Will the UN ban that was signed effect me, in Florida, in any way?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the UN ban that was signed effect me, in Florida, in any way?

1. Will the UN ban that was signed effect me, in Florida, in any way?

All of the firearm sites and facebook pages I am a member of, which is alot, seem to be trying to scare me. I am not sure what the UN ban is, so I dont know if it will even effect me. Can someone please break it down for me........if you know what your talking about only please!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using USA Carry mobile app

This site should help you out.

UNODA - Small Arms and Light Weapons

In a very vague nutshell the UN is trying to establish an International way for small arms to be able to be traded with International oversight. Some of the discussion has been made to register all firearms in the world so they know what is out there already. Please read for yourself, since there is much interpretation about this.

However, regardless of what they say, no entity may reign supreme over our Constitution, which is why many firearms sites and facebook pages are completely against it. The UN has been a scourge to the United States on multiple levels. They see an injustice and who do they call on; us. Then who gets the blame when we do what they ask; us. The organization needs to go... it needs to get its headquarters out of our country and it needs to leave us alone.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

It is unlikely that this treaty will ever see the 2/3 majority it will take to approve it in the senate. Still some suggest that the administration may try to implement parts of it via executive order. It truly remains to be seen, but given this administration's position on gun control it seems a reasonable hypothesis. Frankly, I am to old to allow myself to be disarmed, yet young enough to defy such efforts. I think they know that will not work, so it is likely they will attempt small incremental restrictions -as in "boiling the frog". It is clearly the time to draw the line we will not cross.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    This site should help you out.

UNODA - Small Arms and Light Weapons

In a very vague nutshell the UN is trying to establish an International way for small arms to be able to be traded with International oversight. Some of the discussion has been made to register all firearms in the world so they know what is out there already. Please read for yourself, since there is much interpretation about this.

However, regardless of what they say, no entity may reign supreme over our Constitution, which is why many firearms sites and facebook pages are completely against it. The UN has been a scourge to the United States on multiple levels. They see an injustice and who do they call on; us. Then who gets the blame when we do what they ask; us. The organization needs to go... it needs to get its headquarters out of our country and it needs to leave us alone.
    And if the US pulled out of the UN, how long before they would go broke?
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    And if the US pulled out of the UN, how long before they would go broke?
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Broke. While the US owes a sum of money to the UN, if the US pulled our troops out, it would collapse.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Secretary Kerry's signature means nothing in-of-itself. The Senate must approve (any) treaty by a super-majority.

There is currently ZERO chance that a majority would be reached, much less a super-majority.

I will not comment on the treaty, as I have not read the final, approved treaty.

I'd be real careful saying that nothing can reign supreme over The Constitution. That's what treaties do: subordinate the sovereignty of the signatories.

Quote Originally Posted by Geosan1030 View Post
    Secretary Kerry's signature means nothing in-of-itself. The Senate must approve (any) treaty by a super-majority.

There is currently ZERO chance that a majority would be reached, much less a super-majority.

I will not comment on the treaty, as I have not read the final, approved treaty.

I'd be real careful saying that nothing can reign supreme over The Constitution. That's what treaties do: subordinate the sovereignty of the signatories.
    Our Constitution says that a treaty is only valid if it goes along with the Constitution. Makes no difference if the President ( note that ) signs it or if the Senate by a 2/3rds vote of those Senators present approve it if it violates the Constitution. Too many Liberals have tried to subjugate the Constitution to their opinion on treaties.

( Note) Kerry is not the President so it doesn't even make it to the first level yet.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

9. Too bad that since the gov't is "shut down" we cant make and import as many "assalt rifles" as we want!

With government shut down, and since we found out we pay in excess of 1.5 million needless folks, two things, no funding for UN, and don't rehire someone not needed. UN gun ban dead in the water, did I use Dead? Wonder if that offended anyone.

It isn't the UN treaty that's a danger. Kerry's signature means nothing and ratification is not going to happen. It is our President and his executive orders that are a danger. Our president thinks that he is dictator who is able to rule by decree. And Obama will claim that the executive orders will be necessary for the U.S. to he brouht into compliance with international norms. He can not constitutionally alter the Bill of Rights. The real danger is a very unpredictable Supreme Court. In the Heller decision the right to keep and bear arms was only upheld in a 5 to 4 decision. This is by no means a comfortable margin. And if SCOTUS goes against us that only leaves redress directly by the people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast