Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama: 'I'm not going to take your guns away'

YouTube - Charlton Heston

Charlton Heston: 1923-2008. RIP.
    Actor, patriot, Chairman of the NRA for four {unprecedented** terms,
    and maybe soon a Prophet....?

American Rifleman June 2008:
    Interview with Senator John McCain (pg 15):
    Questions by NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre and NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox: "Senator, would you explain the reasons behind your opposition to Bill Clinton's ban on many semi-automatic firearms, that he mistakenly called 'assault weapons'?"
    Senator McCain: "Of Course. Gun bans don't work, because they only restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens. Criminals pay no more attention to laws banning guns than they do to laws banning assault, robbery or murder."

"Bad boys! Bad boys! What ya gonna do when they come for you?"
    'Cops'.

This post is for you MP3Mogul. CNN may be a tad busy to catch you on film, they will only have about a million other exact same stories to cover that day, and the next, and the next!

C-L

We will become the Armed Militia as provided by the 2nd Amendment
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    YouTube - Charlton Heston

Charlton Heston: 1923-2008. RIP.
    Actor, patriot, Chairman of the NRA for four {unprecedented** terms,
    and maybe soon a Prophet....?

American Rifleman June 2008:
    Interview with Senator John McCain (pg 15):
    Questions by NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre and NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox: "Senator, would you explain the reasons behind your opposition to Bill Clinton's ban on many semi-automatic firearms, that he mistakenly called 'assault weapons'?"
    Senator McCain: "Of Course. Gun bans don't work, because they only restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens. Criminals pay no more attention to laws banning guns than they do to laws banning assault, robbery or murder."

"Bad boys! Bad boys! What ya gonna do when they come for you?"
    'Cops'.

This post is for you MP3Mogul. CNN may be a tad busy to catch you on film, they will only have about a million other exact same stories to cover that day, and the next, and the next!

C-L

McCain is only saying what he needs to say to get votes. His lifetime voting record on gun rights suggests something completely different. See here:

Project Vote Smart - Senator John Sidney McCain III - Interest Group Ratings

Then please give me a 3rd choice other than the trash-can 4 my ballot!
    If you care to visit 'Vets and Guns' U will find I have done more McCain bashing over (stated loss-of V.A. care policies made by 'Johnny') than any unbiased moderator should ever do. Then go find how many times I have BLASTED Obama on other threads. So I'm informed or sheeple? BAAAAAAA! Whichever way ths goes someone loses something like Vets their heath care, or (stated Obama goals) our 2nd. So where is Ronald Reagan or JFK in the [miserable] choices we have in this election? Still hell-bent on shredding my ballot as in truth and for me BOTH these idiots R going to screw someone if elected, each has an aganda that means one group of citizens will lose something, except the 1% of the richest of American$ who NEVER lose Jack they can't rebound from! I can't eat my gun. I may end up too poor to own one or even worry about having anything worth stealing as a indigent, and I sure need V.A. healthcare so give me a 3rd Tat, don't just poke at one over one issue, look at the whole picture and think damage-control after our new president gets swown in for some poor millions who WILL lose something regardless of who wins! This is USA Carry so I should just post about my rights to own a gun, well done that, so I may as well quit posting anything that makes any one group of citizens P/O-ed!

Canis-Lupus
    Last edited by Canis-Lupus; 09-09-2008 at 04:21 PM.

6. anyone who claims that more gun control will take guns out of the hands of criminals, who don't follow laws , is not only a moron, but a very dangerous moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    Then please give me a 3rd choice other than the trash-can 4 my ballot!
    If you care to visit 'Vets and Guns' U will find I have done more McCain bashing over (stated loss-of V.A. care policies made by 'Johnny') than any unbiased moderator should ever do. Then go find how many times I have BLASTED Obama on other threads. So I'm informed or sheeple? BAAAAAAA! Whichever way ths goes someone loses something like Vets their heath care, or (stated Obama goals) our 2nd. So where is Ronald Reagan or JFK in the [miserable] choices we have in this election? Still hell-bent on shredding my ballot as in truth and for me BOTH these idiots R going to screw someone if elected, each has an aganda that means one group of citizens will lose something, except the 1% of the richest of American$ who NEVER lose Jack they can't rebound from! I can't eat my gun. I may end up too poor to own one or even worry about having anything worth stealing as a indigent, and I sure need V.A. healthcare so give me a 3rd Tat, don't just poke at one over one issue, look at the whole picture and think damage-control after our new president gets swown in for some poor millions who WILL lose something regardless of who wins! This is USA Carry so I should just post about my rights to own a gun, well done that, so I may as well quit posting anything that makes any one group of citizens P/O-ed!

Canis-Lupus
    I'll be glad to give you a third choice, as well as a 4th. Bob Barr of the Libertarian Party, and Ron Paul as a write-in candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I'll be glad to give you a third choice, as well as a 4th. Bob Barr of the Libertarian Party, and Ron Paul as a write-in candidate.
    I will agree that both are better than the two major candidates. I would especially like to see Ron Paul in the White house. Having said that though you and I both know that they can not get a majority of the votes because the vast majority of Americans believe they are not electable so in essence that makes them so. Our news media will not help either because they do not want any one other than someone from the Republicans or Democrats to be elected.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I will agree that both are better than the two major candidates. I would especially like to see Ron Paul in the White house. Having said that though you and I both know that they can not get a majority of the votes because the vast majority of Americans believe they are not electable so in essence that makes them so. Our news media will not help either because they do not want any one other than someone from the Republicans or Democrats to be elected.
    Don't you mean just Democrats? Other than Fox News, most of the rest of the mainstream media has not had a nice thing to say about the McCain/Palin ticket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12