, and constitutional priorities. And I realize that the 'our way or the highway' has to prevail for any successful military cohesiveness. But, the fact that low-level military folks are stripped of their ability to ponder these very real corruptions built into the red-white-and-blue is the root of my discussion.

    Regarding police - sure, dirty things out there need to be dealt with, sometimes in dirty ways. But the general mindset of police is increasingly Marxist, corrupt and political, rather than servant-motivated. Additionally, LEOs in general increasingly allow, I repeat, ALLOW, themselves the neo-AMERIKA indoctrination that We The People are the enemy - they're becoming a domestic military, training, propagandizing, and implementing a VOLUNTARY roll to incarcerate simple constitutionally-motivated citizens. Marxist president Obama marches this country into utter destruction, economically, politically and socially. We see it happening before our eyes and are so caught up in protocol and procedure that we're enabling the ba$tard more and more, everyday. I'm just telling it like I see it. I have not served in the military nor police but have served my country, losing jobs and advancement over the years, because I spoke against these corruptions of our constitution and liberties on a daily basis. I'm retired now but I HAVE SERVED MY COUNTRY AS LEGITIMATELY as many of you. I've also helped many along the way, economically and otherwise. I've played by the rules, put 4 kids through college, paid enough taxes to at least own a good chunk of an ICBM, and stand ready to assist countrymen in the inevitable second American Civil War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Ive got to say, even though you have made some points, I look at it this way, who else puts their lives on the line for our sorry a$$es? Certainly not farmers, electricians, tower climbers etc. The soldiers volunteered for one reason or another, but they wear the uniform that represents our country, they spend a year or more over seas to fight an enemy on foreign soil so we dont have to fight them here, Police arrive to arrest the unruly neighbor who may have otherwise murdered his wife or beat his/her son unconscious. Firemen run into a burning building as others are running out, why? To pull our trapped behinds out of the flames. As I said, I understand what youre trying to say, however, I look at it this way, I made that money, I can give it to whom I want, you can choose to hold your dollars, I however will give because they deserve it.
    Last edited by MossyHead; 09-22-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: sp
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    north east Iowa
    Posts
    1,250
    Choose the charities carefully. But because there are some opportunists out there, don't stop helping. It also appears that some of those commenting on this thread are saying that wounded veterans don't deserve any help from charitable groups or even taxpayers. I hope I'm wrong about my interpretation of some of the comments. But there is no possible compensation that is adequate for the sacrifices made by some of these heroes. The promises made to those who serve our country have not been kept in an honorable way by this government. Now we have contributors to this thread who think that veterans deserve no help. I must be wrong. Citizens of this country couldn't be so ungrateful for the few willing to serve in the in the military or first responders.

  4. You were one who did get subsidies from the government which ultimately come from taxpayers ... we did not fill out that paper work for the very fact that we did not want to be puppets to the government. You lay this out as though you had no choice - you did have a choice and you captitulated to government.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    We're farmers and ranchers, but we don't expect donations from taxpayers. However we DO get subsidies from the government which ultimately come from taxpayers. For those of you who say we're getting rich at taxpayers' expense, think again. I know there are some who get ridiculous payouts that certainly don't need them, but most of us just barely get by.
    That said, I think that firefighters, soldiers, and law enforcement are a lot more deserving than we are. Yes, farming is one of the more dangerous jobs, but we don't risk our lives to save people like they do.
    I do NOT make donations to anyone who calls me on the phone asking for my help though. Anything I donate to is either done locally or something of my own choosing. Too many of those calling for donations have high overhead, millionaire CEOs, and little of it ever gets to where it's supposed to.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  5. The meat of the post was corporate-media-sponsored-emotion-manipulated solicitation of your wallet and my wallet for events upon soldiers, police, and firefighters beyond our control - AND, the jingoistic propaganda which compels many to enter these professions without any moral, constitutional or patriotic truth beyond their [the Military Industrial Complex] hypnosis by corporate greed. If you want to die for the MIC, go for it, I'll give you a glass of water if you're thirsty just because I'm a nice guy. But don't join up with this canival posing as "protectors of American freedom and citizens" and expect me and about 90 million middleclass taxpayers [paying for about 100 million non-taxpayers and refunded-payers AND about 9 million in addition to the 100 million non-taxpayers, who are actually eligible taxpayers, who have never paid anything beyond sales tax] (forgetting about the 18 million benefit-receiving illegal aliens) to cover your LIFE-CHOICE decisions because you need a job and Big Gov's military and police forces are the only ones who will take you.
    Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    Choose the charities carefully. But because there are some opportunists out there, don't stop helping. It also appears that some of those commenting on this thread are saying that wounded veterans don't deserve any help from charitable groups or even taxpayers. I hope I'm wrong about my interpretation of some of the comments. But there is no possible compensation that is adequate for the sacrifices made by some of these heroes. The promises made to those who serve our country have not been kept in an honorable way by this government. Now we have contributors to this thread who think that veterans deserve no help. I must be wrong. Citizens of this country couldn't be so ungrateful for the few willing to serve in the in the military or first responders.
    Last edited by MossyHead; 09-22-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: sp
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  6. I'm proud that I never served in the military, and law enforcement, as well. I know things that you don't because of it. I served my country as legitimately as did you - sparing you the details - but much was in special communications (private sector contractors) involving the highest levels of government. But even if I just remained a mid-level farmer, I served my country and have a right to speak out against media-government-sponsored theft of our dollars by the military and law enforcement agencies who are hell-bent in getting our $$$ based upon emotional manipulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    MossyHead: I don't mean to be constantly crossing swords with you but you seem to have a particular animus against the military. I attribute that to you never having served and you are basing your judgements on TV ads, etc. Believe it or not, I agree with you about all the ads you see concerning veterans. Those ads should never be run because the government should be taking care of our wounded service members. That was part of the contract when we all entered the service. All military members serve this country as a whole. They are representatives of the US and the defenders of our freedoms. If, during the course of their duties they become wounded or disabled, it is incumbent upon the government to provide them with necessary aftercare, not just throw them aside. The government, however, is not living up to it's part of the bargain and healthcare for the military has all but become nonexistent. What medications I get through a military hospital are not free. My civilian insurance is billed for the cost of the medicine, not the government. Again, that wasn't part of the promise of healthcare. Our Congress is at fault for not properly funding for this necessary medical care. The government can spend money on vacations all over the world for the president and his family and their large entourages, provide an Air Force jet for Nancy Pelosi to fly to California when she was Speaker of the House and all the other perks that go with political life but they can't fund health care for veterans and, in some cases, active duty members. If you want to have a voice in veteran's affairs, I would strongly suggest that you at least become familiar with your subject matter and not be so quick to rush to judgement. Look into the Veteran's Administration and how it is unable to provide necessary services because of funding then look into the funding process and see if you can get it changed. I know, as a disabled veteran, I would certainly appreciate it.
    You seem to take exception to any assistance being given to members of those "dangerous" professions which some willingly enter into. None of us entering those professions went in with the intent of having anyone providing for us afterward, with the exception of retirement pay. There are dangers inherent in those professions and, if we, who entered them, didn't do it, who would? I hope you are not so naive as to think we could exist without these people. Some, as in a post above, seem to think so but, when something happens, "Who you gonna call?"
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  7. #26
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    519
    Is there anyway I can block insulting posts by pukes like Mossyhead. I can't find any area of agreement with him. Many people feel there are charities that abuse the money given to them. When outed smart people deny any further contribution. People who serve their country and/or community do know what they are getting into. The fire fighters in the WTC after the planes hit the towers, grabbed their gear (approx 80 pounds per firefighter) and started going up the stairs. At one point the command center in the lobby was informing them that another plane was heading toward the towers (the second hi jacked aircraft). The Firefighter on the radio said " That one is ours" and they continued up the stairs. To me that takes a special person. They could have dropped all their heavy equipment and ran out the door, maybe in time? BUT THEY CONTINUED TO DO THEIR JOB. may all their souls reside in heaven at G-d's right hand. And if you resent or find fault with my statement of faith, I would not be surprised. Sorry but you are a TROLL !

  8. Either I failed to communicate it or I failed to communicate it, but the very specific concept you pose, " ... what I or anyone else does with our hard earned dollars should be our business ...," I cannot argue. You are right and I operate in the same field. So, there you go!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I've read several of your posts Mossy... you seem to be a very angry person. Your hate mongering about the military has been strewn within several posts and now you've added public servants to your list of people to hate. The interesting thing about these three professions is they all have one thing in common: they all provide a public service of protection for the American people; the veteran fights for a national freedom and our individual freedom, the firefighter runs into the burning building to help those that cannot run out of it, and the police officer will run to the sounds of gunshots rather than do what the sheep have done which is run away from them.

    If charities exist for these professions could it be that some in this country think we should be doing more for them than what they already receive because of what they do? None of these people are ever going to be rich doing what they do. They do what they do because they feel they make a difference.

    Now, I understand your reasons for not wanting to give to a charity for any of these three professions, and I will not argue your reasons. However, what I don't understand is why you post that no one else should either. What I or anyone else does with our hard earned dollars should be our business, just as what you do with your dollars should be your business. No one likes to be preached to as to what they should or should not be doing especially when it comes to our money and this is exactly what you have done.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  9. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Is there anyway I can block insulting posts by pukes like Mossyhead. I can't find any area of agreement with him. Many people feel there are charities that abuse the money given to them. When outed smart people deny any further contribution. People who serve their country and/or community do know what they are getting into. The fire fighters in the WTC after the planes hit the towers, grabbed their gear (approx 80 pounds per firefighter) and started going up the stairs. At one point the command center in the lobby was informing them that another plane was heading toward the towers (the second hi jacked aircraft). The Firefighter on the radio said " That one is ours" and they continued up the stairs. To me that takes a special person. They could have dropped all their heavy equipment and ran out the door, maybe in time? BUT THEY CONTINUED TO DO THEIR JOB. may all their souls reside in heaven at G-d's right hand. And if you resent or find fault with my statement of faith, I would not be surprised. Sorry but you are a TROLL !
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Creswell, Oregon
    Posts
    3,865
    Emotional manipulation? That's exactly what the liberals use to push their social programs. I would much rather see private charities take over all social programs. There's a better chance that the people that really need the help will get it. The government needs to be about national security and not social security. The government should take care of our vets. The government after all is their employer.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

  11. re: you say: "you seem to be a very angry person ..," You maybe right. But because I don't give psych terms, nor the psch industry the time of day, since they're part of the whole gov-corporate manipulative system to which, I'm afraid, you're entrapped, the charge completely flies by me, lol. However, on a serious note, if you need help and advice from me, just say so, I understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I've read several of your posts Mossy... you seem to be a very angry person. Your hate mongering about the military has been strewn within several posts and now you've added public servants to your list of people to hate. The interesting thing about these three professions is they all have one thing in common: they all provide a public service of protection for the American people; the veteran fights for a national freedom and our individual freedom, the firefighter runs into the burning building to help those that cannot run out of it, and the police officer will run to the sounds of gunshots rather than do what the sheep have done which is run away from them.

    If charities exist for these professions could it be that some in this country think we should be doing more for them than what they already receive because of what they do? None of these people are ever going to be rich doing what they do. They do what they do because they feel they make a difference.

    Now, I understand your reasons for not wanting to give to a charity for any of these three professions, and I will not argue your reasons. However, what I don't understand is why you post that no one else should either. What I or anyone else does with our hard earned dollars should be our business, just as what you do with your dollars should be your business. No one likes to be preached to as to what they should or should not be doing especially when it comes to our money and this is exactly what you have done.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast