Don't Give to Charities for Veterans, Police & Firefighters - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Don't Give to Charities for Veterans, Police & Firefighters

  1. You quoted me: You say "Military persons arent thinkers?" and then you go on with a diatribe ignoring the immediate sentence I said afterwards. Read it all and respond, responsibly - respond to this again and include my context if you consider integrity an important part of your words.

    Are you kidding me? Some of the smartest people serve in the Armed forces."
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I have read some of your posts and pondered as to how I should reply and hold back the anger in my fingertips. I cant see how you can have such an immature attitude towards those who protect us. You have insulted the brothers I served with in uniform, you have insulted friends of mine who wear the badge, and you have insulted in my opinion the flag. You cry corruption, but name a government that wasnt corrupt at one point in time, name one other military other than the American Armed Forces that refused to do unconstitutional acts, name one other military that had the balls to tell the Government to ******* off when they asked in a survey if we would ever enforce Martial Law the American people.
    If you havent served, you cant speak of things you know nothing about. You claim you served the American public, I suggest you show charity, and it doesnt have to be dollars, to those who make sure you sleep peaceful at night.

    You say Military persons arent thinkers? Are you kidding me? Some of the smartest people serve in the Armed forces, could you tell me the best way to clear a home or send an attack on a hostile village? Could you should me the best way to set up outter security on a hostile territory? Or how about how to clean a weapon because its jammed under pressure when bullets are impacting branches, vehicles and fellow soldiers around you. Some of our most honored Presidents served in wars you couldnt even think of, and it takes smarts and courage to serve. Maybe take the ASVAB test, or look into what it entails.
    Next, Police, you call them corrupt and looking out for political interests? I can tell you for a fact, that is false, they dislike the Government maybe a little more than you do, how about work for a pension for 25 years to find that the state or county cant make good on the promise, or pull it for some ungodly reason because money is needed elsewhere, even though, you have paid into it. I would know because Ive had friends lose their pensions to idiocy and Politicians. The training is needed now days due to the high level of domestic terrorism and the advanced threats that face them in the field today. Everyone has an AR-15 or AK-47, further more with overseas threats god only knows what a terrorist could have inside a school, political building or Navy yard, the training saves their lives.
    So sir, I can say with quite certainty, Chairty is deserved. Kennydale summed up the firemans job and there isnt much I can add to the courage he described in his post. Key word in all of these jobs is HONOR, something I dont think you know a damn thing about. You dis our ribbions and medals, you try and earn one. Ive earned many, and I wear them with damn good pride. So please, crawl into your bed and remember who protects you, I sometimes wonder why I bothered serving worthless people like you who show no respect at all for my professions.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  2.   
  3. #42
    MossyHead: I think these emblems represent most of us on here. Regardless of any opinion you may hold of us, you enjoy many benefits because of us, collectively. I will be the first to admit that I don't understand people like you and, doubt that we have anything in common so, rather than read your diatribe, I'll leave you to argue with others. And, for what contributions you made to the military while in the work force, you have my personal thanks.




    Attachment 10409Attachment 10410Attachment 10411Attachment 10412Attachment 10413

  4. re: "you enjoy many benefits because of us ..." No I don't, that's a myth and I don't buy it. I don't owe any of you, unless you're a WWII vet, which I doubt, a damn thing. These emblems should convey MIC (Military Industrial Complex) all over them, not anything related to true American patriotism. You guys are part of the government parasite problem - bs'ing the folks into holding you up in high esteem - basically for cash, top gov jobs, etc.. Fortunately, I'm retired from the private sector and am not affected by your phony affirmative action scam over non military employees. You and gunnerbob and all who gather round with your name-calling and gang-up mentality upon me (which your good ol boy admin 'Luke' fully endorsed by allowing gunnerbob to literally threaten me) on anybody who challenges you simply makes my case. You're phony and not deserving of what real soldiers used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    MossyHead: I think these emblems represent most of us on here. Regardless of any opinion you may hold of us, you enjoy many benefits because of us, collectively. I will be the first to admit that I don't understand people like you and, doubt that we have anything in common so, rather than read your diatribe, I'll leave you to argue with others. And, for what contributions you made to the military while in the work force, you have my personal thanks.




    Attachment 10409Attachment 10410Attachment 10411Attachment 10412Attachment 10413
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

  5. #44
    Well, I had thought I would not respond to any more of your BS but I just can't help myself. I can't speak for the others, but I don't ask to be held in high esteem by others simply for having been in the military. A lot of my friends do not even know I was in the military because I felt no need to tell them. The different positions I held after the military were not obtained through any affirmative action programs, only on my own abilities and education. I didn't know you considered me to be one of those ganging up on you. I speak for myself, independent of anyone else. The others you have incited all by yourself with all your inane chest beating about not being part of the MIC and so much superior to us by not having served. Sorry, that isn't very impressive and possibly indicative of an inferiority complex. By your own admission, your employer did contracting with the military. You may consider us to be "phony" as soldiers but we, at least, have served our country and do not try to hide behind "not being part of the MIC." Your attitude indicates that you have an axe to grind with the military service but, that is your problem, not ours. You know, there are other forums on here dealing with guns and other sports. Maybe you would enjoy finding one.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by MossyHead View Post
    re: "you enjoy many benefits because of us ..." No I don't, that's a myth and I don't buy it. I don't owe any of you, unless you're a WWII vet, which I doubt, a damn thing.
    I have to agree with MossyHead on the parts quoted above. I feel the same way what the hell do we owe anyone serving in the arm services of the USA after WWII? I keep hearing without them we would have none of the freedom we have. What damn freedom do we have left in this country? As pointed out by most on this site our freedoms are being striped away. The last war that anyone gets credit for fighting for our freedom is WWII all the wars and fights after that have been for nothing. Don't tell me we are fighting them there so we will not have to fight the here B.S Let them come here I am sure all of us armed citizens can deal with them. As pointed out by the text in quotes.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II. Of course it was originally stated in Japanese, this is the English translation
    It has been declared this attribution is "unsubstantiated and almost certainly bogus, even though it has been repeated thousands of times in various Internet postings. There is no record of the commander in chief of Japan’s wartime fleet ever saying it.", according to Brooks Jackson in "Misquoting Yamamoto" at Factcheck.org (11 May 2009), which cites Donald M. Goldstein, sometimes called "the dean of Pearl Harbor historians", writing "I have never seen it in writing. It has been attributed to the Prange files [the files of the late Gordon W. Prange, chief historian on the staff of Gen. Douglas MacArthur]".
    So bogus or not I stand by it let them come here so we quite sending money over there to be lost or used to bribe them from attacking us.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I've never seen a police or fire department holding charities for themselves. All the "fill the boot" charities I did while firefighting was for a specific medical cause, ie: cancer, aids, ms, etc.
    Same here, except for one particular drive to get the local department some infrared cameras after some kids died in a house fire.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by MossyHead View Post
    re: "you enjoy many benefits because of us ..." No I don't, that's a myth and I don't buy it. I don't owe any of you, unless you're a WWII vet, which I doubt, a damn thing. These emblems should convey MIC (Military Industrial Complex) all over them, not anything related to true American patriotism. You guys are part of the government parasite problem - bs'ing the folks into holding you up in high esteem - basically for cash, top gov jobs, etc...
    TRANSLATION: You couldn't pass the entrance exam and it still pisses you off to this day, so you overcompensate with this immature tirade against the military. That's okay. Don't feel bad. Not everybody has what it takes to make it in.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by MossyHead View Post
    lol (Luke, are you going to ban me for "lol?") - guess the concept of free speech is getting more and more scutinized - synonym for scrutiny? censorship - wow, what a great constitutional American you are gunnerbob!
    Just to meet you at your level of accusation, here's my email address by which we can arrange a personal meeting to discuss these issues - just want you to know that I back my words to the ultimate degree, face to face - [email protected] - let's meet! coffee is on me!
    Son, I'd fold you like a piece of paper. I'm not going to spend money to meet you, just to kick your @ss... you are the most immature forum member we've had in a looong time. You should be proud, everyone thinks you're an idiot. Please, go away troll... you're not going to have an impact on our thought processes here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by MossyHead View Post
    re: "you enjoy many benefits because of us ..." No I don't, that's a myth and I don't buy it. I don't owe any of you, unless you're a WWII vet, which I doubt, a damn thing. These emblems should convey MIC (Military Industrial Complex) all over them, not anything related to true American patriotism. You guys are part of the government parasite problem - bs'ing the folks into holding you up in high esteem - basically for cash, top gov jobs, etc.. Fortunately, I'm retired from the private sector and am not affected by your phony affirmative action scam over non military employees. You and gunnerbob and all who gather round with your name-calling and gang-up mentality upon me (which your good ol boy admin 'Luke' fully endorsed by allowing gunnerbob to literally threaten me) on anybody who challenges you simply makes my case. You're phony and not deserving of what real soldiers used to be.
    You're disgusting.

    Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast