Senator Cruz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senator Cruz

Senator Cruz

Right now, Ted is not technically conducting a filibuster. However, he is speaking on Obamacare and bringing to light many problems both Obamacare and the government in general. Support him. Call your Senators and have them support him. He is one of the few elected officials that gets it. He is attempting to stand for our rights. He deserves a few minutes of your time to call your representatives and let your voice be heard.
    Chief

Not that calling Giilibrand's office accomplishes anything, but that never seems to stop me. Senator Cruz seems like a decent man. For a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    Not that calling Giilibrand's office accomplishes anything, but that never seems to stop me. Senator Cruz seems like a decent man. For a politician.
    ANY of them, that are willing to put their face on the sound-bite that supports the American people is worth expending some effort to support. It is all we have left.
    Chief

We will also find which politicians don't care what the people think. They need to be removed from office as soon as possible for supporting an unconstitutional law. And no, I don't care what Roberts thinks. He was either bribed or blackmailed into supporting this law. I was not aware that God descended from Heaven and anointed 9 attorneys with the devine wisdom to decide the rights that were bestowed upon the people of this nation.

Howdy,

Cruz is an idiot.

Really?

He's trying to milk a dead stallion.

He can stand up there for the next week and it will not accomplish anything.

All he is doing is grandstanding for a few simpletons.

AHA, aka ObamaCare, is a Federal Law plain and simple like it or not.

People like Cruz wants to pick and choose with laws they like or don't like and enforce the ones they like and ignore the ones they don't like.

This is want crooked cops and dirty politicians do.

If you don't like a law, change it. If you take actions to bypass a law you're a criminal.

Pretty simple.

Cruz is wasting his time but I did enjoy hearing him read "Sam, I am".

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    AHA, aka ObamaCare, is a Federal Law plain and simple like it or not. You are correct. How is it that the Executive Branch (ie. Obama) can supersede your federal law by granting waivers and exemptions to his buddies? What about postponing the Employer Mandate until after the 2014 elections?

People like Cruz wants to pick and choose with laws they like or don't like and enforce the ones they like and ignore the ones they don't like. Really? Did you know that people tasked with enforcing immigration and deportation laws are not being allowed to enforce those laws? This administration has done everything they can to keep illegals here so they can eventually add them to their constituency.

If you don't like a law, change it. If you take actions to bypass a law you're a criminal.

Pretty simple.

Cruz is wasting his time but I did enjoy hearing him read "Sam, I am". You are obviously watching CNN, because they took that out of context (as they always do) he was actually using that as an example of how Americans feel about Obummercare.

Paul
    If you actually turn on CSPAN and listen to what he is saying, last night he was making very good points about why the law should be repealed.
    Chief

Really; Ted Cruz is disingenuous? What laws does he chose not to enforce? In fact it is a big surprises to me that Senators are tasked with enforcing laws. As far as I know Ted Cruz has ,maintained consistent positions on every principle on whIch he has taken a stance. And they have always been positions supported by the Constitution. Could you please name a perfect Senator that takes a position and maintains that position despite withering criticism from his own party.

Obama care is going to be the most destructive law ever passed by Congress. It will throw this country into another Great Depression. It may even totally collapse the economy. And it will be too late by the time people fInd out what it's going to mean. If Obama Care is so wonderful why have our legislators exempted themselves and their staffs? Why have the unions, who championed Obama Care, demanded exemptions? Perhaps we should ask why big corporations, who make large political contributions, received their exemptions from the employer mandate. I will support anyone who is not too cowardly to take principled position.

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Cruz is an idiot.

Really?

He's trying to milk a dead stallion.

He can stand up there for the next week and it will not accomplish anything.

All he is doing is grandstanding for a few simpletons.

AHA, aka ObamaCare, is a Federal Law plain and simple like it or not.

People like Cruz wants to pick and choose with laws they like or don't like and enforce the ones they like and ignore the ones they don't like.

Pretty simple.

Cruz is wasting his time but I did enjoy hearing him read "Sam, I am".

Paul
    Ted Cruz is doing exactly what he promised to do when he was elected by the people of his state. People like Cruz want to pick and choose the laws they like and don't like? What do you think Obama has been doing for the last five years? Obama Care is unconstitutional, then was made to appear constitutional by an unconstitutional act in the SCOTUS. It should be repealed. You liberals can't handle freedom.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    Obama care is going to be the most destructive law ever passed by Congress. It will throw this country into another Great Depression. It may even totally collapse the economy. And it will be too late by the time people fInd out what it's going to mean.
    FWIW... my son-in-law is a CPA and one of my best friends has a tax prep business and is an IRS Enrolled Agent; both receive various and sundry trade and business publications. The general consensus among the submissions (no, they're not from radical right wing over the top Tea Partiers - just actuaries, tax attorney's, and medical professionals) to these publications concerning the PPACA is that it's full implementation is quite capable of genuinely bringing the entire economy down. The combination of government price fixes, subsidies, bureaucratic bumbling (by incompetence or design), crony capitalism, misallocation of resources, IRS meddling, and unintended consequences when applied to 17% of our economy may be more than an already weakened system can bear.

Oh, and I think StenGun is MossyHead's troll cousin... my .02 on that.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast