Is China now telling our leader's what to do?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is China now telling our leader's what to do??

Quote Originally Posted by MyFred View Post
    What would happen if we just defauled and didn't pay them? Really, it's just a question. I am not a financial expert.
    If the U.S. defaulted on its debt, which is owned mostly our own citizens, no one would loan the government money except at a much increased interest rate. Or at least this is what we are being told. In reality it is far worse than this; and the default would be one of many possible triggers.

The debt problem isn't quite as clear as it was a few years ago, however. The debt, the value of the dollar, and government spending are in actuality a "house of cards" and a very precarious one. The Federal Reserve has been buying most of the government debt for the last few years. The Fed is able to do this by digitally printing obscene amounts of worthless money out of thin air. The Fed calls this quantitative easing. Our money is backed by nothing but faith in the government. And that faith is quickly eroding. By all the laws of economics, which Obama can't change, the dollar will and must collapse very shortly. This'll lead to hyperinflation; and virtually everyone's wealth will evaporate into the same thin air from which the Fed has been creating money. Those who have worked hard, saved, and invested in stock (mainly senior citizens) will see their entire life's work disappear in a matter of days.

The U.S. has never faced a situation like this before so no-one can tell anyone how to avoid the disaster. Put your faith in things that have always been important to men in desperate situations. God, guns, precious metals, and land, especially agricultural land, will be the basics of survival. And one more thing. The government will attempt to confiscate privately owned real assets. And there will be large groups people who haven't prepared, particularly those presently living off the government, who will feel entitled to your supplies. Governments become tyrannies when people are terrified; and this is the progressive's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Considering what could happen militarily, I hope Obama isn't that stupid. After years of the US fighting wars, we are in no position to take on China. Besides, the Chinese are all over the west coast so they wouldn't have far to go to start something. Soon, we will have to learn one of two languages, Chinese or Spanish. I went to Spanish language school over 40 years ago so I am brushing up since we have so many Latin-Americans down here. My, my, how times are changing!
    Latin-Americans=Illegals=Invaders from the south=pre-democratic voters.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    My, my, how times are changing!
    All are Signs of the End of The Age & This Last Generation Christ warned us about. Things are just beginning to heat up, everywhere.

"The Further A Society Drifts From The Truth The More It Will Hate Those Who Speak It".
    ~ George Orwell ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Funny thing I have to say about this debt crisis is this; If WE rack up some sort of debt with a bank or creditor and do not pay, they take your house, car or other assets as payment, plain and simple, BUT, our Government can just brush it aside and say "well pay them later" and continue to borrow money....Wish I could do that. Sheesh, I would be living like a King, wait, our Government is doing that now....Stole my ideas.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Howdy,

They have been telling us what to do since Big George took office in 1989.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

They have been telling us what to do since Big George took office in 1989.

Paul
    Try again troll. 1979 was the year that the US formally accepted normal relations with the PRC. That is the date that the mainland China was able to start trading directly instead of us recognizing Formosa. And right now, Japan owns more of our debt than China does. As of Dec 2012 it was China 755B with Japan at 769B. And which President was it that took Chinese money at election time? WJC.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Clinton didn't just take campaign money. He provided missile guidance systems, high tech avionics, and computer technology to the Chinese that was prohibited under U.S. law. He didn't do the trade directly but through U.S. companies But what's a little treason among friends. It really is time to stop blaming Bush for everything. There's enough blame to go around; and the Dems richly deserve a major share of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12