McAuliffe: 'I'm Going to Push' for More Gun Control if Elected VA Governor

Thread: McAuliffe: 'I'm Going to Push' for More Gun Control if Elected VA Governor

by Tony Lee 25 Sep 2013

On Wednesday, Virginia gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe, a Democrat, said he would "push" for more gun control if he is elected governor in a debate with Republican Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli.

McAuliffe invoked the Washington Navy Yard, Aurora, and Newtown tragedies and asked, "How many people have to be killed until we wake up to have sensible gun ownership?"

He said he was "dismayed with United States Senate this year" for not bringing up a bill which was co-sponsored by Sens. Pat Toomey (R-PA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) that would have mandated universal background checks.

"As governor, I'm going to push," McAuliffe said. "We need universal background checks for everyone to keep our loved ones safe."

Cuccinelli mentioned that McAuliffe was the only candidate among the six running statewide who has received an "F" grade from the NRA. After the Colorado recall of State Senators John Morse and Angela Giron, McAuliffe vowed to bring Colorado-style gun control laws to Virginia.

In addition, McAuliffe reportedly met with outgoing New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg at the end of August. Bloomberg gave $350,000 to his Mayors Against Illegal Guns group to back the two Colorado state senators who were recalled. Bloomberg also called Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, a Democrat, on two occasions before he signed the gun control legislation into law that ultimately led to the recall of Morse and Giron.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Virginia isn't as red a state as it used to be, and I believe antis are sensing that and as a result, they aren't as shy as they once were about making their position known.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Let's hope it's still red enough that this libtard doesn't get close to that chair (except to maybe vacuum the rug underneath it).
    'I God, Woodrow, it's been quite a party, ain't it?

I've posted this every where I can, please pass this onto everyone you all know, This guy won't be good for Virginia.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

6. McAuliffe: 'I'm Going to Push' for More Gun Control if Elected VA Governor

Maybe they will "push" to make sure he doesn't get elected.

Absolutely need to get rid of this utopian individual
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    Let's hope it's still red enough that this libtard doesn't get close to that chair (except to maybe vacuum the rug underneath it).
    I'm with you. I have relatives in Va that are very pro-gun and they are doing everything that they can to defeat McAuliffe.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Yeah - background checks really worked didn't they? The Navy Yard shooting was carried out with a legally-purchased shotgun. Just goes to show you that anything devised by humans will fail.

It is absolutely essential that McAuliffe be defeated. Virginia will be a model for the gun banners if he wins. This is the home state of the majority of the NRA employees who work in the national headquarters in Washington.