Don't Give to Charities for Veterans, Police & Firefighters - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Don't Give to Charities for Veterans, Police & Firefighters

  1. uh, fuhr52, I agree with you but think you may have mistook me - I attribute emotional manipulation [by liberals or any group] as a bad thing. Private sector? Yay!!! Social programs? BOO!!! Have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Emotional manipulation? That's exactly what the liberals use to push their social programs. I would much rather see private charities take over all social programs. There's a better chance that the people that really need the help will get it. The government needs to be about national security and not social security. The government should take care of our vets. The government after all is their employer.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  2.   
  3. uh, fuhr52, I agree with you but think you may have mistook me - I attribute emotional manipulation [by liberals or any group] as a bad thing. Private sector? Yay!!! Social programs? BOO!!! Have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Emotional manipulation? That's exactly what the liberals use to push their social programs. I would much rather see private charities take over all social programs. There's a better chance that the people that really need the help will get it. The government needs to be about national security and not social security. The government should take care of our vets. The government after all is their employer.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  4. lol (Luke, are you going to ban me for "lol?") - guess the concept of free speech is getting more and more scutinized - synonym for scrutiny? censorship - wow, what a great constitutional American you are gunnerbob!
    Just to meet you at your level of accusation, here's my email address by which we can arrange a personal meeting to discuss these issues - just want you to know that I back my words to the ultimate degree, face to face - [email protected] - let's meet! coffee is on me!
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I had you on the ignore list but, I had to read this one... YOU'VE GOT TO BE PHUCKING KIDDING ME!

    Luke, I fully understand if you ban me for this but... I'm sick of this dude's BS, so here goes:

    F**k you, you half-sacked, ignorant, little boy playing on the computer, spouting trash that you've got no business talking about! I'm going internet tough guy now: Let me ever meet you and I promise if you opened your mouth with the trash you do, I'd knock your GD teeth through the back of your head! You little runt! You're pathetic, dude... why don't you actually do something with your life that will give you the context to talk the way you do...? Too late, you can't and won't... pvssy.

    Forum members: I ask that you not take what I've written personal, it has nothing to do with you but... if you feel the need to report me I understand. I have broken Luke's rules... I get that. If this is my last post... deuces!
    Last edited by MossyHead; 09-22-2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: sp
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Is there anyway I can block insulting posts by pukes like Mossyhead. I can't find any area of agreement with him. Many people feel there are charities that abuse the money given to them. When outed smart people deny any further contribution. People who serve their country and/or community do know what they are getting into. The fire fighters in the WTC after the planes hit the towers, grabbed their gear (approx 80 pounds per firefighter) and started going up the stairs. At one point the command center in the lobby was informing them that another plane was heading toward the towers (the second hi jacked aircraft). The Firefighter on the radio said " That one is ours" and they continued up the stairs. To me that takes a special person. They could have dropped all their heavy equipment and ran out the door, maybe in time? BUT THEY CONTINUED TO DO THEIR JOB. may all their souls reside in heaven at G-d's right hand. And if you resent or find fault with my statement of faith, I would not be surprised. Sorry but you are a TROLL !
    Yes it's easy.

    Just don't click on them.

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. "Forum members: I ask that you not take what I've written personal, it has nothing to do with you but... if you feel the need to report me I understand. I have broken Luke's rules... I get that. If this is my last post... deuces!" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I had you on the ignore list but, I had to read this one... YOU'VE GOT TO BE PHUCKING KIDDING ME!

    Luke, I fully understand if you ban me for this but... I'm sick of this dude's BS, so here goes:

    F**k you, you half-sacked, ignorant, little boy playing on the computer, spouting trash that you've got no business talking about! I'm going internet tough guy now: Let me ever meet you and I promise if you opened your mouth with the trash you do, I'd knock your GD teeth through the back of your head! You little runt! You're pathetic, dude... why don't you actually do something with your life that will give you the context to talk the way you do...? Too late, you can't and won't... pvssy.

    Forum members: I ask that you not take what I've written personal, it has nothing to do with you but... if you feel the need to report me I understand. I have broken Luke's rules... I get that. If this is my last post... deuces!
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  7. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Yes it's easy.

    Just don't click on them.

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  8. #37
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Well I will be the one who says it Police and soldiers who volunteered for one reason or another do not put their lives on the line for our sorry a$$es but their own. Part of the reasons to volunteer to be a soldier is for the GI bill and other benefits offered for volunteering to serve your country. The Police sure as hell are not doing it to save our lives because there are more then enough videos showing the police standing by while a person is attacked and killed or raped. After one person sued the police this was the headline in the NYTimes http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po...otus.html?_r=0 So the only jobs you listed that do try and save our sorry a$$es would be the Firedepartment and first responder EMT's.

    I do respect the people that decide to volunteer and server our country, I just don't believe they all do it out of wanting to keep us safe.
    When I joined it was for one reason, payback (sadly) I wanted to take the fight to the enemy so we could sleep peaceful at home without worrying about another terrorist attack, and thats the truth, I had 9/11 in mind when I joined. Most of the other guys I served with joined for the same reasons. GI Bill isnt worth squat anymore. Yeah its money for college, but its not a full ride, only pays for I think 48 credits or something along those lines. Theres perks, but not enough in my opinion.
    As far as Police I know many who wanted the job for one reason or another, and most answers are to help people, in some fashion or another. Just because theres a few bad eggs, doesnt mean theyre all bad. That being said, idk of any cop who would sit by and let someone get robbed or get raped.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  9. #38
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    I have read some of your posts and pondered as to how I should reply and hold back the anger in my fingertips. I cant see how you can have such an immature attitude towards those who protect us. You have insulted the brothers I served with in uniform, you have insulted friends of mine who wear the badge, and you have insulted in my opinion the flag. You cry corruption, but name a government that wasnt corrupt at one point in time, name one other military other than the American Armed Forces that refused to do unconstitutional acts, name one other military that had the balls to tell the Government to ******* off when they asked in a survey if we would ever enforce Martial Law the American people.
    If you havent served, you cant speak of things you know nothing about. You claim you served the American public, I suggest you show charity, and it doesnt have to be dollars, to those who make sure you sleep peaceful at night.

    You say Military persons arent thinkers? Are you kidding me? Some of the smartest people serve in the Armed forces, could you tell me the best way to clear a home or send an attack on a hostile village? Could you should me the best way to set up outter security on a hostile territory? Or how about how to clean a weapon because its jammed under pressure when bullets are impacting branches, vehicles and fellow soldiers around you. Some of our most honored Presidents served in wars you couldnt even think of, and it takes smarts and courage to serve. Maybe take the ASVAB test, or look into what it entails.
    Next, Police, you call them corrupt and looking out for political interests? I can tell you for a fact, that is false, they dislike the Government maybe a little more than you do, how about work for a pension for 25 years to find that the state or county cant make good on the promise, or pull it for some ungodly reason because money is needed elsewhere, even though, you have paid into it. I would know because Ive had friends lose their pensions to idiocy and Politicians. The training is needed now days due to the high level of domestic terrorism and the advanced threats that face them in the field today. Everyone has an AR-15 or AK-47, further more with overseas threats god only knows what a terrorist could have inside a school, political building or Navy yard, the training saves their lives.
    So sir, I can say with quite certainty, Chairty is deserved. Kennydale summed up the firemans job and there isnt much I can add to the courage he described in his post. Key word in all of these jobs is HONOR, something I dont think you know a damn thing about. You dis our ribbions and medals, you try and earn one. Ive earned many, and I wear them with damn good pride. So please, crawl into your bed and remember who protects you, I sometimes wonder why I bothered serving worthless people like you who show no respect at all for my professions.

    Quote Originally Posted by MossyHead View Post
    Put youself on the line for anything you want, I'll back you all the way - that's freedom. But don't expect the taxpayer to subsidize your life choices. I don't presume that the military is intrinsically noble, especially since they should be wearing MIC (Military Industrial Complex) badges, and medals - not USA-exclusive insignia. This is the problem that vets don't want to think about because they're not "thinkers." It's not that they don't have a myriad of great intelligence reflecting the span of the general population - it's that they're indoctrinated immediately to not consider political, moral, and constitutional priorities. And I realize that the 'our way or the highway' has to prevail for any successful military cohesiveness. But, the fact that low-level military folks are stripped of their ability to ponder these very real corruptions built into the red-white-and-blue is the root of my discussion.

    Regarding police - sure, dirty things out there need to be dealt with, sometimes in dirty ways. But the general mindset of police is increasingly Marxist, corrupt and political, rather than servant-motivated. Additionally, LEOs in general increasingly allow, I repeat, ALLOW, themselves the neo-AMERIKA indoctrination that We The People are the enemy - they're becoming a domestic military, training, propagandizing, and implementing a VOLUNTARY roll to incarcerate simple constitutionally-motivated citizens. Marxist president Obama marches this country into utter destruction, economically, politically and socially. We see it happening before our eyes and are so caught up in protocol and procedure that we're enabling the ba$tard more and more, everyday. I'm just telling it like I see it. I have not served in the military nor police but have served my country, losing jobs and advancement over the years, because I spoke against these corruptions of our constitution and liberties on a daily basis. I'm retired now but I HAVE SERVED MY COUNTRY AS LEGITIMATELY as many of you. I've also helped many along the way, economically and otherwise. I've played by the rules, put 4 kids through college, paid enough taxes to at least own a good chunk of an ICBM, and stand ready to assist countrymen in the inevitable second American Civil War.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  10. No, my point was synthetic laudation for military and law enforcement based upon and designed for lucrative reasons, i..e, media-based-emotionally-manipulated PSAs (Public Service Announcements) in TV, radio, newpaper, magazine, satellite and other media, and billed ultimately to the taxpayer and consumer. Frankly, we've given these entities, [law enforcement & military] too much respect at the expense of our own freedoms, liberties and personal assets, that both have become the People's enemies, both, to an extent, parasites to what America was intended to be. No profession, based upon its volunteered risk, should extort the taxpayer for special subsidization.
    Quote Originally Posted by mperkins1116 View Post
    I'm curious, do you think that Veterans, Police and Firefighters don't deserve charities or that others (such as farmers) deserve them more?
    Last edited by MossyHead; 09-23-2013 at 12:31 AM. Reason: sp
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  11. I give to F.O.P. and Boys' Ranches, realizing that families of cops need help should an emergency arise, and cops need help too, when the unthinkable happens to them. Perhaps supporting the Boys' Ranches will turn the life of a wayward, troubled kid around?

    I had not thought of Military Charities, shame on me, as my dad and two brothers served with the U.S.A.F.

    Many of my acquaintances coming back from Iraq or Afghanistan have been changed. I had a talk with one who was in especially bad shape, who is in a psychiatric hospital, and tried to get back into the work force with disastrous results. He broke down and sobbed outside, (worked same place I did, my office was near his department), and said he wanted to kill a rude, obnoxious, white collar bimbob, who worked in corporate. He called the psych. ward to come pick him up, while sobbing on the phone.

    Another had that "thousand yard stare" of someone who had seen the face of the devil in many ways. I told him to get help. Never saw him again.

    All acquaintances who were deployed, and came back, were changed, emotionally scarred individuals. The heroes who came back injured, or horribly disfigured, have given this country the ultimate sacrifice; their blood and body. Others gave the ultimate sacrifice; their lives.

    As ironic as it may seem, this thread has given me interest to give to Veterans charities, and I'll be researching those shortly.

    Oh, and I throw money in the boots at intersections as well. Worthy causes are everywhere, if one wants to build-up a sense of pride and giving.

    Police, Firemen, EMS and EMTs, and Veterans deserve better treatment than what I've witnessed here.

    Instead of branding these services rogue, because of a few bad apples, why not give, and if you can't give, at least thank them for the thankless, dangerous jobs they perform. You might make these servants feel a little better with a compliment, instead of berating them.

    One would hope that the money given would make it to the people who really need it, instead of lining the pockets of those charities with false ideals.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast