Is Baohner's Boondoggle unconstitutional?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Baohner's Boondoggle unconstitutional?

Is Baohner's Boondoggle unconstitutional?

So what happens if congress demands that the Supreme Court reverse Heller and McDonald or suffer the consequences of being defunded.

I'd expect the clerk would commence an action against congress and the decision would be that such a move is unconstitutional because it uses a legitimate procedure for an illegitimate purpose.

Boehner's boondoggle is no different.

Withholding funding of the government to get repeal of a law validly enacted and politically affirmed by a majority of voters in the last presidential election is no different.

Maybe Benedict Boehner and his followers should be tried for treason.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    So what happens if congress demands that the Supreme Court reverse Heller and McDonald or suffer the consequences of being defunded.

I'd expect the clerk would commence an action against congress and the decision would be that such a move is unconstitutional because it uses a legitimate procedure for an illegitimate purpose.

Withholding funding of the government to get repeal of a law validly enacted and politically affirmed by a majority of voters in the last presidential election is no different.

Except for one glaring fact. The AHA is a tax as defined by the SCOTUS. As a tax, it means it is a budget bill. It started in the Senate and not the House. Therefore it still is an illegal Act. Maybe Benedict Reid and Pelosi should be tried for treason. The House has the power of the budget bills so if they defund, the Senate can only chose to seek a compromise. And by the way, it is 0bama who first violated the illegal Act by cutting out chunks for his pals who get an extra year to implement it.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Boehner's actions are far from being a boondoggle. If Obamacare is the law and is to be followed by one and all, why has Obama made so many unauthorized modifications to it himself? He can't have it both ways. All or nothing applies to him as well as the rest of us. The House has offered to make concessions that would keep the government going and give time to iron out the kinks in Obamacare. The Dems found out that OKing one bill at a time would defeat their stonewalling and, consequently, stopped everything. Obama's refusal to negotiate is more from being egotistical than a wise political ploy. If the government defaults, that decision lies at Obama's feet. He will own it but, as usual, he may try to blame that on George Bush also. I have said it before and will say it again, the inmates are running the asylum!! In all seriousness, to default may not be as bad as people think. It may cause an uproar in the country so that even Obama will have to get off the pot.

I wonder if Obama realizes theres a fire on the first floor, and theyre stuck on the second. Defund Obamacare, no one wants it, about 51% of Americans do not favor the AHA, 39% approve a 10% are neutral according to PolitiFact | Obamacare "has never been favored by a majority of Americans," Gingrich says I wonder if Obama sees these approval ratings? He should give up, the vote on AHA was unconstitutional in the fact that AHA was Passed by house and senate as a LAW before it was switched to a tax without a vote.

As I always say, I will NOT get the AHA nor will I participate in his Healthcare reform. Hes got to realize, the more he pushes, the more and more Americans will say NO. Then again, the Congressmen and Senators need to listen to their people too. I can only hope the Shutdown will force Obamas hand and he will [hopefully] use all 2200 pages as uncomfortable toilet paper.
    Baohners stunt a Boondoggle? I think not. Sorry, but I have to ask, whos side are YOU on? You came to the wrong place calling Baohners stunt Unconstitutional, inadvertently calling AHA Constitutional.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Ignorance is the hallmark of this Last Generation.

Once again, Henry Kissinger, former Secretary of State in the administration of US President Richard Nixon, said openly upon the election of Barack Obama as the US president in 2008 that Obama had been groomed to be the ARCHITECT to lead us into a "New World Order". One can understand the reason for the political and economic condition of the United States of America with that kind of purpose as a backdrop for the national events of our time- economic decline, extremely risen national debt, declining military strength, and lack of high level political and governmental intent to change the direction the nation is being led. There's no big secret here, just a lot of willfully ignorant people.

"The Further A Society Drifts From The Truth The More It Will Hate Those Who Speak It".
    ~ George Orwell ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Riiiiiiiiiiight....................
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

First, Obama's acts with respect to the law may or may not be unconstitutional. The answer to that won't change whether or not Boehner's ransom note is unconstitutional. Constitutional law doesn't work on the "unclean hands" doctrine.

Second, Blaming Obama for the consequences of Boehner's ransom note is like blaming the store owner for the brick thrown through his window when he refused to pay the protection insurance.

And the polls show that the public understands that quite well. Boehner is handing the Democrats the 17 house seats they need in 2014.

"Look, you think ObamaCare's a big enough threat to this country that you need to shut down the government over it? Fine. Own it. Don't fart and point at the dog." -- Jon Stewart

Nogods, your statement on the voters was wrong also. A majority of the voters did not vote for 0bama. They voted for Mitt or did not vote at all. It was only the majority of those who did vote that voted for 0bama and that vote is still unsettled as there were many ballots that could and were challenged. Explain a voting area having more votes than voters registered.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Boehner is handing the Democrats the 17 house seats they need in 2014.
    I have to laugh when you liberals make these statements. I have to ask, why do you care? Are you saying you want republicans to win? Really! You should be cheering the republicans on to keep getting the blame. That way you can get more liberals elected.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Everyone knows that liberals have the best interests of the conservatives at heart. This is the reason that we seem to allow the media to pick our candidates for us. And they have given conservatives some great candidates recently.

The "power of the purse" was given to the House intentionally to prevent laws dangerous to the Republic from taking effect. The founders realized that the House was more accountable to the people than the Senate. House members must run for reelection every two years and are vulnerable if they pass things that seriously hurt the people.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast