Pelosi: Nothing left to cut in budget – ‘the cupboard is bare’ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pelosi: Nothing left to cut in budget – ‘the cupboard is bare’

Agreed. I also appreciate that you didn't use "the separation of church and state" line that appears no where in the Constitution. As I said, I support your contention that churches should not receive a tax exemption. That exemption limits the free speech rights of those within the church. But I do object to this total prohibition of religion in public. Even the courts have generally held that the mention or display of religion in public does not constitute the establishment of religion as discussed by our founders.

3. Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    ...But I do object to this total prohibition of religion in public. Even the courts have generally held that the mention or display of religion in public does not constitute the establishment of religion as discussed by our founders.
    There is no prohibition on expression of religion in public. Reports that there are generally fall into one of three categories: (1) the expression occurred in a non-public forum, i.e., private property in which the owner prohibits all speech in order to keep it from becoming a public forum (2) cases of ignorant individual action, for example the always highly-publicized cases of principals and teachers sending a kid home for wearing a Jesus t-shirt (3) wildly exaggerated, even fabricated accounts in activist christian media as part of the perpetuation of the idea of there being a "war on religion."

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Interesting.... many presidents have had terms where their debt didn't rise $7 trillion in five years...oh wait.... NO president has ever done that. Could it be that this president,the president who was going to get the House and the Senate to come together, can't get a friggin' budget passed? To say there is nothing left to cut when this has been the presidency of spending is a crock of ____fill__in__term__here____.
    This sign applies to 0bama. Our cow died so we don't need your bull. Well it won't be long before his cash cow dies.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    He is atheist and has absolutely no tolerance for anything to do with religion. This perfectly illustrates the tolerance of the left for opposing views.

I am, however, inclined to agree about the tax breaks. If churches were completely independent of the government, they would be able to speak out about the immorality and evil that we find in government. Environmentalism and groups supporting it should also get no tax breaks since these fanatics treat their beliefs as religion. This would apply to any number of liberal causes that reach the level of fanaticism.
    Now that I could get behind
    Be careful when you follow the MASSES, sometimes the M is silent.

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    ...But I do object to this total prohibition of religion in public. Even the courts have generally held that the mention or display of religion in public does not constitute the establishment of religion as discussed by our founders.
    There is no prohibition on expression of religion in public. Reports that there are generally fall into one of three categories: (1) the expression occurred in a non-public forum, i.e., private property in which the owner prohibits all speech in order to keep it from becoming a public forum (2) cases of ignorant individual action, for example the always highly-publicized cases of principals and teachers sending a kid home for wearing a Jesus t-shirt (3) wildly exaggerated, even fabricated accounts in activist christian media as part of the perpetuation of the idea of there being a "war on religion."
    Yes I do know and stated that there is no official prohibition of public displays and expressions of religion. But there does seem to be an unlimited supply of ignorance. And the media seems to be in the business of creating a plentiful supply of ignorance. There are also organizations, both religious and atheist, that take advantageous the ignorance and intolerance for fund-raising purposes

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    How about cutting the ammo and gun purchases for IRS and Social Security Administration, among others not involved with Military or Police services. Why does the Social Services Administration need guns and hundreds of thousands of rounds?
    Because they "will be involved" in the Military & Police services when the time comes.

~ You Reap What You Sow, More Than What You Sow, Later Than You Sow ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

The IRS which will enforce 0bamacare is now accused of losing 67 Million dollars. Just think how much more they can lose when they add 2000 more agents due to the AHA. And they'll show up at your door to extract those AHA dollars armed to the teeth. Lock and load as the gov't is coming for all you own
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12