Kansas Residents Call for a 2nd 2nd Amendment

Thread: Kansas Residents Call for a 2nd 2nd Amendment

Kansas Residents Call for a 2nd 2nd Amendment

Well this is kind of cool. Kind of redundant though. But at least Kansas is trying to be proactive.

Kansas Residents Call for a 2nd 2nd Amendment - Guns.com
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Interesting Peggy. Being that you are from Kansas, could you please keep us abreast of any developments with this?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

My native state of WV added a 2M to the state constitution back in the 80s. I believe that Kentucky has the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Interesting Peggy. Being that you are from Kansas, could you please keep us abreast of any developments with this?
    Sure, supposedly we're going to be able to vote on it in November.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    My native state of WV added a 2M to the state constitution back in the 80s. I believe that Kentucky has the same thing.
    Florida has it in the body of our Constitution.
    SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.—
    (a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.
    (b) There shall be a mandatory period of three days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, between the purchase and delivery at retail of any handgun. For the purposes of this section, “purchase” means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer, and “handgun” means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver. Holders of a concealed weapon permit as prescribed in Florida law shall not be subject to the provisions of this paragraph.
    (c) The legislature shall enact legislation implementing subsection (b) of this section, effective no later than December 31, 1991, which shall provide that anyone violating the provisions of subsection (b) shall be guilty of a felony.
    (d) This restriction shall not apply to a trade in of another handgun.
    History.—Am. C.S. for S.J.R. 43, 1989; adopted 1990.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.