Student Suspended For Advocating Gun Rights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student Suspended For Advocating Gun Rights

Student Suspended For Advocating Gun Rights

Here's an example of why to be cautious of bills like the "Veterans Disarmament" Act. This student was suspended and the college has ordered him to have a mental health evaluation.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=58082

A good reason why the term 'gun nut' might be undesirable to use in the near future, even as a humorous term of endearment.

Let's start a new term... howabout place the insinuation of instability on antis, like: "Defenseless Whacko"

The best defense is a good offense, and we would be remiss if we ignored common terminology as a battle-ground.

Quote Originally Posted by molonlabetn View Post
    A good reason why the term 'gun nut' might be undesirable to use in the near future, even as a humorous term of endearment.

The best defense is a good offense, and we would be remiss if we ignored common terminology as a battle-ground.
    Excellent point, molonabetn.

I suggest the term 'constitutionalist' as a replacement. It allows the easy rejoinder "Why, are you against the constitution or something?".

The link is not working for me.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Quote Originally Posted by rabywk View Post
    The link is not working for me.
    Try this one, I know they are both the same but the first doesn't work for me anymore and this one does:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=58082

7. Outrageous!

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

So the school does not honor 1st or 2nd amandment rights either. You would think a Christian school would know better seeing as how we have had the 1st amendment misquoted so manytimes trying to tell us that it calls for seperation of church and state.

WOW, that is all I can say about this story!
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

This was added as a resonse on another site and adds some more info:

http://www.news.com/8301-13578_3-979...ews&tag=2547-1

"He's refusing (to have the evaluation)," Shibley said of Scheffler. "They haven't justified to him, or to us, the need for a psychological evaluation. It's a very intrusive way to regulate someone's behavior or beliefs."
    Good for him! Maybe he can get some people fired for denying him his 1st and 2nd amendment rights! I might make a donation to "Fire" in his behalf! Crap like this must stop!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast