H.R.822 - National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H.R.822 - National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act????

Quote Originally Posted by nontechguy View Post
    Until we get Constitutional Carry nationwide,
    CCW (or whatever your state calls it) should have the same respect given to drivers licenses now.
    Except for the fact there aren't states that limit the amount of miles you drive on their roads at one time... there aren't massively different training programs in order to get your driver's license, and there aren't limitations as to which cars you can drive in which states.

And the biggest reason why what you said is false is that the 2nd Amendment tells the government that we the people have an inalienable right to keep and bear arms of all types and this right shall never be infringed. So go after your states and demand you get Constitutional carry back and quit settling for a "permission slip". Once every state does this, then there is no need for any reciprocity.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

3. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I was just about to hit "Like" next to your post until you added your opinion. Your facts are spot on from what I recall happening to the bill. But then, you say you wish us all to call our legislators and plead and beg for a National Right to Carry. Why in the world would you want to delegate more power and control to the Federal government in overseeing what is supposed to be a right in this country? Why in the world would you want to empower the Federal government more than it is on such a important right? Why would you think that having the Federal government control something like this would actually turn out to be a good thing for us?

I'm going to shout more loudly than weissr and say "Thank God the Senate let this die". Do NOT call your legislators and do NOT try to get this resurrected. What we all should be doing is contacting our State legislators and having our unnecessary infringements and privilege card laws stricken from the books. Demand that our right is restored fully, and NOT to add any more bureaucratic nonsense like a Federally controlled reciprocity act. Be ware of giving up your rights for a MERE convenience. I'd rather struggle traveling now, and keep chipping away at our state laws that are infringements than add new Federal Laws that would eventually infringe more-so.

Think of the path a Federally controlled reciprocity would naturally have to go. VT, we are going to have a national reciprocity, but CA doesn't like that you just allow anyone to carry in any fashion... so we are going to demand that your citizenry start paying $350/year for a newly constructed permit system and they have to go through 8 hours of training. How does that sound? You think VT is going to take that? Or how about CA? Oh, CA you have to accept anyone from VT to carry any way they feel in your state and they don't have to have a magazine limit. No, CA won't take that either. So what will happen is the Feds will decide on how to make the infringements equal across the board. That is a much scarier proposition than trying to figure out how to travel under our current system.

We have all the law we need concerning firearms... it's the 2nd Amendment... demand that it be restored from your legislators.
    This is wise thinking because it is true that when the FEDerals take over the rights of states the issue and the individual right in question becomes simpler to regulate. We do already have the second amendment but the current vacationer in chief picks and chooses what is enforced and what is not. While a national reciprocity law sounds great on the surface, I think a constitutional amendment to punish state agencies for violating second amendment rights may at least make it riskier.

Quote Originally Posted by Handycraft View Post
    This is wise thinking because it is true that when the FEDerals take over the rights of states the issue and the individual right in question becomes simpler to regulate. We do already have the second amendment but the current vacationer in chief picks and chooses what is enforced and what is not. While a national reciprocity law sounds great on the surface, I think a constitutional amendment to punish state agencies for violating second amendment rights may at least make it riskier.
    Just like gun laws don't work because criminals don't obey laws, a Constitutional amendment wont work because those criminals don't obey the Constitution.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Just like gun laws don't work because criminals don't obey laws, a Constitutional amendment wont work because those criminals don't obey the Constitution.
    I agree. But something has to be done to keep constitutional citizens from political and law enforcement harassment in reaction to exercising 2nd amendment rights. Right now, no one imprisons, fines or has been very successful at civil suits against rogue state agencies that set political targets on constitutional, responsible gun owners. Maybe what has to be done is to reconfigure the Supreme Court (term limits) Check out Mark Levin's book, 'The Liberty Amendments'.

By the way, I just read 'Emily Gets Her Gun' by Washington Times reporter, Emily Miller. I highly recommend it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12