America Heading For Civil War?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America Heading For Civil War?

America Heading For Civil War?

The next few paragraphs are only my thoughts on a few things. I am in no way promoting a, "Civil War", or openly stating the fact that I want this great country to fall so deeply into duress. So please do not approach me as such. But I am looking for ANY and ALL, "Serious", opinions on the matter....Thank You

" A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Abe Lincoln used those words in 1858 to describe a country that was careening toward civil war. Now we’re a house divided again and another civil war is eminent if our, "leaders" don't take responsibility for the mess they have created and fix it.

Call it America’s coming civil war between the Makers and the Takers.

On one side are those who create wealth, America’s private sector–the very ones targeted by President Obama’s tax hikes.

On the other are the public employee unions; left-leaning intelligentsia who see the growth of government as index of progress; and the millions of Americans now dependent on government through a growing network of government transfer payments, from Medicaid and Social Security to college loans and corporate bailouts and handouts (think GM and Solyndra).

Over the past century America’s private sector has been the source of productivity, innovation, creativity, and growth–and gave us the iPhone and iPad. The public sector has been the engine of entitlement, stagnation, and decline -- and gave us Detroit and the South Bronx.

The private sector built the strongest economy in the world. It armed the free world in World War Two, and then in the three decades after the war turned America into the most prosperous society history had ever seen. It revived America in the Reagan and Clinton years, and thanks to the Bush tax cuts brought this country back from economic collapse after 9/11.

In those same years a growing public sector, by contrast, turned Europe into a cesspool of debt, stalled economies, and chronic social dysfunction that’s set the streets of Athens -- and perhaps other European capitals--on fire.

That’s where we’re headed, too, more rapidly than we like to think.

That public sector–state, local, and federal -- now consumes 40% of GDP ,compared to 33% just twelve years ago. It’s brought us to the point where 48% of Americans are now on some form of government handout, from 44% when Obama took office–almost a fifth more than during the Reagan years. And too many of them have been programmed to believe they have no future unless the government takes more from the Makers -- precisely what Obama promised on Monday.

So we know which side Obama and the Democratic party are on. Like John Brown’s raid on Harper’s Ferry, ObamaCare has been a wakeup call to what’s at stake–and with this "Government Shutdown", we now know how far Democrats are willing to go to win.

We’re not Greece yet -- or on the brink of Bull Run. But we are now
    a country where more Americans go on Social Security disability than get jobs -- as happened last month--can’t stand.

Lincoln hoped in 1861 that the “angels of our better nature” would pull us back from catastrophe. He was wrong. Let’s hope in 2013/2014 those angels still hover -- and can make a house divided whole once more.

"My Reflex Sight Doesn't See Color Or Religion, Only Targets And Victims"
    -DILLIGAF

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    The next few paragraphs are only my thoughts on a few things. I am in no way promoting a, "Civil War", or openly stating the fact that I want this great country to fall so deeply into duress. So please do not approach me as such. But I am looking for ANY and ALL, "Serious", opinions on the matter....Thank You

Abe Lincoln used those words in 1858 to describe a country that was careening toward civil war. Now we’re a house divided again and another civil war is eminent if our, "leaders" don't take responsibility for the mess they have created and fix it.

Call it America’s coming civil war between the Makers and the Takers.

On one side are those who create wealth, America’s private sector–the very ones targeted by President Obama’s tax hikes.

On the other are the public employee unions; left-leaning intelligentsia who see the growth of government as index of progress; and the millions of Americans now dependent on government through a growing network of government transfer payments, from Medicaid and Social Security to college loans and corporate bailouts and handouts (think GM and Solyndra).

Over the past century America’s private sector has been the source of productivity, innovation, creativity, and growth–and gave us the iPhone and iPad. The public sector has been the engine of entitlement, stagnation, and decline -- and gave us Detroit and the South Bronx.

The private sector built the strongest economy in the world. It armed the free world in World War Two, and then in the three decades after the war turned America into the most prosperous society history had ever seen. It revived America in the Reagan and Clinton years, and thanks to the Bush tax cuts brought this country back from economic collapse after 9/11.

In those same years a growing public sector, by contrast, turned Europe into a cesspool of debt, stalled economies, and chronic social dysfunction that’s set the streets of Athens -- and perhaps other European capitals--on fire.

That’s where we’re headed, too, more rapidly than we like to think.

That public sector–state, local, and federal -- now consumes 40% of GDP ,compared to 33% just twelve years ago. It’s brought us to the point where 48% of Americans are now on some form of government handout, from 44% when Obama took office–almost a fifth more than during the Reagan years. And too many of them have been programmed to believe they have no future unless the government takes more from the Makers -- precisely what Obama promised on Monday.

So we know which side Obama and the Democratic party are on. Like John Brown’s raid on Harper’s Ferry, ObamaCare has been a wakeup call to what’s at stake–and with this "Government Shutdown", we now know how far Democrats are willing to go to win.

We’re not Greece yet -- or on the brink of Bull Run. But we are now
    a country where more Americans go on Social Security disability than get jobs -- as happened last month--can’t stand.

Lincoln hoped in 1861 that the “angels of our better nature” would pull us back from catastrophe. He was wrong. Let’s hope in 2013/2014 those angels still hover -- and can make a house divided whole once more.

"My Reflex Sight Doesn't See Color Or Religion, Only Targets And Victims"
    -DILLIGAF
    It's far too late for any sort of effective 'civil war' imvho....The FEMA Camp's have allready been set up and 'they' are allready prepared to round up all of those 'patriot's' who would dare to go against the New World Order.

When 'they' come pounding on your door at 2am with heavily-armed jack-booted thug's, you will either 'comply' and give up your weapon's or you 'will die' with your weapon in your hand's. Yes, you may take a few of them with you, but in the end it will be 'game over'.

It's just that simple.

Either way do not fear, for in the end, Jesus Christ will redeem us and all of the evil's in this world will finally be dealt with.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

in my honest opinion, Civil War could be exactly what the American Public needs. Ive spoken of this a few times, but again, TBH the American public would more than likely lose. Any person participating in the Anti-Government attacks would be labeled as Terrorists, treated as terrorists and executed as such. Majority of Americans are comfortable not having to do much of anything to make a dollar, are comfortable going home to their kids each night and watching the Historic Civil Wars in Egypt and Syria on TV. Many people will talk the talk, but wont walk the walk. I pretty much think the TRUE American Patriot is dead or too greatly divided. People are no longer willing to kiss their kids good-bye anymore and do their patriotic duty and put the Government in check like we did during the Revolutionary War or our Civil War. Would you?

Although our Government is divided, and our Middle Class is pretty much dead, we still manage to hang on, somehow. I think if anything, some sort of Main Land attack may/may not happen in the future. If you think about it, we owe an enormous debt to China, nuff said on that.

As far as another Civil War, should it happen, YES, will it happen, Probably not. As a friend said a few days ago, "Id be willing to fight, but I wont be the one to throw the first stone." Who will be the first one to throw the stone? You, some Minute Man Militia? Who knows. We need to exhaust all other options before plunging our country into Civil War, then what? Who will we appoint, IF we win? How far are our Allies willing to let this go before they get involved and help our Government? We no longer will just be facing our US Government, and our Government wont have to ask for much to suppress the American People.

Good in theory, but probably wont happen.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

I don't see a civil war happening. First off we (collectively) need to stop reelecting ***holes to run our country into the dirt. Any action against the government is a tad ironic since we still have voting rights and its US putting these morons in time and time again. And I'm talking dems and repubs...all of them. Time for a big government turnover.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    I don't see a civil war happening. First off we (collectively) need to stop reelecting ***holes to run our country into the dirt. Any action against the government is a tad ironic since we still have voting rights and its US putting these morons in time and time again. And I'm talking dems and repubs...all of them. Time for a big government turnover.

And how do you suppose we do that? Many people dont pay attention to the person, just the party, more than 3/4 of all voters do a straight ticket vote, then they brag "I voted for so/so" no one really cares anymore sadly. They like what the candidate says and vote for that entire party. It takes me about 30 minutes to cast a ballot. I make sure I choose carefully, then I look over it again to be sure thats who I really want. I often take in notes, but then again, they can say anything, but often times they dont do a damn thing.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post

Abe Lincoln used those words in 1858 to describe a country that was careening toward civil war. Now we’re a house divided again and another civil war is eminent if our, "leaders" don't take responsibility for the mess they have created and fix it....

....Lincoln hoped in 1861 that the “angels of our better nature” would pull us back from catastrophe. He was wrong. Let’s hope in 2013/2014 those angels still hover -- and can make a house divided whole once more.
    If we are to discuss these subjects in an intelligent manner, it is imperative that we understand the terms we are using. I allude specifically to the term "civil war" as it applies to the War of Northern Aggression between the years of 1861 and 1865. That was not a civil war. It was an illegally vanquished attempt by 10 free and sovereign states to separate from the government that they perceived no longer served or protected their interests. A civil war is a struggle between two or more factions wanting political and military control over the same lands and the same government. The 10 Confederate states already had legal, physical and sovereign control over the territories they wished to keep, and had no wish or intention to conquer the North to take control of their lands or government(s). Calling the tyranny imposed upon the South by the despot Lincoln a "civil war" is more than a misnomer, it's an intellectually vacuous fallacy that should be called out as such every time it's postulated.

The Confederate States of America attempted and failed to win their freedom from an oppressor the exact same way most of their states voluntarily participated in winning against Great Britain during the Revolution. They were sovereign states before the Constitution was ratified, and the federal government was subservient to the sovereign states after the Constitution was ratified. A voluntary association should be allowed to be voided upon any/either party determining that their interests are no longer being served by that association. The despot Lincoln said "No." And somehow, to this day, people still revere his name and speak of him in highfalutin praise as some kind of savior of freedom. Utter bunk.

The Confederates had it right. Secession, not "civil war," is the only way a free people exercise their freedom. You don't intentionally start a war with a government that you want nothing to do with, you announce your intentions to separate whatever financial and political ties you have with it, and hold the moral high ground by not intentionally starting a war. Oh, they will sho' 'nuff start a war with the secession of a significant portion of their money-tree attempting to keep the fruits of their own labors, but the moral high ground is only held by high moral intent.

This is all very much an academic discussion anymore though. A Confederate States coalition could have worked if allowed to over the last 150 years, but it's too late now to set up a whole new country before the End of all singular governments comes. The NWO, OWG is upon us, the Anti-Christ is either already here and governing, or will make himself known very shortly, the mark of the beast will be forced (and accepted) by all those too weak of faith to resist it within months to maybe a couple of years, and 1/3 of humanity will just disappear to the rest of humanity and ascend into the Kingdom of God as a prelude to the Tribulations that the remaining 2/3rds will suffer.

In any case, The War of Northern Aggression was decidedly not a "civil war."

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    It's far too late for any sort of effective 'civil war' imvho....The FEMA Camp's have allready been set up and 'they' are allready prepared to round up all of those 'patriot's' who would dare to go against the New World Order.

When 'they' come pounding on your door at 2am with heavily-armed jack-booted thug's, you will either 'comply' and give up your weapon's or you 'will die' with your weapon in your hand's. Yes, you may take a few of them with you, but in the end it will be 'game over'.

It's just that simple.

Either way do not fear, for in the end, Jesus Christ will redeem us and all of the evil's in this world will finally be dealt with.
    Huh! That's it, then. Guess they win.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

You have to first understand that "Civil Wars" and "Revolutions" take time to cultivate themselves. We are nowhere near being at the brink, yet. Like I said in another thread, we are still in the information stage... there are members of the population who are further along in their beliefs and resolve than most. Some of those people are members of this forum, but most are only known to their close friends or relatives. Perhaps, only about 15% of the entire population is... we'll say, awake. The solution is not to just give up or assume that another 20% are just going to wake themselves up, you need to do everything within your ability to spread the word. Not, "We need a revolution!".... no, no, no.... that won't work. You have to start with small tidbits of history, what Liberty truly is, get into little political conversations, pass out pamphlets and push cards, get on social media and "like & share" everything that relates to what we're trying to do. There are hundreds of ways to make people THINK, which is all you can hope for..... that they will THINK.

I know that it seems hopeless, that using social media, pamphlets and signs doesn't work right away... but, you don't know what that Joe Schmoe is going to think or do later... maybe you did make an impression on him/her. Most people will ignore you and likely think you're looney... so be it, this is the way that creating a societal shift of this magnitude goes. It takes time.... and you've got it. The American Revolution took decades to come to violence, as did the Civil War... the animosity that you see around you, is small potatoes right now... but, it'll grow if you help it.

This is just one video on the topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    And how do you suppose we do that? Many people dont pay attention to the person, just the party, more than 3/4 of all voters do a straight ticket vote, then they brag "I voted for so/so" no one really cares anymore sadly. They like what the candidate says and vote for that entire party. It takes me about 30 minutes to cast a ballot. I make sure I choose carefully, then I look over it again to be sure thats who I really want. I often take in notes, but then again, they can say anything, but often times they dont do a damn thing.
    Couldn't agree more. While the middle class shrinks, we're left with big money interest groups/people and those who are uneducated and impoverished. Sooooo if I'm poor and need goverment support 24/7 because I know no different from generations before me, then my vote will reflect all that.

Lincoln's policies after the war of Northern Agression helped to contribute to the mess that we are in to today. Not totally, however, he did a lot to subjicate and delete states rights in order to build a strong federal government.
    A man must do what he has to do, ain't none of us getting out of this alive....I have it from a reliable source....
    There can be no love without pain; to show you the value of love......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast