Is Baohner's Boondoggle unconstitutional? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Baohner's Boondoggle unconstitutional?

1. Is Baohner's Boondoggle unconstitutional?-chief-justice-john-g-roberts.png Would you buy a used car from this guy?
    Your points are good nogods; all based upon constitutionality and Supreme Court integrity. But the elephant-in-the-room problem is that the US Constitution is analogous to a political lame duck these days and the Supreme Court, a farce with Chief Justice John G. Roberts becoming a pretzel to twist Obamacare into viable law. The first is dead and the second, a traitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    So what happens if congress demands that the Supreme Court reverse Heller and McDonald or suffer the consequences of being defunded.

I'd expect the clerk would commence an action against congress and the decision would be that such a move is unconstitutional because it uses a legitimate procedure for an illegitimate purpose.

Boehner's boondoggle is no different.

Withholding funding of the government to get repeal of a law validly enacted and politically affirmed by a majority of voters in the last presidential election is no different.

Maybe Benedict Boehner and his followers should be tried for treason.
    Last edited by MossyHead; 10-10-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: sp
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." attributed to Benjamin Disraeli by Mark Twain

And to counter nogods question on the SCOTUS being defunded, why not defund the Executive Branch to what the Constitution requires by its writings? Most of that branch only exists due to Congress and the House could shut them all down with a funding cut. Only thru things like liberal interpretations of the Constitution have those groups been funded.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Not bad, Mossy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Those who are Elitist, Socio-Facist, Leftists are fans of Monarchy... of course, as long as it's their guy in the office. They hate the idea of limited gov't, with limited power and limited influence. The idea that other people around them aren't forced by law, or at gun point if need be, to conform to what they believe is right... eats at their black heart.

What's funny is, the core of the Constitution was... in essence:

I'll leave you alone, you leave me alone... and the gov't leaves us both alone.

Who could argue against that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

No. Not false. What you provide is partisan party talking points from the WH. Obama is not willing to have any reduction or change in the AHCA unless it is of his choosing. He made that well know in his temper tantrum on Wednesday. Having the ACHA fully intact, without concessions, is not "With Republican Priorities"

Cantor's memo was written September 6th, long before any publicly known meetings or discussions were had. By that time the WH already dug in its heals and told the American public "our way or no way". Cantor's memo was a wishful pipe dream at best believing that Obama would even entertain such a notion. The sequester level spending concept was rejected by the WH. Obama wants everything he wants and he wants it his way.

My statements stand.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    "The Further A Society Drifts From The Truth The More It Will Hate Those Who Speak It".
    ~ George Orwell ~

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Nogods, your statement on the voters was wrong also. A majority of the voters did not vote for 0bama. They voted for Mitt or did not vote at all. It was only the majority of those who did vote that voted for 0bama and that vote is still unsettled as there were many ballots that could and were challenged. Explain a voting area having more votes than voters registered.

Ah..yea...there are people in buffalo who think the Bills actually one those 4 super bowls too.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Except for one glaring fact. The AHA is a tax as defined by the SCOTUS. As a tax, it means it is a budget bill. It started in the Senate and not the House. Therefore it still is an illegal Act. Maybe Benedict Reid and Pelosi should be tried for treason. The House has the power of the budget bills so if they defund, the Senate can only chose to seek a compromise. And by the way, it is 0bama who first violated the illegal Act by cutting out chunks for his pals who get an extra year to implement it.
    You are absolutely right... this POS law would have never survived the process... it was only by use of a parliamentary "trick" by Harry Reid did this go through. It would have died in the reconciliation process. As for Obama "picking and choosing" which portions he wishes to implement.... I don't understand why the Republicans haven't filed suit REQUIRING the entire POS be implemented NOW. If fully implemented, even the Senate would get such a backlash from the businesses that fund their campaigns that they would have to at least delay the individual mandate. That would give us time to repeal it. Remember....they don't care about whether the House tries to defund Obamacare, but they do care if their donors defund their campaigns!!!

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Ah..yea...there are people in buffalo who think the Bills actually one those 4 super bowls too.
    So you started out this train wreck with the assertion that Boehner's attempt to get a government funding bill passed that didn't include 100% of what the Obammunist demands was unconstitutional and makes him a traitor. Now you're back to just posting your normal one-liner, brainless quips. I guess you've given up on the "unconstitutional traitor" meme?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

No!
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast