Public School gun hysteria not so hysterical after all........., maybe. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Public School gun hysteria not so hysterical after all........., maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I want to move there and teach if they do this.
    You're a teacher. What's the best and the worst of the so-called Common Core? How much of the bad stuff you hear about is true?
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

A useless rant follows.

This has long been a problem here. There is a massive program under way to convince the population that guns are evil and should not be permitted in the hands of the civilian population.

To achieve this, the major (and not so major) media has been corrupted beyond all reason by the government and citizens with an almost unimaginable levels of wealth (or simply owners of the particular media organization) that have some serious problems in their logic circuits. Both believe (probably for different reasons; fear of confronting government and just crazy). Rather like the mothers that are energetically resurrecting epidemics long since conquered because they will not allow their children to be vaccinated and feel is is OK if they just feed them "healthy" food. Maybe in combination with "good thoughts". Media and assorted crazies have effectively brainwashed these people to live in a world that simply does not agree with the current universe/reality in which we exist. The anti-gun people simply reject reality and then create another reality which they implant in our society via political power or personal money. The citizens of the country simply do not see the reality.

The NRA is viewed not as an association representing paying members, but as some sort of independent super villain. But people like Bloomberg, supplying orders of magnitude more money to influence (AKA buying) elections and fighting against the validity of the US Constitution are considered OK and a wonderful gesture representing their love for mankind. In an incredibly stupid move the Supreme Court allowed the government to be purchased more readily. As I type, they are considering making it worse. The money from billionaires and corporations (excuse me, people, according to the court) are unabashedly buying the US government.

The most malleable people are children. Hence a significant effort to convince the educational infrastructure (preschool through the PhD) to vilify firearms and denigrate the other components of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Generously aided by already converted school board members and a good portion of the uninformed, and in many cases disastrously uneducated, public. They don't understand, but have been convinced that they do.

The most effective option the citizens of the US can have for saving the lives of innocent children from firearms and other weapons is to stop our government from attacking the civilians of other countries (e.g., collateral damage to unjustified wars). We want to keep Syrian "women and children" from being killed by their government by applying our ongoing national policy and just bombing the Hell out of every one in the area. But then, they are not our children. Right?

Can a large portion of our population not ever understand what is happening? Short answer, no - they have been educated to see another universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    You're a teacher. What's the best and the worst of the so-called Common Core? How much of the bad stuff you hear about is true?
    I've had this debate with people over and over. There is much media attention when a parent claims an activity or a lesson is a direct result of Common Core Standards. First and foremost, no state has ever, to my knowledge created curriculum, assignments, or activities for teachers to follow. All the Common Core is, are standards that students are to achieve in English and Mathematics. I have poured over the mathematics standards since I'm a physics teacher. There is nothing in there that is out of the ordinary.

There certainly isn't some hidden progressive agenda. Also, these standards have been adopted over three years ago. Here's a link and you can see for yourself. It even says in them that the teachers have the freedom to create their own lessons to achieve these standards. Each schools' departments will use these standards as a framework for developing their curriculum.

State Academic Standards

Click on the links for the Common Core in English or the Common Core in math and you will see there is no "plan" behind them except to teach English and Math.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

5. I have several friends that are or have been teachers. They didn't plan on being propagandists in government indoctrination centers, however they know now they are. They respond to my questions "What are we supposed to do" The answer is; Let the people know. Inform them of what is going on. If you care about children, if you care about your country, just open your mouth. If your afraid of losing your job. Do it on a web site and use a non de plume (fancy word for a handle). We need to keep ourselves informed. Our best chance for regaining our country is by electing FIRST local officials and school board members, then spreading out to state and federal offices. It sucks to be as old as I am, and still have to fight, to keep my liberties, but the oath I took when I joined the military, and when I became a deputy, had no expiration date. We here all love our Second Amendment, but don't forget the first (Freedom of Speech among others). Don't ever forget the preamble to the Constitution either. GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, AND FOR THE PEOPLE. The Founders insured that the highest authority in the land was .........., US !, maybe that is why we are the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by JCliff View Post
    Truer words were never spoken. Our public schools should not be referred to as public so much as government-run.
    Our school system has been geared toward turning out little liberals for years.

Oldest is a psychologist in Menominee.
    The kids are doing great with the amount of time they spend with their kids. They'd trust mom and dad long before a teacher.
    Summer hobby is boating on the Bay and Lake Michigan.
    Winter hobby is driving that Jeep off the sides of mountains.

8. Quote Originally Posted by GB-Boater View Post
    Oldest is a psychologist in Menominee.
    The kids are doing great with the amount of time they spend with their kids. They'd trust mom and dad long before a teacher.
    Congratulations to you and yours, that is an accomplishment in this day and age. It's not the case with many kids. The "Indoctrinators" have 8 hours a day with the kids, then they get 2 to 3 hours of homework. Most Moms and Dads work, and are pretty played out by the time the kids are done. Ask your son (I bet he knows) just how much time the average parents take with their kids. When kids can get condoms in school, abortion consoling, the morning after pill ALL without parental permission, then your not the parent, the government is.

9. There are those who state "Common Core" is an innocuous, program setting standards in apolitical teaching programs, maybe so, but take a look at the other side of the equation. Why the Common Core is Bad for America | Washington Policy Center.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I want to move there and teach if they do this.
    Several Delton-Kellogg School teachers in Barry County, MI, have been trained as sheriff reservists. The school district has not yet finalized a policy on the issue, but teachers who have competed the training and are deputized as reservists are permitted to carry their firearms in the schools (that wonderful GFSZA exemption!) and the district policy is expected to support it.

Teachers as Armed Guards in Michigan | National Review Online

11. [QUOTE=ezkl2230;475409]Several Delton-Kellogg School teachers in Barry County, MI, have been trained as sheriff reservists. The school district has not yet finalized a policy on the issue, but teachers who have competed the training and are deputized as reservists are permitted to carry their firearms in the schools (that wonderful GFSZA exemption!) and the district policy is expected to support it.

About time some common sense is being used. I believe my generation was one of the luckiest ever. Our teachers went through the depression and WWII. Most men were HEROS who served their country. My history teacher was a commander on a merchant marine ship in the north Atlantic, a math teacher was a Marine on Guadalcanal, and those were only two of many. If some punk would have walked in our school, and tried to shoot it up, they would have stuffed their head were the sun don't shine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12