I Don't Get It

Thread: I Don't Get It

I Don't Get It

They don't have the money to let web sites run, or pay DOJ civilians, but they consider Park Service workers to be "essential"? How else could they explain having these guys available to erect fences around the WW2 memorial today.

Obama and his administration are an*l pores.

Dunno... they might be volunteers to close up shop until the government comes back.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Dunno... they might be volunteers to close up shop until the government comes back.
    Actually, it's against the law to "volunteer" to work for the feds (in this context). The law is something like 150 years old or some such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    Actually, it's against the law to "volunteer" to work for the feds (in this context). The law is something like 150 years old or some such thing.
    Interesting, I heard the FBI was working without pay during this. I could be wrong... if anyone knows and can cite a source, I'd love to hear.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)