History Lesson for Veterans - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: History Lesson for Veterans

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember the four killed at Kent State weren't involved in the demonstration. They just happen to be in the area.
    That's correct but our government was trying to teach citizens a lesson. The students continued to demonstrate so it didn't work. But Obama will provide a lesson or warning on a much grander scale. And if the Americans don't learn from the carnage it will be followed by martial law and the suspension of the Constitution. That will teach them not to question their rulers.

The chickens are coming home to roost.
    Barry Soetoro has had 5 plus years of living in the White House making speeches in campaign mode about what we need and what should happen. His media buddies played along and even went so far as to propagate it. Can't blame Obama, he is just a long legged mack daddy doing what long legged mack daddys do.
    I blame the media.
    The USA is in decline and all those nice countries in the world that have never been able to get along with each other are going to take the advantage.

How all that change working out for you now?
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by jameshd View Post
    You actually believe that tripe?
    That "tripe" you refer to is part of American history. I don't recall that anyone was shot, but there WERE fatalaties.

You never heard of General Douglas MacArthur? When he was Chief of Staff of the Army in 1932, he personally led troops to clear out the area where thousands of veterans AND THEIR FAMILIES had been camping asking for better benefits.

George Patton commanded a half dozen or so tanks and Dwight Eisenhower, a Major at the time, was MacArthur's aide, I believe and headvised MacArthur that it wouldn’t be a good idea for him to lead this but, of course Dugout Doug wouldn’t listen.

One of my favorite Ike quotes was when he said about the incident, “I told that dumb son-of-a-***** not to go down there," he said later. "I told him it was no place for the Chief of Staff.”

So, yes the Army HAS been used against Americans.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I have been telling this to grandkids this week end. It is history, it is true and it is just repeat of all. My issue is the ChiComs. They make most all the things we use, Home Depot, Walmart, this lap top, the flat screen. We are not the pre-WWII country, we out produced the world, but, try as I may not one person cares to hear what I have been preaching. Try to bring this up in the check out line at any store, aske them if they know what they are supporting. We do not make one AC window unit, LG, GE all out sourced. I was in the new Tractor Supply Store this week end and few if any were USA made. Sorry, I wil get off my soap box, but yea, history again, this time we all are pissed.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

My Father told me about the WWI Vets that were shot during their march on Washington for their promised benefits.
    I was either in grade school or Jr. High, 7th grade, when I told a teacher. I was young and not sure what grade but the thing I remember was the look of shock when during a class discussion
    I told the story and why. Not sure if the shock was that I knew about or it was because she was just finding about it. BTW My Dad was a WWII vet.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

If I remember correctly 2 vets were killed by police and two police were also killed. But there were almost 1100 injured when MacArthur ordered the regular army to advance and burn the vet's tents and shacks. By any standards this was a disgraceful and despicable action; and I fear that Obama is capable of provoking something far worse.

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember the four killed at Kent State weren't involved in the demonstration. They just happen to be in the area.
    There were a total of 13 students shot. Four died, one remained paralyzed. Not all were protesting, but some were.

EDITED PARTActually I did some fact checking.... 2 of the deceased were protesting, the other 2 were walking to class including an ROTC member.
    Last edited by wolf_fire; 10-15-2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: rotc
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Just history repeating itself. Did they learn from the first time? Sure looks like it could happen again. Oh dear!
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Yep. I absolutely do and, if you would read a little history, you might also believe what is recorded fact.
    You have shown to all your lack of knowledge on history. It is possible that it is not entirely your fault but the public education system. But it is your fault for not realizing that your knowledge of history and what is happening in this country today is sadly lacking!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast