Someone needs a punch in the mouth... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Someone needs a punch in the mouth...

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Sounds impressive. Of course it's completely meaningless in this context but it does make an interesting sound byte of the type people love to parrot.
    Meaningless in the context that I asked about a carry permit and he replied he carries the Constitution? Or in the context of the OP?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    You guys are missing what Firefighterchen was getting at. The above post, sounds all great and patriotic. What a guy. But if you have a government issued permission slip to carry your weapon however you choose, and went through whatever loopholes required to get it, you are obeying an unconstitutional law. You are bowing to an infringement.
    I didn't miss anything here. Not one thing. The truth is, my permit is a means to an end and it doesn't take much imagination to figure out what I mean by that. What happened here is that YOU and 'Chen popped off to someone either of you know anything about. Neither of you know me, have any clue as to how long I have had my permit, or how long I have even given a sh!t. 'Chen is doing his usual "talking down" to people. His prerogative. You, unfortunately, are talking to us like we are stupid. Again, your prerogative.

Now then... 'Chen decided to use the words "fight to the death". His words, not mine. The truth is, that's not my intention at all. I'm just not willing to discuss what's personal to me as to what I mean by "questioning my resolve" and my response to that. That's my prerogative.

If either of you really want to know, make the trip, otherwise, STFU.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    I didn't miss anything here. Not one thing. The truth is, my permit is a means to an end and it doesn't take much imagination to figure out what I mean by that. What happened here is that YOU and 'Chen popped off to someone either of you know anything about. Neither of you know me, have any clue as to how long I have had my permit, or how long I have even given a sh!t. 'Chen is doing his usual "talking down" to people. His prerogative. You, unfortunately, are talking to us like we are stupid. Again, your prerogative.

Now then... 'Chen decided to use the words "fight to the death". His words, not mine. The truth is, that's not my intention at all. I'm just not willing to discuss what's personal to me as to what I mean by "questioning my resolve" and my response to that. That's my prerogative.

If either of you really want to know, make the trip, otherwise, STFU.
    I asked a legitimate question. If that made you feel as if i popped off to you, maybe you have some pent up aggression you should get help for.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Nope. There has to be 67 Senators that vote "Yea" not just 2/3rds of those present.

Here's a link to a document that you should read: United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It has a few "interesting" tidbits of info.

Paul
    Wiki vs Constitution. Wiki loses.
    He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur;
    Does it get any clearer than the actual words themselves? Key word is in red. The Constitution was written long before the Senate had even 50 Senators. If we were to add another state, it would still be 2/3rds present needed even though we would then have 102 Senators elected.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

In response to #11 whodat:

The problem with the treaty is not that the blue-helmets will arrive here and start performing house-to-house searches while Obama and Kerry stand by and applaud. That would be the beginning of Civil War II. The problem is that treaties are law, and Obama or any other President could argue that this or that or whatever infringement on firearms is required to honor a treaty that the nation made. Now if the Senate does not ratify the treaty, then it's all purely symbolic. (And the Senate will not ratify this treaty.)

Remember what vice-presidential candidate Geraldine Ferraro said when asked whether signing some international human rights treaty (which Walter Mondale had promised to sign) would subjugate U.S. law to international law. Her response: "You bet it would!"

I am entertained...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123