58 year old man who wanted to obtain the Obamacare bronze plan. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 58 year old man who wanted to obtain the Obamacare bronze plan.

So... no government-assisted health care at all? You can't afford private you don't get health care?

I agree the government should be smaller, and most places they have no business being. What I can't get past, though, are the kids. They're innocent, and have no control over whether Daddy lost his job because the company downsized or Mommy is a druggie. I just met a couple who had to sell their guns so they could take their kid to the hospital. Now the wife has no carry gun.

What we've got now isn't good enough. ACA is worse. Government-run everything is pretty... well, horrible. There's got to be some alternative out there. I'm not actually trying to argue here; I'm just the type that hates complaining without offering a solution.

Anyone else have any ideas, even a bad one (like mine)? Maybe we could turn a bad idea into something better. Maybe if we find something, we could eventually get enough people to believe in it, and if that happens, maybe we could make things better. Yeah, it's one heck of a long shot, but the government sure isn't going to find anything, so someone has to try.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

I'm not advocating anything here but some of the statistics about U.S. healthcare are sobering and access (note Japan) and outcomes in other countries rival our system:
    - T.R. Reid - 5 Myths About Health Care Around the World - Washington Post
    - Some of David Goldhill's concepts aren't bad either: How American Health Care Killed My Father - David Goldhill - The Atlantic

I'm not for socialized anything but this country's medical system could use a serious overhaul. One of our largest problem is government interventions and 3rd party payments but with cronyism and price fixes from various sectors the U.S. will continue to overcharge and under produce in the medical profession. No question, the United States is THE frontrunner in some areas of medicine - neo-natal and cancer treatment comes to mind - but our medical industry can also destroy quality of life (e.g. bankrupting families) due to the cost of an inefficient system. Obviously, there are many, many factors in a complex mechanism but as telpinaro said, "so someone has to try".
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Howdy Navy Seal,

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    I'm retired from the Naval service .
    You said on a different thread that you were retired from the Army.

Now you're trying to pose as a Navy Seal again.

What a disgrace.

I know I'm not the only Veteran on this forum and you would think that they would be tired and disgusted as I am for you posing as a Veteran and a Navy Seal.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Stengun, When in the hell did ANYONE promote you a the guardian of this GD Webb site, I've never said I was ex Army, I was in the Navy period and retired from there,. and I've cleared up your stupid A$$ navy seal BS in the past. If this is all you've got to contribute to this Webb site, well go for it and at least let other people have their say without your Fing two cents worth in it.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by MI .45 View Post
    I'm not advocating anything here but some of the statistics about U.S. healthcare are sobering and access (note Japan) and outcomes in other countries rival our system:
    - T.R. Reid - 5 Myths About Health Care Around the World - Washington Post
    - Some of David Goldhill's concepts aren't bad either: How American Health Care Killed My Father - David Goldhill - The Atlantic
    Nice links. Definitely food for thought.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    So... no government-assisted health care at all? You can't afford private you don't get health care?

I agree the government should be smaller, and most places they have no business being. What I can't get past, though, are the kids. They're innocent, and have no control over whether Daddy lost his job because the company downsized or Mommy is a druggie. I just met a couple who had to sell their guns so they could take their kid to the hospital. Now the wife has no carry gun.

What we've got now isn't good enough. ACA is worse. Government-run everything is pretty... well, horrible. There's got to be some alternative out there. I'm not actually trying to argue here; I'm just the type that hates complaining without offering a solution.

Anyone else have any ideas, even a bad one (like mine)? Maybe we could turn a bad idea into something better. Maybe if we find something, we could eventually get enough people to believe in it, and if that happens, maybe we could make things better. Yeah, it's one heck of a long shot, but the government sure isn't going to find anything, so someone has to try.
    Back in the day family took care of family and there where charitable organizations that also chipped in. We didn't look to government for bail outs or to make things fare. I agree the system needs an overhaul but we still have the best medical care in the world and everybody has access to it.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

ObamaCare isn't about providing health care... it isn't about affordable health care... it isn't about health care at all. Hell.. it isn't even about Obama. ObamaCare is about one thing and one thing only and that is..

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    -snip-the Government Budget Office said that America will go bankrupt within five years if Obamacare stays in effect.-snip-
    Once America is reduced to bankruptcy and irrelevance on the world stage it will be easy to carve up her carcass and carry off her lands and resources.

The end game of everything that is happening is quite simple... the redistribution of America's wealth from "we the people" to the elites of the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12