Someone needs a punch in the mouth...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone needs a punch in the mouth...

Someone needs a punch in the mouth...

Chief

Well, they need 67 votes in the Senate to ratify, so its doubtful at this point that will happen.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    Well, they need 67 votes in the Senate to ratify, so its doubtful at this point that will happen.
    2/3rds of Senators present. That can be a number less than 67 and still be legal.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

The 2nd Amendment defines "legitimate purposes" well enough for me, so I'm not that concerned. They can sign treaties 'til they're blue in the face - or dead.

Maybe the senate can use reconciliation again and force another unpopular law onto the American subjects
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    2/3rds of Senators present. That can be a number less than 67 and still be legal.
    Nope. There has to be 67 Senators that vote "Yea" not just 2/3rds of those present.

Here's a link to a document that you should read: United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It has a few "interesting" tidbits of info.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    ME ME ME !!!! I'll do it! Please let me do it... I want to punch somebody in the mouth.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Errrr...three words come to mind.. Fast and Furious. So Gun Shy Kerry and Mao Bama along with ATF with the DOJ invested idiots won't be able to conduct transfer of weapons to countries with human rights violations.
    -
    OK, glad we have that cleared up!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Didn't Clinton sign some UN treaty like this but the Senate would not ratify it?

Since ratification could not get even 50 votes in today's Senate, maybe Obama will issue an "executive order" that the treaty must be honored.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast