The Shutdown – How Low Can a Cockroach Go???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Shutdown – How Low Can a Cockroach Go???

By: Craig Andresen

The WWII Memorial in Washington DC, according to its website, “was funded almost entirely by private contributions, as specified in Public Law 103-32. The campaign received more than $197 million in cash and pledges. Support came from hundreds of thousands of individual Americans, hundreds of corporations and foundations, veterans groups, dozens of civic, fraternal and professional organizations, states and one territory, and students in 1,200 schools across the country.”

That Memorial sits in the open air, along a sidewalk.

Also, according to the website: “The memorial opened to the public on April 29, 2004 and was dedicated one month later on May 29. It is located on 17th Street, between Constitution and Independence Avenues, and is flanked by the Washington Monument to the east and the Lincoln Memorial to the west. The memorial is operated by the National Park Service and is open to visitors 24 hours a day, seven days a week.”

That means that, regardless of the hours of operation of the government, whether the government is open or shut down…The WWII Memorial in Washington is OPEN to visitors.

There is, however, one exception.

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA.

It was on the orders of the white house that the WWII Memorial be closed on Tuesday and…The white house, the park police and the Department of the Interior were all well aware that a group of WWII Vets were on their way to the Memorial, via an Honor Flight, arranged a year ago, and they all REJECTED the special consideration request of Congressman Steven Palazzo to allow those heroes to see the monument.
    BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA…IN ORDER TO MAKE A POLITICAL POINT…ORDERED THE WWII MEMORIAL CLOSED AND HAD BARRICADES PLACED AROUND IT COMPLETE WITH POLICE TAPE!!!

And the cockroach stooped.

Congressman Palazzo and Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, who happened to be on her morning walk on Tuesday…Upon seeing the barricades and the Veterans getting off a bus…enacted perhaps one of the most poignant moments ever seen at that memorial.

THEY TOOK DOWN THE BARRICADES, REMOVED THE POLICE TAPE AND, WITH FLAGS WAVING IN THE HANDS OF THOSE WWII HEROES…THEY USHERED THEM THROUGH THE MEMORIAL!!!!!

The Shutdown ? How Low Can a Cockroach Go??? | Lady Patriots
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Obama will do anything to inconvenience the people of the United States. Of course it's never his or the democrats fault. Evan Harry Ried can tell a reporter "Why would I want to save the life of a child with cancer" and get a pass. Had a republican made a statement like that he would have been run out of town, but not a democrat like Harry Ried.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

He shows his disdain for veterans while, at the same time, uses the emotional impact that they can arouse for strictly political purposes. Another irony is, as Opsec pointed out, this memorial is open 24/7, so comrade obama not only very arrogantly slighted and disgraced the very people who sacrificed much to allow him the freedom he had to rise to where he is, more resources were expended in CLOSING this open memorial.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Summer hobby is boating on the Bay and Lake Michigan.
    Winter hobby is driving that Jeep off the sides of mountains.

I think a march on Washington is just what Zero wants. How better to put Martial Law into place? The first march will have unarmed marchers. The second march won't be the same.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Rand Paul said that 7 Park Police were stationed to prevent access to the memorial (usually has none), which is 2 more guards that were in place at the Benghazi consulate on 9/11/12.
    "One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."
    Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
    Suggestions by Domineaux | Texas Gun Forum

It's so strange what's being funded anyway and what's not. If I didn't know better I'd say it was all out of spite. (It is.) The things that mean the most to the patriots and conservatives are the only things that are being shut down. I can't really say "not funded" because many of them were supported by private funds and donations. He is blocking things that have nothing to do with federal funds. Only because he can and he's getting away with it.
    Even the Amber Alert government web site is shut down. Although the dot com version is still up and I believe the individual state sites are still up too.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Domineaux View Post
    Rand Paul said that 7 Park Police were stationed to prevent access to the memorial (usually has none), which is 2 more guards that were in place at the Benghazi consulate on 9/11/12.
    And that is 6 or 7 more than normally are there in the first place. Wasting funds, the 0bama way.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    It's so strange what's being funded anyway and what's not. If I didn't know better I'd say it was all out of spite. (It is.) The things that mean the most to the patriots and conservatives are the only things that are being shut down. I can't really say "not funded" because many of them were supported by private funds and donations. He is blocking things that have nothing to do with federal funds. Only because he can and he's getting away with it.
    Even the Amber Alert government web site is shut down. Although the dot com version is still up and I believe the individual state sites are still up too.
    For as long as I can remember, even before I followed politics I’ve noticed that the liberals, when they were upset or making an “argument,” tended to try to evoke emotion. I always felt that it was because they were so “passionate.” I finally came to understand that this tactic was used because they were almost always light on facts and cared nothing for logic or history.

If you think about it, any time there’s a budget argument especially; democrats ALWAYS resort to their FAVORITE tactic: Scaring senior citizens! ALWAYS!

Then, in order to evoke the MOST emotion and anger or sympathy, they pull out the “damage that will occur to VETERANS” card! Or, that MEDICARE is in great jeopardy. Of course, if whatever they (dems) want DOESN’T happen the “poor little children will suffer, and it won’t be OUR fault!”
    Which leads to their favorite hate target in recent years and that is the “Tea Party.” Dems AND Republicans, that is to say, the “old-style-politics good-old-boy” club of Congress are absolutely furious and scared to death of the Tea Party. Why are they scared of an organization that really isn’t an organization but a set of ideals or ideas? BECAUSE THEY CANNOT CONTROL IT!

The Tea Party is comprised, primarily of retired SENIORS and veterans who, unlike their favorite target the “low information voter,” are well educated, well informed and, IMO, the antithesis of the large voting bloc controlled by the AARP. They have the time to keep pol’s feet to the fire and, this is NOT something that the old time career politicians want any part of!

So, staying true to form, they select the most well-known, emotion evoking targets they can find and close them down just so that they can stir up anger among the people and transfer that emotion it from themselves who, after all, are absolutely IGNORING any attempt from the right to come to a settlement on these budget issues.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Very well said, Denny. Even though the more rational and effective cuts could be made elsewhere, they wouldn't have the emotional impact of the seniors, vets, military, and children.
    In some cases they're spending more to implement their cuts than they would have spent if they'd left them alone. Makes a lot of sense.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast