Public School gun hysteria not so hysterical after all........., maybe.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public School gun hysteria not so hysterical after all........., maybe.

1. Public School gun hysteria not so hysterical after all........., maybe.

Seeing on the TV news, the crazy reactions to the kid wearing the NRA shirt, or the kid with the gun shaped charm, or the latest kid that pointed his finger like a gun, all received punishment from their schools, I thought it was just a crazy school teacher, or principle.

Then I ruminated over it awhile. I remembered Obama in the last "Gun" fight on capitol hill say: "We need to change societies attitude on guns". Well where, and who are they going to start with. Over the hill seniors like me? Heck we were weaned on guns. How about those 20 to 50? Maybe the 20-30 year olds. They convinced them of the acceptability of homosexuality. Now wither you agree with homosexuality or not, you have to admit older folks are much less acceptable of it, then younger folks. I guarantee those "Baby Boomers attitudes on it weren't much different then their parents. So why did the younger generation accept what was always viewed as at very least outside the norm? They were taught that the older generation was wrong in their thinking. Now no matter what your stand on that issue, there was only one real driving force that changed the "Social Attitude" on gays...., Schools, and the teachers.

So that being said, what is occurring in our schools today. Like Pavlov's dogs our children are being conditioned. Wear a pro-gun tee shirt get punished, have a tiny charm that looks like a gun, get punished, pretend with your finger, that you have a gun, get punished, shoot an Air Soft pistol in your own yard before school, get punished.
    Learn a song in school that replaces the words Jesus with Obama, get a reward.

Maybe I am wrong, I often am..., but maybe not.

If it makes you feel any better, our school board is currently debating arming teachers and staff.

All my kids and grandkids know how to use guns and hunt.
    14 yr old granddaughter was sent home by her dad during deer hunting last year.
    Reason: She had knocked down 3 deer and her dad wanted someone else to get a chance to fill the remaining tags.
    It's going to be awhile before they can change the minds of the children. Home schooling on guns, hunting, fishing, the American Way, etc. We can teach it faster than they can try to change it. Most people have the upper hand in what they want to indoctrinate their children with. The only way the government can get control is if we give it to them.
    Summer hobby is boating on the Bay and Lake Michigan.
    Winter hobby is driving that Jeep off the sides of mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercliff_46 View Post
    Seeing on the TV news, the crazy reactions to the kid wearing the NRA shirt, or the kid with the gun shaped charm, or the latest kid that pointed his finger like a gun, all received punishment from their schools, I thought it was just a crazy school teacher, or principle.

Then I ruminated over it awhile. I remembered Obama in the last "Gun" fight on capitol hill say: "We need to change societies attitude on guns". Well where, and who are they going to start with. Over the hill seniors like me? Heck we were weaned on guns. How about those 20 to 50? Maybe the 20-30 year olds. They convinced them of the acceptability of homosexuality. Now wither you agree with homosexuality or not, you have to admit older folks are much less acceptable of it, then younger folks. I guarantee those "Baby Boomers attitudes on it weren't much different then their parents. So why did the younger generation accept what was always viewed as at very least outside the norm? They were taught that the older generation was wrong in their thinking. Now no matter what your stand on that issue, there was only one real driving force that changed the "Social Attitude" on gays...., Schools, and the teachers.

So that being said, what is occurring in our schools today. Like Pavlov's dogs our children are being conditioned. Wear a pro-gun tee shirt get punished, have a tiny charm that looks like a gun, get punished, pretend with your finger, that you have a gun, get punished, shoot an Air Soft pistol in your own yard before school, get punished.
    Learn a song in school that replaces the words Jesus with Obama, get a reward.

Maybe I am wrong, I often am..., but maybe not.
    Last teacher professional development day we had, I complimented a colleague on his Molon Labe shirt. He was not fired or suspended.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, our school board is currently debating arming teachers and staff.
    I want to move there and teach if they do this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Last teacher professional development day we had, I complimented a colleague on his Molon Labe shirt. He was not fired or suspended.
    Chances are that no one knew what it meant. Otherwise.........

8. Quote Originally Posted by GB-Boater View Post
    All my kids and grandkids know how to use guns and hunt.
    14 yr old granddaughter was sent home by her dad during deer hunting last year.
    Reason: She had knocked down 3 deer and her dad wanted someone else to get a chance to fill the remaining tags.
    It's going to be awhile before they can change the minds of the children. Home schooling on guns, hunting, fishing, the American Way, etc. We can teach it faster than they can try to change it. Most people have the upper hand in what they want to indoctrinate their children with. The only way the government can get control is if we give it to them.
    Mine too, but don't forget they have those kids 8 hours a day. How much time do we get with them, OR "choose" to spend with them. Not all teachers are against guns, but the ones that I know, and have talked to are also sharing this concern. I just mention this so we are aware of it. By the way Go Pack Go. (Marinette county)

One after thought. When my kids were in middle school (they are in their 40's now) we had gun training in the school (BB Guns). Where is that now. The left has great patience, they view us like the frog in the pot of water, slowly increasing the heat. The frog doesn't jump out, because he doesn't notice the heat, until just before he is dead.

If you can home school your kids do it. We did it for the full 12 years. Sent the daughter to private school for kindergarten. For $8,000 bucks I figured I could teach her to color inside the lines. So rather than let the government schools indoctrinate my kid in how "government" is a better parent than I am, my wife and I brainwashed her in our version of the truth. What did I get for my time you ask;

A wonderful 18 year old daughter that

1.) Is off to college...yes home schooled kids are actually smarter than government schooled kids
    2.) Is proficient in the use of every type of legal firearm
    3.) Is a solid Christian that does volunteer work with her Church and made a decision on her own to be Babtized
    4.) Pro Life and understands why she is pro life
    5.) Was a delegate to and voted at the Virginia Republican Convention at the age of 17 this past May. Allowed in Virginia if you will be 18 by election day
    6.) Works the local gun show with my wife and myself campaigning for the Virginia Republican ticket
    7.) Has a good sense of her moral direction
    8.) Everything I could have hoped she would be

Anyone can home school their children. If they think they miss government schools just take them in the bathroom, beat them up, and steal their lunch money. If that doesn't work give them a wedgy!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercliff_46 View Post
    ...Like Pavlov's dogs our children are being conditioned...
    Truer words were never spoken. Our public schools should not be referred to as public so much as government-run.

This is part of the progressive program of total control over every aspect of the lives of U.S. citizens. Progressives want no individualism or liberty for citizens. The propaganda and indoctrination in the schools of our children is necessary to create good little members the collective. And the Second Amendment permits individuals the ability to provide for their own protection. The all-powerful state can not permit any individualism. The Feds want everyone dependent on them for everything. Every totally dependent citizen adds to the power of the elite over the inferior masses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast